• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,138 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,138

PreviousChapters Next
5 Cleaning by TaviPlaysTheBass

Cleaning by TaviPlaysTheBass



Octavia pushed open the door, and was met with a disaster zone.

Vinyl Scratch’s apartment was downright filthy. Pizza boxes littered the table and surrounding floor. Her music collection was scattered all across the apartment, along with extra pairs of sunglasses. In the kitchen, dishes piled high in the sink, looking like they hadn’t been cleaned for weeks.

“Vinyl? Are you in here?” Octavia asked, looking around.

She walked around the living room, tripping over a haphazard pile of magazines.

“Vinyl? We were supposed to meet for breakfast, are you still sleeping?”

A pile of chinese take out boxes stirred in the corner, and Vinyl sleepily poked her head out, rubbing her eyes.

“Tavi? What are you doing here?” She looked at her marefriend confusedly for a second, and then comprehension dawned on her face. “Aw crap, Tavi. I forgot about breakfast didn’t I?”

Vinyl shot up out of her makeshift bed, and levitated a pair of her trademark sunglasses on.

“I’m ready to go!” She raced out the door, only to look behind her and see that Octavia was still standing inside her apartment.

“Vinyl, it’s one PM.”

“Aw, shoot. Really? Vinyl looked downtrodden at that piece of information. “I guess I really screwed up our date for today.”

“Yes, I suppose you did.” Octavia frowned for a second, but the corners of her mouth slowly turned upwards as a brilliant idea came to her. “I can think of something else for us to do, though.” She said, grinning slyly.

Octavia walked over to Vinyl’s overfilled cabinet, reached inside, and pulled out a broom.

“It looks like this place could use a bit of cleaning.”

PreviousChapters Next