• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,142 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,142

PreviousChapters Next
89 Soul by lyra_lover777

Soul by lyra_lover777, a sequel toFalling, which in turn is a sequel to Wedding.

The shattering effect that overcame Octavia's entire being made her quiver, made her tremble and want to die.

And she realized she could very easily end it. With a knife, a noose, jumping off of her apartment...

But before those things became options she had to at least try once more to get Vinyl back to her.

"Oh, Vinyl...."

But it was hopeless. She had tried to pick herself up constantly for the past two days. She had barely been able to wobble back to apartment before she had become to cracked, to shattered.

Octavia, on the third day of uncontrollable shaking, finally coaxed herself out of bed for just something to eat. She ate a decent meal, a few pieces of wheat toast with butter. At least it was better than the few small morsels she had been scavenging from around her room for the past few days.

She put on a crisp bow tie, looking outside. Twilight was approaching. The perfect time for a serenade.

She picked up her cello, its case as black as the steadily darkening night. She knew it was either run or stay, for her heart pounded to fast and hard for her to idly make her way to the abode of "Vins", quote of "Neo."

Ugh. The nicknames.

Octavia did a quick sweep through with her comb, but taming her wild bedhead was impossible without a proper wetting, Without the time or drive to go in the shower(she probably stank as well), Octavia proceeded down the steps of her apartment and out into the cobblestone streets, where she fled into a full out gallop.

After a few minutes of twisting through the streets, she found the home of her former fillyfriend and her current significant other. They lived rather close due to the fact that they both wanted to live in the rather compact Canterlot Music District, for all three were musicians through and through,

She saw the balcony, where Vinyl sat, distracted as she spun a record on her hoof absentmindedly. Neon Lights seemed to be gone for the moment, and Octavia took this opportunity.

She pulled out her cello, its glossy wood a bit dusty from its lack of use in the previous days.

Her bow struck the strings, and Vinyl's head instinctively turned towards the melody that wafted to her ears on the light breeze.

Octavia, a single tear rolling down her face, began to sing, to sing a song that came from the bottom of her heart. It poured out of her, totally unexpected.

"We could've had it alllllll, ah alllllllllll, rollin' in the deeeeeeeeeeeee-e-ep."

Vinyl, her mouth wide open. watched as Octavia began to break down in front of her, tears rolling down her face.

"You had my heart insiiiiiiiiiiiide of your ho-o-oof, but you played it, but you played it, to the beat."

Vinyl was obviously experiencing mixed emotions from the performance. She looked as though she wanted to cry, scream, and forgive all at the same time.

Octavia struck the bow wildly, her voice breaking as her bow frayed, a few of the strings snapping. Soon Octavia was a puddle of sadness seeping into the ground, the wreckage of a once elegant cello splayed around her.

Vinyl had a single tear running down her cheek. Both of their souls had cracked, cracked in half. They had broken each others, and no matter how much they wanted, there wasn't a plausible solution of how to fix them.

Vinyl whispered one word, one single word.

"Love."

Octavia looked up, her countenance one of pure grief.

"You."

PreviousChapters Next