• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,141 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,141

PreviousChapters Next
76 Run by Cobalt Ravenscroft

Not for the first time this week, Octavia wasn’t happy. The first time, Lyra had suggested she did exercise to get rid of some of her ‘pregnancy pudge’. The second, Vinyl had agreed, reminding Octavia of how she used to be the one needing to work out. The third, today, she was in the park with Vinyl, feeling ridiculous.

“Is this really necessary, dear?” Octavia whined into her sweatbands on her front hooves, “What if Harpo or Beauty sees me? I’ll never live that down. Or what if Arpeggio needs me?”

“She’s in good hooves, Octi,” Vinyl reassured her, stretching her legs while definitely not trying to tease her wife, “Bon Bon knows what she’s doing and Lyra’s there in case her magic plays up. And remember, I’m here to protect you from the bullies,” she winked.

Their daughter, Arpeggio, was only two months old and had very rarely been without one of her mother’s around, especially Octavia. Since Vinyl had been doing all the house work and shopping, Octavia had been free to relax with her new foal. This, however, meant she hadn’t been able to get rid of the weight she’d put on over her pregnancy. Vinyl hadn’t minded, always saying it meant there was more of Octavia to love but Octavia wanted to be back to how she was before, mostly so she could play her cello without getting out of breath.

Vinyl had suggested running, since Octavia used to do daily runs around the local park when they started going out but she had stopped quite some time ago. It also meant Vinyl had to exercise too, but seeing Octi in a sweaty mess was incentive enough for the unicorn. The only problem was getting her started. Luckily, Vinyl had a plan.

“Hey, Octi?” Vinyl asked.

"Hmm, what is it, dear?” Octavia looked up expectantly.

“How about if you can break a sweat now, I’ll help you wash it off when we get back?” It had been a while since they’d been able to do something like this, and since Arpeggio was staying with Lyra and Bon Bon until Octavia picked her up then the two of them had as much time as they wanted.

“No, you will not trick me into exercising like that, Vinyl,” Octavia harrumphed and sat on her haunches, crossing her forelegs as she did.

There goes plan A, Vinyl thought, Oh well, that’s what plan B’s are for. “Fine then, I guess I’ll just have to get home before you then, maybe eat those sweets you aren’t hiding under our bed,” she teased.

“No! You wouldn’t dare, not my bonbons…” she looked on in terror as Vinyl’s grin grew to super-villain standards.

“See ya, Tavi!” the white unicorn called as she began running in the direction of their house.

Octavia was stunned for a moment, but she quickly gave pursuit to her retreating wife, “Vinyl Scratch, you come back right now!” the mare screamed as she chased Vinyl down.

“Sorry, Octi,” Vinyl called over her shoulder, slowing down a little so Octavia could catch up a little bit, “but I can’t hear you over the sound of the ground shaking,” she joked, causing Octavia to run harder just so she could punish her wife there and then.
---

The pursuit lasted all the way to the front door which Vinyl managed to open with her magic before she reached it. She was still ahead of Octavia but had let her catch up at some points so she hadn’t given up yet. Vinyl had managed to make it to the back of the house and towards their bedroom before her wife caught up.

When the earth pony made it into the bedroom, she was both thankful she had made it and outraged at her wife. There she was, lying on her side on the bed, a bonbon floating out of the bag at her side towards her open mouth, and all the while she was looking straight at Octavia, taunting her.

Before she knew what she was doing, her body used its last ounce of energy to jump up onto the bed to ‘save’ the poor sweet from Vinyl. But her body had a bit more energy than she thought and she managed to leap past the sweet, landing with two legs either side of Vinyl on the sheets. Both mares were sweating and breathing heavily from the three mile run home, and the sight of Octavia’s rage above her made Vinyl act like the joking filly she still was at heart.

What she wanted to say was ‘I think you need a shower’, but as soon as her mouth was open it was forced shut by her wife collapsing on top of her, exhaustion finally catching up with her.

Octavia was fast asleep and, since she hadn’t been working out, too heavy for Vinyl or her delicate magic to move, so she accepted her fate as pillow was grace, wrapping her sweaty hooves around her wife’s sweaty barrel and falling asleep herself, but not before thinking ‘I could get used to these workouts.

PreviousChapters Next