• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,142 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,142

PreviousChapters Next
61 Stars by Cobalt Ravenscroft

A camping trip. What a pleasant idea for a weekend. A nice change of pace was exactly what Octavia needed, and even Vinyl seemed to be enjoying herself, a good thing too, since this was her idea.

There was one rule, though. Only one item that wasn’t deemed ‘necessary’ each. For Octavia, it was obviously going to be her cello and her earth pony strength meant it didn’t bother her too much. It wasn’t such an easy choice for Vinyl, since she couldn’t choose between her glasses and portable mixing decks, but once Octi had pointed out that there was no electricity in the countryside the decks had stayed at home.

They had chosen a small spot just outside Ponyville, a quaint town with very different ideals than what Octavia was used to with Canterlot but Vinyl had always spoke highly of the rural beauty spot. Dinner had gone well, for beans on toast, that is, and Octavia had treated the warm summer evening to some of her more uplifting cello pieces.
Both mares soon grew tired and before thinking about going to sleep, they lay back on the grass, shoulder to shoulder and gazed up at the stars.

“I love the stars, Octi,” Vinyl spoke up quietly, “they remind me that no matter how bad Princess Luna felt before she returned she still wants to make her night as beautiful as she can, for all ponies like me who enjoy her night as much as she does.”

Vinyl was being oddly philosophical, but she spoke up again before Octavia could tell her so, “It also reminds me of how happy I make ponies with what I do, since nopony wants to rave in the day, and how happy I can make you after you’ve had a bad day, or when Harpo’s been himself again. That’s what I think when I see the stars, babe. What do you think about?” She rolled over to face her marefriend.

Octavia thought long and hard before she answered, and Vinyl loved it when she made her adorable, scrunched up face, especially when Octi didn’t know she was doing it.

“I think, Vinyl,” she started thoughtfully, “that somepony forgot our BUCKING TENT!” She turned to face Vinyl with an angry glare, muzzles inches apart, waiting for a response.

“Uhh…” not the best start Vinyl, she thought to herself, “I didn’t think it was necessary?”

The joke was in bad taste and she knew it, but Octavia was a reasonable mare, “Fine then, you are keeping me warm tonight.” She snuggled into her marefriend’s hooves, curling herself into as small a ball as she could manage, but being the bigger of the two made it a little difficult.

Ha, knew it wasn’t necessary, Vinyl thought as the two of them fell asleep slowly as the small campfire flickered down to embers.

PreviousChapters Next