• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,142 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,142

PreviousChapters Next
68 Derailed by Treblemaker

Derailed by Treblemaker

This was a train wreck. Vinyl had never screwed anything up this bad before. It was more of a derailing, a careening off the track. There probably wasn’t even rails to start with, and now that she was thinking of it, there probably wasn’t even a train either. These thoughts crossed her mind at sonic rainboom speeds, seeing as she didn’t have much time to think anyway.

SPLAT.

Pinkie’s latest creation, which fell from the heavens, rested upon Vinyl’s mane. The frosting temporarily coating what once was a shade of electric blue to a shade of pink. Snapped out of her trance by the sound of a certain pony laughing beside her, she wiped off the cake, leaving globs of icing stuck to her coat and mane.

“How sweet of you Vinyl.” Came the inevitable pun from the gray earth mare. Earning only a glare from her caked companion, Octavia mused at the sight before her. “Would you look at that, it was like a Rube Hoofberg of destruction! I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it.” Her clipped Canterlot accent shown through as she laughed. Turning around as she realized that the DJ wasn’t laughing along with her, Octavia was struck dumbfounded. What could only be explained as tears were evident in the eyes of the mare, leaving Tavi with no idea how to control the situation. (Mind you, Vinyl isn’t one to cry.)

“Vinyl? Vinyl, what’s wrong?” asked Tavi, thoroughly confused.

“I messed it up. I messed it up big time.” stammered the alabaster pony.

“Now, I wouldn’t say this was a mess up.” Canterlot’s leading cellist comforted. Looking back at the scene, Tavi was wrong.

The last of the fires were being controlled at the Carousel Boutique, the clock tower was being repositioned by a team of Pegasi, and the Friendship Train was being hauled out of the river. “On second thought, at least you didn’t destroy the eastern side of town.” mused Octavia.

“You don’t understand.” Vinyl choked out. “Out of all the things to screw up, of course it had to be this one.”

“This one what? What exactly was this that you screwed up?” inquired Octavia. The frosted pony muttered something under her breath. “I didn’t quite catch that.” said Tavi.

“A...A proposal.”

PreviousChapters Next