• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,141 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,141

PreviousChapters Next
78 Nightmare Night by Ratsenkio

Nightmare Night by Ratsenkio

“I think they are not home.” said BonBon to her marefriend.

“But Bonnie, they said that we should come get them when we were ready.” said Lyra.

“Do you think something happened?” asked BonBon.

“Maybe we should enter with the spare key.” answered Lyra.

“Fine, but if they are doing something for adults then I’ll say it was your idea.”

Lyra took the spare key and introduced it in the keyhole. She twisted it and after hearing the soft click they entered the house of their friends. The first thing they noticed was that the house was in almost complete darkness save for the few moonlight rays that entered through the windows.

“I don’t think they’re home” said BonBon, the spooky atmosphere making them stay close to each other.

“Wait, did you hear that?” asked Lyra “it’s like somepony is crying.”

“Stop it Ly, you’re not going to *sniff* o-o-okay, I believe you now.”

They reached the sound and asked if someone was there, only to recive the same sniffle they heard before. They saw a figure in the corner and got closer to it. it seemed like their friend Octavia.

“‘Tavi, you okay?” asked Lyra with concern.

“I didn’t mean to do it. *sniff*” said Octavia.

“What happened?” asked BonBon now seeing their friend made them feel more at ease.

“I just hit her like we always do. *sniff* She makes me angry I get my cello and hit her in the head. *sniff* She always does it, she feigns that she is crying and that it hurts but I know it’s not truth. *sniff* but then she really started crying but I knew it was all an act, then she started screaming and then she stopped all together. *sniff* I love her, I would never do something to hurt her.”

“What happened Octavia?” asked Lyra with authority and fear. Mostly fear.

The storm started howling outside and with the thunders came a little more lightning to the room. In her forelegs Octavia was cradling Vinyl who wasn’t moving and had what looked like blood dribbling from her head, staining Octavia and the floor below. At the side of the room, rested Octavia's cello with a few spots of the same red liquid in it’s body.

“I love her, but I also love my job. I can’t afford to lose it.” Octavia looked up as she grabbed her cello by the neck. Once her eyes reached the viewpoint of Lyra and BonBon, they saw her eyes were dilated and bloody. But what really did it was when Octavia spoke again. “I’m sorry” was all that she said.

With a shriek both mare started running and once they were out of the house, they ran even more.
***********************

Octavia and Vinyl laughed. they joke had been perfect. Vinyl almost couldn’t contain the laughter during their acting, but she had managed and now the results were evident.

“Did you saw the look on their faces!” asked Vinyl.

“and how they ran!” said Octavia, both still if gleeful laughter.

“I hope we didn’t go too far” she said after having composed for the moment.

“Nah, I don’t think so. Once they remember you never hit me they’ll come back.”

“Yeah, they know I would never do anything to hurt my beautiful cello” said Octavia with a smirk.

“Oh, come on, say it, you would never hurt me because you love me!” said Vinyl while making faces.

“That’s right. I love you too much for my own good.” said Octavia, after which she dragged Vinyl into a passionate kiss.

“But in all seriousness ‘Tavi, The way you acted was so hot. I don’t think all of that in the floor is fake blood, if you know what I mean!” said Vinyl with a playful smile while pointing to the puddle.

“Oh shush you, you silly mare. Don’t make me get my cello.”

PreviousChapters Next