• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,127 Views, 316 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 316
 2,127

PreviousChapters Next
38 Blue by TaviPlaysTheBass

Dating Vinyl Scratch had never been easy.

The mare was lazy, uncouth, and spontaneous, qualities that Octavia loved in her, but nevertheless they were qualities caused difficulties.

And fights.

Vinyl always meant well, but sometimes her eccentricities just became too much and Octavia just needed some time for herself, Now was one of those times.

For her birthday, Vinyl had written Octavia a song. This was a gesture she usually would have appreciated, but to come home after quartet rehearsal exhausted and find her apartment shaking with wubs the moment she opened the door was a little overwhelming, to say the least. Once again, Vinyl had had the best of intentions, but loud dubstep on her birthday had done nothing but upset her.

All she had wanted was a nice dinner and a bottle of scotch, so when she found out the Vinyl had neglected making dinner all together, she had yelled in anger at her marefriend and left the apartment angry, off in search of her own food. Perhaps it had just been the effects of a stressful day, but Octavia regretted more than anything that she had exploded at Vinyl like that.

Poor Vinyl, that silly, clueless mare.

Octavia had felt bad as soon as she left the apartment building, and she hadn’t enjoyed a single bite of the expensive salad she had ordered herself.

She hadn’t enjoyed a single part of her evening without Vinyl.

Sighing, she walked up the stairs towards their apartment, mentally preparing herself to make up with Vinyl.

The lights were all off when she entered the room.

Shoot, she must have already gone to bed.

Octavia took off her bow tie and sat down on the couch, relaxing as she sank into the soft cushions. She noticed a piece of paper lying on the coffee table in front of her.

Curious, she picked it up.

Hey Tavi,
I’m sorry I upset you on your birthday, and I’m sorry you didn’t like your song.
I ruined your special day.
I know sorry isn’t enough to make up for it, but maybe these will be.
Love,
Vinyl

Taped to the bottom of the letter, barely visible in the soft light, were two tickets to the Canterlot Royal Symphony.

Neightoven Five, my favorite symphony! Octavia let out a fangirl giggle as she looked over the tickets again and again.

Dating Vinyl Scratch had never been easy, but loving her came as effortlessly as breathing.

PreviousChapters Next