• Published 7th Sep 2014
  • 3,172 Views, 186 Comments

Heat - TLP



A story in which will involve explosions, vehicles, and just pure total mayhem and stuff. Because it's Vietnam. And Vietnam was fucked. So I did this. Because this is fucked.

  • ...
12
 186
 3,172

Chapter 6: Front Row Seats

Author's Note:

Remember when I said I was going to cancel this story?

Well.. I lied.

I started out this story just to add vehicles and stuff.. People seemed to enjoy it, so I continued until I decided to give up on this story.

But.. I have more vehicles to add. Doing these kind of stories is a guilty pleasure for me...

So, this'll just continue on the Green Berets, then I'll see what other unique stuff I can add. Hope it's enjoyable at least!

(And this chapter is basically somewhat of a 'filler', to be honest with you all. The next chapter will be much longer and with more detail and stuff. And of course, a new vehicle..)

Grimsake: M1 Garand, M1911.
Casanova: M16A1, M1911
Manhunter: M60, M1911
Ramsoar: M3 Grease Gun



As Casanova looked above at the treeline to see the several silhouettes of B-52's, Manhunter spoke up, but not keeping his eyes off the other five ponies.

"So.. Are those what I think they are?" He asked.

"Yep." Casanova confirmed. "B-52's. And a lot of them. They're dropping fucking bombs here, and for all I know, we could be the next target. Those damn things are flying over our heads!"

"What the hay are ya'll talking about?!" Applejack yelled in utter confusion. "What are you, where do ya' come from, and-"

She was then cut off as Manhunter shot his M60 at her hooves, making her jump away more then six feet and look at him in terror and confusion.

"Do not speak unless we tell you otherwise!" Manhunter yelled at them, while Ramsoar stood besides Manhunter's crouched form, aiming his M3 Grease Gun at them.

"Look.. Uh.. Guys.." Twilight spoke. "I'm sure we can settle this situation.. Can we start off by letting our friend there go?.." She pleaded.

Casanova looked down at the cyan pony, who was looking back up to him with a glare that could kill, nevermind the fact that this didn't faze him one bit.

After a couple more moments of tense silence, Casanova spoke up. "... Fine. However, if this fucker even looks at any of us funny, I'll be more than glad to internally decapitate it, understood?"

The purple Unicorn looked at Casanova with a look of horror, before gulping slightly and nodding. Casanova then looked down at the pony once more, noticing that its facial expression was now one of fear instead of a menacing glare.

With a stotic expression, Casanova slowly pulled away the barrel of his M16 away from the cyan pony's ear, and slowly lifted his boot off of its back. The cyan pony quickly flew away and back to the others, seemingly hiding behind the orange one with a Stetson.

Manhunter kept his M60 on them before he spoke up. "Grim.. You okay to keep going?" He asked.

Grimsake nodded, lifting his M1 Garand from the ground and cracking his neck to the side. "Like always.." He responded, giving a glare to the cyan pony, who comically hid further behind the orange pony.

The orange pony noticed this and gave an accusing glare towards Grimsake. "Will ya' lay off of her, partner? Ah know what she did was wrong, but just put it behind ya'!"

"I will once we get the fuck out of here, partner.." He taunted back.

Before the orange one could respond, Casanova butted in. "Quit it, both of you. This is already as bad as is.." He said. Casanova then turned to Ramsoar. "Use the radio if you can and call in the Huey's.. We're getting the fuck outta here."

Ramsoar nodded, putting his M3 to the side and pulling out his radio. "This is one weird section of Laos..."

"Uh.. What's a 'Laos'?" A pink pony with a very odd, puffy mane asked innocently.

Casanova and Manhunter looked at her quizzidly.

"Is.. Is your mane made out of cotton candy by any chance?" Manhunter asked quietly in curiosity.

"Nope! But it smells like it. Wanna smell it?" She asked with a grin.

"Uh... No thank you." He responded back awkwardly.

The pink pony somehow shrugged. "Okay!"

Manhunter looked at the pink pony with a blank stare before turning back to Ramsoar. "Hurry up, will you? Not even five minutes here and I'm already losing my shit."

Ramsoar nodded again. "I'm trying.... Here we go!"





Inside the Huey...




Stinger One-Niner, the Huey gunship that gave fire support to the Green Berets, were flying around the forest near where the other Huey had dropped of the Green Berets, taking in the entire of what they could see, while the pilot, Johannes Martinez, kept a close eye on the perimeter, looking off into the distance and above, where the B-52's were, thankful that they were far away from their location in the forest.

Stinger One-Niner, this is Stinger Two-One, are you, uh... Playing the radio right now?" The pilot from the Huey A1 Gunship, Travis Mckoy, asked.

"That's a negative, Mckoy..." Johannes said, turning up the volume from his built-in radio in order to further enjoy the piece of music that was known famously as 'Born On The Bayou' by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

"Sure it is. You should have had Marlton there install the same radio on this Huey. It gets boring here listening to Johnny's voice." Travis said jokingly, nudging the co-pilot, Jamie Marlton.

"Oh, bite me, Travis.." Jamie sighed.

"You're all a bunch of stupid fucks.." The co-pilot for Johannes, Keith Altemworth, teased. "You guys might've literally been born on the backwoods of Louisiana from what I've heard."

"Hey, I come from San Luis Obispo, asswipe." Johannes shot back. "You and me are the only ones born on the west coast. Well, you're from Monterey, so that's why you always seem so laid back."

Keith simply nodded as he lowered the volume for the music radio, until he was contacted by the actual radio systems.

"Be advised, Stinger One-Niner and Two-One, this is Ramsoar. Requesting immediate pick up on our location. We've ran into some.. Crazy shit." The pilots and co-pilots all heard.

"Solid copy, Ramsoar, we're on our way back to the original LZ. ETA 3 mikes." Travis spoke. "But uh.. What kind of 'crazy shit'?"

"You'll know what I mean when you guys get here."

"Roger; on our way now." Travis said, both Huey's now turning and flying side by side one another, speeding up to arrive to the Green Beret's location.

"Wonder what kind of shit they mean by that..." Keith asked out loud to nobody in particular. Regardless, Johannes responded.

"Probably some odd nature shit or whatever. This isn't Vietnam or Laos, that's for sure."

"This sure as hell isn't Kans-"

"Shut the fuck up with that, Keith." Johannes said. "I don't want to hear that cliche shit."

"Wilco." Keith said. "Asswipe."

"Indeed I am-" Johannes started, but stopped himself mid-sentence, hearing a very close and loud buzzing sound.

"Hey.. You hear that?" Johannes asked Keith.

"Yeah. Your annoying voi-"

"Not that, dipshit, I'm being serious..." Johannes said with a serious tone. They then heard Travis scream over the radio.

"Shit, shit, shit! We're locked on! Deploy flares! Deploy flares!!" He shouted.

"We're out of flares! We're out of flares, damn it!" Jamie shouted back.

Johannes and Keith looked to the side and watched in horror as a missile impacted the bottom of the A1 Huey, engulfing it in flames and black smoke, before it reappeared, its engine whining and sputtering while both its top and rear rotors were either destroyed or failing, while two MiG-21's flew ahead of them.

"Fuck!!" Keith shouted before the A1 Huey collided heavily with their own, the door giving away and slicing through his chest and the strap, while their own Huey started spinning out of control. The spinning made Keith get ejected from the cockpit and launched out to the forest below, while Johannes tried in vain to steady and control the failing helicopter.

"Oh, for fuck's sake! C'mon... C'mon!" He shouted, switching several switched and sticks, before a red light and several beeping sounds emitted, before the controls and the sticks combusted in his face, rendering him unconscious and heavily injured as the Huey spun swiftly to the ground, losing its tail rotor in the process.




To The Green Berets Below...




"What the...-" Ramsoar said as they heard a series of explosions and the roar of a jet engine near them. When this happened, all four of the Green Berets and the ponies looked up, only to immediately crouch and alert themselves quickly while a pair of MiG-21's flew over and past them, which made the ponies yelp as well.

"Oh shit.. Oh Fuck!" Manhunter shouted as they heard the whining and sputtering near them. Ramsoar then heard scattered radio chatter.

"Fuck!... C'mon... C'mo-" The radio then cut out to nothing, confirming their fears.

They then ducked down and looked up once more as they saw the bent and nearly completely broken body of a Huey helicopter spinning completely out of control to the ground, disappearing over the tree canopy, before two loud explosions were heard. One behind them, and another where the Huey was. Confirming that both Huey's were completely destroyed.

"Son of a bitch!!" Manhunter shouted in anger and frustration. When he looked back, he saw that the ponies were all now running away swiftly, taking this as a perfect opportunity to escape.

Manhunter then quickly brought up his M60 and fired heavily onto them, the 7.62 rounds nearly grazing their hooves as they disappeared behind the brush, but he kept firing regardless until Casanova yelled straight into his ear to cease fire.

"Stop wasting fucking ammo on those shits!" He shouted, grabbing Manhunter by the collar and lifting him up. "Get your shit together and let's move!"

"To where, huh?! The fucking pilots?" Manhunter shouted back. "Didn't you hear the explosions?"

"We won't know unless we go and find out for ourselves!" Casanova said, pushing him back and picking up his M16. "Now c'mon!"

The others, including Casanova, quickly followed as they went into the bushes and vines towards the smoke which would lead to the Huey wreckage, ignoring the fact that they were now on a large trail with signs of tank treads.

Comments ( 8 )

You Goddamn, motherfucking liar of a person.

I fucking love you for bringing this back. o7

Uhm....I have no idea what I'm reading...............
And Vietnam war isn't all that fucked up in term of "what the fuck happend". It was a bunch of political bullshits and because of the two big guys too afraid to fight each other so they push their underlings into the battle.
Heck, it wasn't the US's bussiness to interfere with the Vietnamese politcal event to begin with.
All the fault really go to the politicians.
Fuck politicians...There aren't many of them that care about the little guys anymore and those that do care are oppressed.

TLP

6492051
Yes, I realize that and all, but note that I made this in the first place to screw around a bit and because this is a guilty pleasure for me.

This story is glorious. Please continue.

Weren't you going to write about M113s?

6492460 I want more this is good story

Johannes and Keith looked to the side and watched in horror as a missile impacted the bottom of the A1 Huey, engulfing it in flames and black smoke, before it reappeared, its engine whining and sputtering while both its top and rear rotors were either destroyed or failing, while two MiG-21's flew ahead of them.

typical Warthunder helicopter RB battles

I really hope you continue this story!

Login or register to comment