• Published 1st Apr 2012
  • 4,261 Views, 80 Comments

Little Lily - Quill and Brush



No longer part of the PonyFall collab.

  • ...
11
 80
 4,261

Resurrections & Revelations

14 April 2012 - Saturday

“I think we broke her.” Brandi was desperately attempting to get a reaction from Lis, who had been sitting there with wide eyes for almost five minutes. Brandi turned and looked at me. “Nothing’s working.”

“Here, let me try something.” I got up out of my chair and walked around the table to be beside Lis. “Hey, Lis.” No response. “Lis?” Nothing. I thought for a second, and then crouched down so that our eyes were level. “Lis?” Still nothing. I brought my hands up around her and pointed my index fingers at her sides. As soon as I made contact, I felt her flinch. I added more pressure until she jumped and squealed quite cutely. I turned to look at Brandi over my shoulder. “Seems someone’s ticklish.”

Brandi shifted her arms to cover her own sides. “That’s not funny...”

I grinned, turning to look back at Lis. “Are you awake now?” Lis wasn’t looking at me, but she moved from her frozen state. “Lis?” Lis remained motionless. “Don’t make me poke you again.” Her arms moved up and clutched her sides. “Ah, so you are awake. Well, listen. I can’t help you with this if you don’t let me. I want to help. But I can’t help you unless you let me. Please, just say something.” We sat there for a minute; Lis looking off to the side, me watching for Lis’ reaction, and Brandi watching the two of us.

After what felt like hours, Lis finally broke her silence. “That’s... not nice...”

I held back a chuckle. “What’s not nice?”

Lis finally looked at me again. “Saying things like that. It’s not nice.”

I glanced at Brandi, who shrugged, before turning back to face Lis. “Um, care to explain that one to me?”

Lis’ expression grew slightly darker. “You know, it’s one thing to make a joke like that, as sick as it is, but you should at least acknowledge that it was a joke when it gets outed.”

I sighed, and I’m pretty sure that Brandi’s forehead is gonna bruise. Well, that was pointless. I stood back up and took my seat again and watched as Brandi did the same. “We’ll talk about this later, okay?” Brandi let out a resigned sigh, and Lis was still kinda glaring at me. That went well! We spent the rest of the meal in awkward silence.


The awkward silence remained throughout the return ride and the walk up to my room. I don’t think that Lis stopped glaring at me, even when she wasn’t looking at me. I walked over to the kitchenette as the girls took their seats. I poured a glass of Mountain Dew and went to sit on my bed. “So...”

Brandi groaned. “Let’s just get this over with.” Lis turned to look at Brandi, and I’m pretty sure that the glare she was giving me stayed. That means she’s mad at Brandi, too? Yes! I’m not alone! Brandi turned to Lis. “Lis, people really do eat meat.” Lis glare softened just a touch. “No joke.”

Now, Lis seemed to melt a little. “Really?” Brandi and I both nodded. “No joke?” Another round of nodding. “Well, that’s... upsetting.”

Brandi and I glanced at each other, and I stood up and walked over to Lis’ chair. Squatting down to her eye level, I looked her in the eyes, she’s almost in tears, and offered what comfort I could. “There are many people in the world who don’t eat meat, although they are the minority. You can be a perfectly normal person without eating meat, if you so choose.” She nodded. “However, I think that you should try some before you decide.” She looked horrified, and I felt bad, but a glance at Brandi told me that I hadn’t messed up too badly. “Come on now, let’s just put this behind us and get on with the day. Speaking of, what would y’all like to do for the next few hours?”

Brandi glanced over at my alarm, chuckling slightly. “While I’d love to stay and chat, it’s getting kinda late, and I’d like to get some homework done tonight.” She stood up and started walking towards the door before turning back to look at Lis. “You comin’, or you wanna stay here?”

Lis looked startled for a second. “Um, I-I wouldn’t want to disturb you while you’re working.”

Brandi nodded once before continuing towards the door. “Well alright then. Have fun, you two.” The door slid shut behind her.

Seems kinda foreboding, doesn’t it. I shook it off, chuckling. It’s just like Brandi to be so melodramatic. I took a swig of my Mtn. Dew before turning back to Lis. “So, what would you like to do?”

She looked around the room for a second before her eyes fell on the computer. “Can we do what we did last night? Listen to music and learn about... stuff?”

I chuckled and nodded, standing up to go take a seat at my computer. I sat in my chair and spun around to face my computer, nudging the mouse in the process. I quickly minimized the window that I was researching ponies in, and slid over to the screen that still had Grooveshark open before turning to look at Lis, still sitting over to the side. “Well? What are you waiting for? Pull up a chair!” She giggled a little, but complied. “So, would you like to have the music going while we work, or would you like to wait until afterwards, like we did last night?”

Lis looked up at me for a second before turning to look at the computer. “Let’s have the music going while we work.”

I nodded and turned on Grooveshark’s rock radio station. “Alright then. Let’s begin.” She giggled. “This is the keyboard, and you use it to input letters into the computer.”


“Come on, now! It’s barely been a half-hour!”

“But I’m tired! I don’t want to learn anymore! I can’t learn anymore!”

I sighed and leaned away from the computer. “Yesterday we worked for two hours, but today we can barely get in thirty minutes. What’s wrong?” She shrugged. “Well, we’ve still got another half-hour before dark, so what do you want to do, if we’re not gonna work on learning technology?”

“Can I see what you were drawing this afternoon?”

I shrugged. “Sure, why not?” I stood up and walked over to my bedside table, pulling my pad out and looking over it once more. This face is really familiar... I shrugged mentally and walked back over to Lis. “Here, this is what I was drawing.”

She took the pad and looked over it for a second. “Who is this? It’s really good.”

I shrugged. “I have absolutely no idea who it’s supposed to be. When I draw while distracted, like I was this afternoon, my hand does what it wants.” I shrugged. “And thanks.”

She started flipping through the rest of my pad, stopping to look at most of the sketches and offering words of praise. Before long she started yawning fairly regularly. After a particularly large yawn, she stretched her entire body, legs and arms shooting off from an arched back.

I chuckled. “Looks like you really are getting tired.” She yawned once more and nodded. “Why don’t we get you ready for bed, then.” She nodded again, and I stood up and offered her a hand. We walked over to the several bags of clothes that were sitting on the floor by my dresser. I knelt down and started digging through them. “I don’t think we got you any pyjamas at the store today. Um... Here, some sweatpants and... um...”

She took the sweats from me. “Could I sleep in another one of your shirts? I’m still not entirely comfortable sleeping with clothes on, and I think the larger shirt will be more comfortable.”

I glanced at her over my shoulder. “Yeah, I don’t see why not.” Is she blushing? It’s hard to tell with her looking away like that... I stood up and pulled another white undershirt out of my dresser and handed it to her.

She took it, yawning, and started towards the bathroom to change, and I went to sit back at my computer. Man, what a day. I pulled up Facebook, and nearly jumped when Brandi sent me a message almost instantly. ‘Having fun?’ I replied with a simple ‘What are you talking about?’ This received a ‘;)’ and a ‘I’m not telling...’ I shook my head and left that be, checking my email.

Lis stepped out of the bathroom shortly. “What do I do with these?” I turned around, and she was holding the clothes that Brandi brought over.

“Oh, just leave them in the bathroom, and I’ll take them to her tomorrow.” She nodded and complied, before coming to sit beside me again. “Are you not going to bed?”

“I’m waiting for you.” She laid her head down on my shoulder, yawning again.

I chuckled a little. “Then you might be waiting for a while. I’ve got some stuff that I need to do.”

“Like?”

“Oh, just some stuff for school, tidying up a little. Nothing to important.”

She yawned again and stood up. “Okay then, I guess I’m going to bed now.”

“Goodnight, Lis.”

“Goodnight.”

She laid down on the bed, almost right up against the wall, and pulled the comforter around her. She yawned once more, and the next sound she made was a soft snore.

Geez, it’s only eight! Well, let’s get going! I turned back to my computer and pulled my research window back up. Well, that’s kinda freaky! Glad she didn’t see this! I closed out the window and stood up to start making things a little neater. I cleaned up all the glasses and foodstuffs from the day, loading up the fridge and the sink. After washing the dishes, I went to put my pad back in my bedside table.

Picking it up, I noticed that it was open to the face that I drew this afternoon. I sat down in my office chair to examine the face and search my psyche for the owner of the face, be they real or imaginary.

Let’s see, seems to be a woman, slight build, light hair... two-tone hair? Hmm. Full lips, large eyes, small nose, maybe a model. Lis snuffled in the bed, rolling over and bring a smile to my face. I turned my attention back to my pad, but yawned before I could draw any more conclusions from it. Guess I’m more tired than I thought. Another yawn. Eh, I’ll figure it out later. I put my pad back in my bedside table, and then went to get ready for bed. Afterwards, I turned of my computer monitor and crawled into bed beside Lis, whispering “Sweet dreams.”

Comments ( 11 )

i find it ironic that many of ponyfall crashed and burned, and you, the one kicked out is still going, don't stop man :D

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!

Oh yeah, awesome chapter, by the way.

I pulled up Facebook, and nearly jumped when Brandi sent me a message almost instantly. ‘Having fun?’ I replied with a simple ‘What are you talking about?’ This received a ‘;)’ and a ‘I’m not telling...’ I shook my head and left that be, checking my email.
Brandi stepped out of the bathroom shortly. “What do I do with these?” I turned around, and she was holding the clothes that Brandi brought over.
MMm, yes... brandiception

(not trying to make fun of you or anything)

1714570 I, too, find this ironic.

1715787 Thanks for the catch. Am editing it... now.

1716576
no problem ^-^

1714570
O rly? most of the writers have been updating, 2 updates and AJ story went up in the last week. Doesn't sound dead to me.
Good job as usual Chocolate

1732543
never said it was dead or dying, but you cannot deny that many quit, and some never took off.

He's drawing Lis... and he doesn't realize it... :facehoof::ajbemused: Well, he is tired, so I suppose I can accept some brain-farts there. :twilightsmile:

so umm... whens the april 15th chapter if any :moustache:

I really wish the story would continue even after all these years

Login or register to comment