• Published 1st Feb 2014
  • 3,433 Views, 77 Comments

A Great Day - Darth Redbeard



When Spike wakes up from a bad dream, the day may let him know that there is someone out there for him.

  • ...
15
 77
 3,433

Sweetie Belle

Chirping birds woke me up and got me out of bed this sunny weekend morning. I've been really looking forward to the weekend all week! Well, I, um, had no plans, but you'll never really know what unexpected events could happen here in Ponyville. We actually get a bunch of surprises here, but I'd much rather stay here than in Canterlot with my parents! Unlike my sister and I, our parents mostly care about the upper class snobby nobles. They have tried to get us away from what they call "uncivilized people" here in Ponyville. Maybe they should spend some time here to see how "civilized" we are. Ponyville's got all my friends that I love, like Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Rarity, well, I mean, my sister can count as my friend, right? And I guess I should mention one of my closest friends, err, crush, well, no, h-he was someone I wanted to be more than just friends with!, that's for sure Oh, Spike! . We first met when he started school a few years ago here in Ponyville. He actually came from the land of my parents; Canterlot! But, I mean, it was weird. He wasn't at all snobby or anything, I mean, he was as normal as normal could be! And dreamy. And funny. And cu- okay I'm getting off topic. His adoptive mom was named Twilight Sparkle. YES, Princess Twilight Sparkle!

I got out of bed and went to get ready. After fixing my hair and cleaning up, I went to the kitchen for breakfast. Rarity was in the middle of making pancakes.

"I'll help get the dishes," but when I did, I dropped one of the more priceless plates. Rarity's eyebrows twitched and steam began to flow from her nose. Heh-heh, my bad. At least Rarity did not go off the edge as she usually does. I hate it when she over-reacts about small things.

After cleaning up the mess, I got dressed and went outside. I was thinking about how to spend the day until I remembered that the carnival was in Ponyville today. I started to skip towards it while humming "Love is in Bloom". I got started on that song at Shining Armor and Princess Cadance's wedding. That was the best wedding I have seen, even if it was the only one I have seen. Hard to believe it was only a few years ago it happened. I then caught myself remembering who I danced with at the wedding and began to blush. 'I wonder if Spike would be able to go to the fair with me' I thought to myself. As fate would have it, I bumped right into him. Literally.

"Sorry," he said. Since I knocked him down, I really felt embarrassed. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up. When I saw his eye's, I felt weird again.

'Th-those eyes, I-I could just get lost in them' Spike had a sad look on his face. I began to wonder what was wrong. I know Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were not around so that would not be the problem. He has just had that look ever since I met him.


It was the beginning of another school year and I was so excited to see my friends again. When class started, Miss Cheerilee walked up to the front of the class and announced that we had a new student from Canterlot. My friends and I thought that the new student would be stuck-up like most people from Canterlot are, but when he walked in, he seemed rather nervous. He had green hair that was green and spiked. He also had purple and green clothes on. His green eyes held a lot of emotion in them.

'He's rather cute' I stopped myself after thinking that. I just met this guy and I already start to think of him like that. 'I'll admit that he looks nice, and he's shy, and his hair is so nice I want to run my hands through it' I shake my head as I decide to not think anymore.

"Tell us your name," Miss Cheerilee told him. He really looked nervous after that. He took a deep breath and when he spoke, it was almost as soft as Fluttershy's that you could hear a pin drop.

"My name is Spike Sparkle," he said. I heard laughter at the back of the room. I did not even have to turn around to know who it was. Spike just went to his seat and stayed quiet for the rest of class.

When recess came around, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were picking on Spike. I finally had enough and went over to them.

"Leave him alone!" I had never really yelled much, but these two were asking for it. They just looked at me and walked off. I ran over to Spike to see if he was okay. "You alright," I asked.

"Yeah," he answered. I was glad to know he was ok.

"Just ignore those two." I said. " Their like that to all the students. I'm Sweetie Belle".

"Spike. Your Rarity's sister aren’t you?"

"Yep, I think I've seen you around. Your Twilights adopted son," I said. Spike nodded. "Would you like to meet my friends?" I asked. He got a giant smile on his face when I asked him.

"Sure!" he answered. I grabbed his hand and helped him to where my friends were waiting. When our hands touched, I felt a shiver go down my back. It wasn't anything bad, it felt good.

"Hey guys, this is Spike. Spike, these are my friends Pipsqueak, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, Dinky, Rumble, Twist, and Featherweight," I introduced. After the introductions were over, we all sat around watching the clouds go by. During this time, we all told Spike about us. Spike in turn told us about his life.

The next month, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon decided to have another go at Spike.

"You don't have any real parents," said Diamond Tiara. "You’re just a no named orphan". When Diamond said that, Spike ran away from the school. I saw Miss Cheerilee go over to Diamond and Silver so I went after Spike. When I found him, he was about to drown himself in the river. I called out his name to prevent him from doing that. It worked and allowed me to catch up with him. I told him that Diamond went too far and that people loved him for who he was. I noticed that he was shaking, so I pulled him towards me. The dam broke a second later. Something inside of me began to occur that day. I later found out that I was developing a crush on Spike. When we got back to the school, we saw Miss Cheerilee give Diamond and Silver a months’ worth of detention after we told her what happened. Everyone got a laugh out of the look on their faces. I should have took a picture of it.

A few weeks later, we were all at the Canterlot Statue Gardens for a field trip. Scootaloo, Applebloom, and I got into a massive argument over one of the statues, which Miss Cheerilee gave us a punishment of doing a paper about it. Just as we were walking away, Spike stopped in front of another one. The look on his face was pure awe. This statue seemed to stand out amongst the rest of them. A man on his horse with a massive sword pointing in front of him. There were at least ten other people with him on foot. This man seemed to have an aura about him that attracted leadership.

"Miss Cheerilee, what does this statue represent?" Scootaloo asked. When Miss Cheerilee walked over towards us, she gave an explanation.

"This statue represents many things children,” she began. “This man on the horse is the leader of this group. He became one of the greatest leaders of his country. This is one of his greatest triumphs during a rebellion against an Emperor that was really cruel". Diamond decided to interrupt with one of her rude remarks again.

“What’s so special about him that he has to be in this garden? His soldiers look really stupid as well.” She was answered by an unexpected source.

“Because this man represents leadership while his soldiers represent bravery, loyalty, and determination”. Everyone turned around and saw Princess Celestia. "He went from a Captain in charge of 13,000 men to an Emperor that was able to conquer large amounts of territory. He even beat two other larger and older empires". After more explanation, we all left for home. The whole trip, Spike could not stop talking about that statue. I can't blame him. That man sounded like someone who would be a great role model for Spike one day.

Months later, Spike and I were at the wedding of Princess Cadance, and Twilight's older brother Shining Armor. It went pretty well, if you count a massive invasion during a wedding a good thing. The Royal Guard along with Shining Armor and Cadance were able to beat them back. After that whole episode was finished, the wedding continued. At the reception, Spike asked me to dance with him while Twilight was singing "Love is in Bloom". I was happy when we danced at the wedding. During that time, I found out that my crush turned into love.

I was happy when Spike found out that Twilight got a boyfriend that when I hugged him, he began to turn blue. Twilight and Flash Sentry were friends years ago until they lost contact with each other. When they ran into each other again, they hit it off pretty well and began dating. Spike was already considering Flash is father and Flash looked after Spike when Twilight was busy. Flash had even moved into Twilight and Spike's place to be closer to the two of them.


After some time of thinking, I finally decided to help Spike by taking him to the carnival. I grabbed his hand and drug him all the way there. I started to get really excited at seeing the carnival. It even rubbed off onto Spike. We went to the Ferris wheel holding hands. I could tell that he was nervous, but I continued to hold it all the way there. We rode it until it stopped with our basket at the top. I decided to snuggle up to Spike. He was shocked at first but then relaxed. After the Ferris wheel we walked around the game area. When I saw a stuffed dragon, I asked Spike to win it for me. He won it and I gave him a kiss on the check as a reward. I saw his face blush from the action.

'Maybe he does love me,' I thought to myself. We walked around some more before running into Princess Luna. Luna and Cadance were our favorite Princesses. Twilight was still new, but we all loved her.

"Welcome," she greeted. When we asked her what that ride was, she called it the Tunnel of Love. We got onto one of the heart shaped boats and went into the dark tunnel. For some time, I couldn't see anything in front of me. I kept trying to find some light, until we saw what looked to be the end of the tunnel. After going through the opening, we were surprised by all the hearts and many other things. We even got to see a replica of the famous Crystal Heart. There was some love song playing we had never heard off, but it seemed to fit well. I began to snuggle up to Spike again. This time, he put his arm on my shoulder. I finally decided to tell Spike my feelings.

'If I don't tell him now, he may never know' I should've spoke sooner.

“Sweetie/Spike,” we said at the same time. We laughed and decided that Spike would go first.

Sweetie, for a while now, I’ve been having these strange feelings and when we danced at the wedding, I finally realized what these feelings were.” he took a deep breath and told me what he had to say. “Sweetie, I love you.”

I felt tears in my eyes as he said that. I then grabbed him in a tight hug.

“I’ve been feeling the same way Spike,” I said. “I love you too!” I felt really happy that he finally knew of my feelings and he felt the same.. We looked at each other and leaned in and kissed. When the ride was over, Applebloom and Scootaloo were waiting on us.

“So you guys are a couple?” asked Apple Bloom. We both nodded. The two of them knew that I liked Spike for some time and were trying to find some way to get us together. At least now they don't have to. Scootaloo walked up to Spike with a piece of paper.

“Twilight wanted you to pick up a few things,” she said. I decided to help Spike get the items. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo also decided to help. As we were leaving the carnival, Spike and I held hands. I just couldn’t help but think to myself

‘Best Day Ever!’

Author's Note:

Final part to this story done. I have two options for the sequel to this story. I can post a link in the Authors Notes to it, or try and rewrite it. Your choice. for those who want to read the original squeal to this, here is the link.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9888346/1/First-Date

For those that want a rewrite, ideas please.
R&R. and if you press the no likie button. please leave a review on what was wrong. No complaining on couples please. Everyone has their own views on different pairings and please be respectful of that. Respect my pairings and I'll respect yours. You can make jokes about them, just no rude comments about it please.

If anyone see's anything I missed or did wrong while writing and editing, send me a PM and I'll get to work on it. Or put it in a review. I can take some idea's, just not all. I can't please everyone, but I will work with people on editing and improving.

I hope you enjoyed this story.

Special Thanks to Golden Age for helping me make changes and some great ideas on this chapter.

Comments ( 55 )

Despite some spelling and grammatical errors and a severe lack of exclamation points, you've really improved with this chapter :pinkiehappy: Great job!

4049193 Thanks man. And did you check out the AN?

4049248 Eeeeyup :eeyup: thanks

Sorry not my cup of tea. I may sound shallow for it but I despise Flashlight. I love Spikebelle, but I can't stomach the other. I won't downvote, but I don't think I could finish because of that reason.

4075773 there was only two small mentions of Flashlight, but I understand. Everyone has their opinion.

4076511
Sorry that was my bro that wrote that. Idk why he even did that.

Im going to read this tho.

4078006 annoying little brothers? I can understand. No worries.

4078006 I can also understand if it's not the best story in the world. It was more of an experiment with 1st person POV.

We'll I just finished reading it. I don't see why it has so many dislikes. I mean it is rushed to the extreme and needs to be fixed, as well as having more dialogue instead of narrative. They aren't really talking much nor doing anything. It times skips a lot.

Anyways, the story itsrld isn't all that bad and the grammar is very good. Very few mistakes were found. Also this Pairing is one of my favorites so it gets bonus points. Glad it didn't go into detail with Flash. Overall I'd rate it a 6 out a 10. 1-3 is a dislike, 4-6 is no like or dislike, 7-8 is a like, and 9-10 is a like and fave. Keep working on lengthening works like these a bit to what I suggested above and they will become much better.

4078120 Thanks. I'm trying to get ideas for the sequel. That way, people will be able to read these stories in order. Any ideas? The sequel would be their first date.

4078145
For SpikeBelle? I have a Library of ideas dude.

4078190 I'll send you the link to the original.

4121490 dislike, just because of Flash? really?

4121509
who said i even down voted it?
besides, i just left as is.
just didn't really finish.

4121536 I noticed, your comment and another down vote. Don't need the force for that one. :eeyup:

loved the story
great pacing, no spelling errors, characters were as they were in the real show.
rating:10/10
congrats you won three tanks: a tiger Mk1, a panther, and a tiger Mk2 a.k.a " king tiger

4220485 thanks. I'll give those tanks to the 2nd Corps of the Imperial 1st Army.

Comment posted by Darth Redbeard deleted Apr 12th, 2014

4220485 I should also mention that its sequel is up all the way to the main series. Trouble Begins was an earlier one, so it's not the best.

4220492 your welcome and tell those Imps not to invade northern Europe that is my territory ( even though I am a American:twilightblush:)

4220510 The Imperial Empire is based off of America, but each Corps and Army has their own tanks. 2nd Corps has German tanks.

4220510 And we already conquered Northern Europe and the rest of the world.

4220509 Ill give a read some time I am a member of the 501st tank squad of the 13th battalion of the 3rd corps in the Solar rebel army

4220523 You have just met the Emperor of the Imperial Empire.

my armory has a couple german tanks and tds, a platoon of American armor, a company of soviet T34's and SU-100's, and five French artillery units

4220522 including the North and South Poles?:unsuresweetie:

4220536 The Imperial 1st Army has French and German tanks. The 2nd has Russian, 3rd Japanese, 5th British, 6th Italian, Emperor's Guard American. Different tanks from different eras.
Mostly WW2 tanks

4220550 the solar army ignored Italian armor for they were terrible in WW2

4220556 The 6th Army is based on Italy. They don't go into battle all the time, just when needed. The soldiers are really not from WW2, but Civil War era.

4220529 so YOU'RE the emperor
and here I am a captain without my formal wear:pinkiecrazy:

well my army is based on the moon but has many units across the globe working for the highest bidder, and robbing banks for fun:pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy:

4220572 Conqueror of the world. I don't have fancy robes, but dress as an officer.

4220585 eh ah well and dandy, I am dressed very casual and effective

well I'll talk to ya later, got to go rob a bank and takeover a few small towns in Germany, USA, and, FRANCE. :pinkiecrazy: ANARACHY and MONEY!
see ya in the moring:pinkiehappy:

4220592 Dress the way you feel comfortable. I have to return to the front. Equestria will never be freed until the last of my enemies are gone from the capital.

4220608 heh-heh soon my minions, soon we will take back what is ours!:pinkiecrazy:

4220616 Guess again. Imperial Marines, ATTACK!!!!!!

4220620 wait,wait,wait, if we are going to continue this we need to do so on a separate post
and continue tomorrow for I am going to bed soon
goodnight

4220620 really it will take me at least two years before my army even exists.
I have to get vehicles, ammunition, supplies and personnel and funds first

4220668 and the size of the Imperial Army, it will take years. 3 million infantry per army.

4220676 so far all i got is me and a couple of tanks

4220695 a few thousand militia

4334960 This is the second version of this story. The first one, really did not do good at all. This was an experiment anyhow. If I do this again, I will be better prepared.

4335069 I've found one for ILOE and The Pony King, as well as future stories. It's getting better having someone look over before publishing.

Login or register to comment