• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 621 Views, 47 Comments

Suddenly Starlet - DerpyStarlet



Where do I start, oh right. I've become a pony. And not just any pony, but my OC at that. I'm not even in Equestria or anything, I'm just here at my house. Now I'm wondering, What do I do?

  • ...
16
 47
 621

Epilogue: Triumph of Friendship

“Ugh…” I moan as I awaken from a dreamless slumber. I didn’t dream? What was happening before I fell asleep? My mind thinks back to the events of earlier and I can feel myself smiling. My eyes flicker open at the memory. We had just used the elements of harmony save earth and stop discord; we being Me, Vinyl, Sunset, Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie, Celestia, and Luna. Sunset had wielded the element of magic with the other girls while Twilight had enhanced their magic, with twilight being an element bearer she had been able to enhance the harmony further. Celestia and Luna had roles similar to twilights in enhancing the power. I had to use Starlet’s natural powers and connection to the void to direct where discord and everypony would go. Vinyl has a special spell for bass boosting, Twilight helped tweak the spell so it could boost non-audial types of harmony. Vinyl had cast the spell to boost the harmony’s magic into a wider radius. With the power that the spell had, everything should be fixed. I hold what should be my hands up to my face and I just find hooves.

“What?!” I scramble to my hooves and look around, All I find is the unconscious bodies of the ponies I was just thinking about. “No, it can’t be! We carefully planned! Everything was perfect! That should have worked!” I shout in frustration at the failure. We had all worked so hard, just to find out that it didn’t work?! I sigh in defeat, there’s nothing we can do if it didn’t work. Wait… if it didn’t work, then where’s Discord? I would be sure that there would either be more chaos, or he would be here to taunt us about our failures? Maybe it partially worked? No, there’s no partially in harmony, it either did or didn’t work.

Whatever the case, I need to get everyone inside before they catch a cold. We may have fur, but it is freezing up here. Remind me again why we decided to have a showdown on the top of this skyscraper?

`Because we traced Discords magical signature up to here?` I jump as I hear Starlet’s voice in my head.

So you decided to join me up here? It was getting kind of lonely.

`I wouldn’t wait up here, I have reason to believe that the spell worked. and if so, then we can’t let anyone see you eleven,` I look at the ponies on the ground.

What are you talking about? We’re still ponies, of course it didn’t work.

`Do you see any chaos? Neither do I. It definitely worked and, as you said before, harmony isn’t partial. I’ll explain after you are all out of view and everypony wakes up,` I sigh in defeat and look at how I’m going to carry ten ponies to our safe-house, also known as the abandoned warehouse that we took refuge in.

How do you propose I do this?

`Pocket dimension`

Really? Didn’t you say that was dangerous?

`Only if you don’t let them out, you can get to the ground floor Safe-house undetected right?`

Yeah, you taught me that cloaking spell. I put the ten ponies into my pocket dimension easily and put up the cloaking spell. I head down the stairs leading towards the bottom floor, I’ll have to be quick.

~~~~~~~

`Nice job at the end there,` Starlet says as I flash into the safe-house.

“Shut up, it’s not like anyones gonna believe him if he says anything. He’ll more than likely brush it off as nothing, I only bumped into him…” I pull out the ten ponies from my pocket dimension and I almost immediately regret it. My ears are met with complaints of various degrees, most of them from sunset.

“What the hay?! Why were you carrying us around like luggage!” Sunset yells.

“Yeah, you’re welcome,” I turn away from sunset to find Celestia towering over me menacingly.

“What is the meaning of this?” She demands. Her tone isn’t harsh, but it’s not soft either.

“I don’t really know, but Starlet said we had to keep out of sight,” Celestia glares at me and I hold her gaze.

Starlet, a little help?

`I can only help you as much as you can`

That’s right, we merged. Well, we were merged. Then discord thought it’d be funny to fracture my personalities again, except this time they fractured into me and Starlet. When we fixed ourselves, though, we didn’t merge again. We did, but we stayed seperate. That is to say, that our two halves are exactly the same, they just think on their own.

“Starlet, why are we still ponies? I thought you said it would fix us, didn’t it work?” I hear twilight call from behind me.

“We are wondering the same thing… what doth thou have to say for yourself?” Luna is giving us a look similar to the one her sister is giving me.

“I don’t actually know all of it, I have an idea of what it might be, but Starlet has somehow figured it out first. I’ll let her explain things,” I slip out of the drivers seat and into the recesses of my mind.

“I don’t get it, didn’t you guys merge? or partially merge or something? sure, Discord split you in two, but aren’t both sides the same?” Rainbow says, I look up to see her hovering above me.

“Well, yes. And no. Skylar and I were already quite similar, but we we’re almost opposites as well. While both halves are the same, when they’re offered different choices, they’ll do things different than the other side. When we realized that we were still two, and that those two are one and the same, we took action. This side of me, was named Starlet. while the other side that you were just talking to, was named Skylar. Both of us have a talent for lying and masking ourselves, so we get into character. When I was named Starlet, I adopted how Starlet used to act. When the other half was named Skylar, it started acting how Skylar used to act. Since we’ve adapted to different masks, we have essentially made ourselves into two different beings. Though, we are still just one pony on the inside.” Starlet explains.

“Why did you kidnap us?” Starlet shouts.

“No need to yell… I told him to keep you hidden, that just happened to include unconventional means of travel… The spell worked, but not on us,” Starlet is stopped here by exclamatory shouts.

“What do you mean it didn’t work on us?” Rarity asks. I have already figured out what Starlet was getting at, it makes sense.

“The elements work on a basis of harmony, there is a power of harmony within everypony. The elements take that and amplify and enhance that natural magic within everyone, that’s how they work. We all put our personal magic into that solution, so it had every one of our magical signatures. The elements excluded themselves and all other power bearers from the solution, we were all in harmony. Since we were in harmony, setting us back to normal didn’t seem right to the elements. Basically, since we supplied the power it looked over us,” I can see their frantic looks as Starlet explains our dilemma.

“So we can’t change back because we are the only way to change?!” Rainbow shouts, yet I can see twilight thinking something over.

“No, not quite. It’ll just take longer… after all, we have an extra bearer here,” everypony turns to the mare mentioned. “Actually Sunset, I haven’t really gotten to thank you yet,” Twilight says to her.

“Me? What did I do? I only helped you with the elements because I want to go back to Equestria also,” Sunset says matter of factly.

“Well, that too. But I’ve been meaning to thank you for looking after the girls after I left. I know that they must have taken it hard, and I’m glad that you actually managed to befriend them. I’m sure we’d all love to be your friend too, and by the look of it you would like to be ours as well,” Twilight places a hoof on Sunset’s shoulder.

“What gives you that idea?” Sunset says, a small blush rises to her cheeks.

“The elements wouldn’t have worked if you didn’t think of them as your friends,” Twilight points out.

“Well, it’s not like we can be friends anyway. They’re all dead in our dimension, right?” Twilight flinches at Sunset’s bluntness.

“Yeah, I guess so… but that doesn’t mean that you can’t still be their friend,” Twilight smiles hopefully.

“I guess not…” Twilight hugs Sunset abruptly, Sunset looks at Twilight in shock before begrudgingly pulling a hoof around her. “Yeah, that’s enough… I may be getting soft, but I’m not that soft,” Sunset gently pushes twilight away and sits up straighter.

“So, how is this going to work?” Pinkie asks Twilight.

“Well… could it be possible that we change you five back and not send you back to Equestria?” Starlet nods and twilight continues “Could the princesses wield the elements again and change us back?” Starlet halters for a second.

“I don’t know… I think it might work,” Starlet answers.

“Whoa! Starlet doesn’t know something?” Rainbow mocks.

“Oh, hush you. I happen to not know a great deal of things. It just so happens that I Research magic as an important part of my job, mind you,” Starlet retorts.

“Can we get this along? As fun as this is, I’d rather be my own pony again. Half of me was cool before, and the other half was just some dork.” Sunset sighs impatiently.

“Yeah, let’s all get back to separate people and ponies,” Rainbow says. Twilight floats the crown from off of Sunset and onto her own head. The crown lights up and the room is enveloped with the magic of harmony.

I can feel the magic coursing through my veins. The power of the elements of harmony is really something, I can even feel the happiness that rarity was talking about. I can feel myself being torn from the body of Starlet, but it’s for the best. I feel the magic flowing around me, and then I feel the air flowing through my hair. The light passes and I open my eyes to see Twilight looking at me in shock. I just look back at her blankly, her mouth is hanging open. It looks like she plans on saying something so I wait for her to say it. She snaps her mouth shut and looks behind me frantically. I look behind me and see quite the sight.

I can see all the normal ponies on one side of the group, and then I can see humans on the other side with features that match the ponies. for instance, hair colors are identical. Eye color is another thing, but that’s less of a concern. I turn to Starlet and she’s looking at me wide-eyed.

“What happened?” I gasp at the sound of my voice, it still sounds like Starlet’s. “Mirror.” I hold my hand out to Starlet and she obliges my request. I hold the mirror up and I almost drop it in shock. I’m a human female with dark-brown hair and red-dyed tips. The more shocking fact is that I have pony ears on top of my head, pale grey pony ears. My eyes are a striking blood red, I look like a human replica of starlet. I’m wearing my baggy pajamas that I was wearing before the change. They were baggy before and that was when I had a more solid and masculine build, Now they are much too baggy and are having trouble staying on.

“What happened?” I see the others all turning to Starlet for an answer.

“If I have to guess, it would be that part of your coding was overwritten by your equestrian half. Since you merged, all of your coding merged too. the elements did their best to seperate it, but even that wasn’t perfect. There was a memory of the exact coding, but that’s in the bodies. since the absolute coding for the ponies was the most dominant coding, the pony body wasn’t changed. The human halves were ejected and the magic formed them a body, but the ponies already have a body. If it had been the other way around, the ponies might have had similar changes.” Starlet answers.

“Why am I the only one that actually has pony features then?!” I shout.

“Well…” Our halves were already split and in a stasis of harmony still. When the elements went through, they found two halves were already arranged. The only thing the elements felt obliged to do there was attempt to sort out our personalities, as that was the only thing that the halves disagreed about. I would be Identical to how you are now if I didn’t have this body already there for me…” Starlet looks at me with embarrassment.

“I can’t believe this, how am I supposed to stay low if I’m half pony!?” I shout in exasperation.

“Um… Skylar? I don’t know if this changes anything, but you all have magical signatures,” I look at Twilight blankly. “Do you remember how I said that the other humans saw had no magic?” Twilight continues.

“I saw that as well,” Celestia adds.

“I noticed it,” Luna inputs.

“I did too, but i didn’t pay much attention to it,” Sunset adds.

“Magical signatures? What? I didn’t see anything,” Vinyl adds.

“Wait, are you saying…” I manage to pull my tablet out from the pocket dimension I put it in, I gasp. “We have magic?” I say in awe.

“Yes, you do. Do you think that this might help with concealing those ears and tail?” Twilight says. I blink as I try to comprehend what she’s just said, suddenly my mind catches up.

“I have a tail?!” I spin around and look at my rear to find a long tail flowing over the top of my pants. “Okay, this is going to take some getting used to…” I stuff the tail down one of my pant legs and turn to Twilight. “As for the magic thing, I think I should be able to use some of the concealment spells Starlet’s taught me to conceal the extra parts with magic.” I reach up to feel my ear and it flickers at the touch.

“Okay, well, princesses? can you focus on doing the exact same thing that Twilight and the others did? We need them for the last spell,” Starlet speaks up. Twilight and the others give Celestia and Luna the elements. There is another flash of light and then we see more humans that have pony features. I face palm as I see the wings, how are they supposed to conceal those?

“Wings?! Thats so cool!” Zackery shouts, being Rainbows counterpart would make flying seem that much cooler.

“This is going to be a predicament…” I muse as I look at the two people who used to be Fluttershy and Rainbow dashs’ counterparts. As I look on I see Fluttershys’ wings fold against her back, they’re almost unnoticeable aside from the hole they slipped into. “Maybe not… just try not to make a scene,” I say. Zackery and Clemente both nod, I turn back to see Twilight and the others getting their elements back from the princesses. “Those elements sure are powerful, to do things like this repeatedly. We should hurry and do this last spell though,” Twilight nods and we all look at eachother in silence.

“I’m gonna miss you guys!” Pinkie Screams as she pulls all of us Humans into a hug, “and girls,” Pinkie winks at me and Alice, I roll my eyes.

“We’ll miss you too Pinkie,” I attempt to hug her back harder, but Pinkie just increases her force. I relent and she motions for all the other ponies to join in, They all comply. Even Sunset wills herself over and joins in.

“We’ll always be there for eachother in our hearts,” I say as the hug breaks up.

“Of course, Friendship can’t be deterred by distance,” Twilight says.

“Not even the longest of distances,” Clarence finishes his former counterparts thought. They exchange smiles and we all group together once again.

“Twilight? would you mind sending us all home?” I ask, Twilight smiles.

“Sure thing, just think of your house,” She says, I Picture my house.

“Hey guys, be sure to stay in touch,” Zackery says.

“Sure thing, I’d love to hang out with you guys some time,” I answer, there are various other affirmations.

“Goodbye, we’ll all miss you,” Fluttershy says. Twilight and the others all float up as the magic of harmony starts working again. I close my eyes and picture my house’s exterior. As I feel the magic flow over me a giant smile plasters itself on my face.

~~~~~~~

“Ahh, home sweet home…” I walk towards my door, I had spent the last hour or so changing back to how I used to look, wouldn’t it be a surprise for your son to come home not as your son? I had to pull a reference of myself from a picture on my tablet, it’s pretty sad that I forgot what I used to look like. I’m still wondering if I should tell them anything about my not being the same. I’m sure they might understand it after all this pony business, but I’m not so sure that they’ll expect it. I open the door and I find it looks exactly the same as I left it.

“Hey mom, I’m home,” I say as I see my mom sitting on the recliner.

“Skylar, I’m so glad that you’re back!” she gets up to give me a big hug and I hug her back.

“Yeah, New York was crazy,” I comment, she pulls me back and gives me a look.

“You mean Washington?” I look at her quizzically, but I just nod. why would she think I was in Washington.

“Yeah, I don’t know what I was thinking…” I think on what she’s said.

“How’d you get here?” She asks

“Twilight sent us here,” I say on instinct, but I stop myself before I say too much. she has this face of concern.

“Who’s Twilight?” she gives me a hard stare and I look back in disbelief.

“She was the… taxi driver. Yeah,” Does she not remember the whole pony incident.

“That's good. I was so worried you’d miss the first day of school when they said your flight was delayed, be sure to thank your father for the taxi money,” I look over to the computer earnestly, why doesn’t she remember the pony incident? does nobody remember it?

“Where are your bags?” she asks, looking around.

“They’re already in the room,” I reply. “I have something I need to do, would you excuse me?” I move away and over towards the computer.

“Be sure to be ready for school, the new semester starts tomorrow,” I hadn’t even thought about what day it was, is it really already the sixth of January? According to discords new calendar, only about three weeks or so passed, but here she is saying that more than that passed. I need more answers.

~~~~~~~

I open my eyes to see an expanse of darkness, with only the grass at my feet to be seen. If I look closely, though, I can see dim lights off in the distance. They look almost like stars in this expanse of darkness, But I recognize this place enough to know better. This is Void space, or, at least, a really realistic replica. I’m shaken out of my thoughts by a voice behind me.

“There you are, It takes you long enough to fall asleep,” Starlet is standing behind me.

“Starlet? Are you real? You said I am asleep. Does that mean that you’re just a dream image?” I don’t really expect an answer, I wasn’t even really asking questions.

“I am real, we have a mental link still. All of you humans have one to your former counterparts, and everyone else is already here. It appears that we can all stay in touch through our dreams, though I’m afraid that there isn’t much to do here. Come on, everyponies waiting.” I follow Starlet to an out of place room, it’s actually more of just a door. The door leads into a room, but the room isn’t visible on the outside. There doesn’t appear to be any walls in the room, but the inside of the room looks like a beautiful forest. Starlet leads me down a forest path and into a clearing, in the clearing I can see all my friends from earlier yesterday. If I had known I’d be seeing them, I would have fallen asleep sooner.

I had been spending all night up until midnight researching information about the pony predicament, but I found no information on it whatsoever. It’s like it hadn’t happened at all, which is fine. It means that everything is back to normal, nobody asking about the pony phenomena. And if that means that nobody would believe me if I told them this story, that’s okay. As long as I get to stick with my new friends, I don’t care if I have to hide a secret my whole life. I’m a good liar, my entire personality is centered around what facade I put up next. It’s who I am, and I’m fine with that.

Author's Note:

The Epilogue I promised, I'm sorry I couldn't do the rest of the story. I wish I had the time and drive to do it, but I don't. I might put up more that I've already written, just not typed, later like I said. I don't know how much later, just don't expect it anytime soon.

Comments ( 17 )

What just happened?:fluttershysad: Why?:fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:

I would like to have my OC in this story and contiue with this but, what happened? suddenly she meets the first pony and its over? just that!?:fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:

4163409
what you have to understand is that this is the epilogue. This comes after the story, and the story was cancelled. There would be much more to the story, much, much more. But I overestimated what I could do and I cant finish it. There would have been he rest of the journey, and various things to overcome, but I cancelled it all and skipped to the epilogue. Because the epilogue is important for other stories, but nothing else is too important for other stories. Im sorry, but I just couldnt handle what I was taking on.:fluttershyouch:

4163511 I understand. I just freak out when stories are canelled, i have a thing about uncomplition. Sorry thouhg i kind of overreacted...:twilightsheepish:

4163511 I REALLY over reacted. I think it may have been i woke up sleepy and sick.:pinkiesick:

4164116
I understand, I overreact quite a bit myself. But what else would you expect from a person like me, I have plenty of problems.:pinkiesad2:

4164197 Cool. Also, will you work on more stories?

4164203
I have about 29 planned stories, and some will be out soon. Im working on a specific one right now, and I have others started!:pinkiehappy:

4164231 Cool, also could you include my OC if there are any stories similar to this one that could have imputs like that? Most of the stuff about him is in my stories.

4164244
None really have premises like this one, but I can make appearances. Ive been meaning to read your stories for a while now. Ill be sure to tell you when I write him in any [f them.

4164289 I am actually actively working on the next chapter, i also aplogize for the mess that is the first three chapters. Luckily it gets better as it goes.

4659911 oh, about the gender thing? Well he was a guy, but the body of the pony and mind accompanying it is that of a mare, and in the end it turns out that shes a girl, because of some things. Sometime in the middle that I didnt get to, discord split the personalities, after they had merged. Leaving two different beings, but they were both essentially the same. They only actdd different. Thus why skylar took on so many of starlets traits.

The only thing I'm confused about now is why this all happened in New York, when the show is produced in Vancouver, Canada.

4662735
Because discord wanted a crowd, and he was drawn to the city because of its size and proximity to other large cities. That, and a little somehing not really mentioned but a major part in this, fate.

6113146
It not being one of my more respectable stories is more than enough for it not to be respectable. And it's technically not in the pony earth verse, just one like it.
6113134
Yeah, I'll be honest, when I wrote this I didn't even think of that.

And those were the only two that needed direct responses. As for the humor, I'd be lying if I didn't like some of the stuff I put in. But at the same time there's a bunch of mindless joking.

Login or register to comment