• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 621 Views, 47 Comments

Suddenly Starlet - DerpyStarlet



Where do I start, oh right. I've become a pony. And not just any pony, but my OC at that. I'm not even in Equestria or anything, I'm just here at my house. Now I'm wondering, What do I do?

  • ...
16
 47
 621

Teach Me Your Secrets

We spent most of the next hour in silence as we drove on, we didn't make any stops at all, and I was getting bored of my book. Any book can do that to you in an hour, unless if it's a really good book. Or I guess if your twilight sparkle, but maybe even twilight gets bored of some books? Maybe she has something about her that makes her never tire of any book, no matter the content, that would be pretty cool. Well as good as my book was it was getting boring, and I cannot fully retain knowledge when I'm not completely interested in the topic. And I'm not twilight sparkle either, so I decide to give the book a rest.

I turn to my traveling companion to see him lamely staring at the road, he was paying attention and it was killing him. “You’re not used to long drives, are you?” I asked, he shook his head.

“No I am, I always found them quite boring to be honest. This one is no exception, but it's a good cause to go on a long trip. So I'll be fine, I just need something to entertain me without taking my eyes off the road.” he looked over and saw that I had put away my book. “Guess even a book as interesting as that gets boring?” I could hear the sarcasm in his voice, he just laughed.

“Yeah,” I sighed, and then I looked up to him. Maybe we should get better acquainted, “so Ron, tell me about yourself,” I sat back and waited for him to answer.

“Well aren't you the forward one, why are you waiting till just now to ask? Did you not care before? Not exactly a great idea to go on a trip across the country with someone you barely know!” he laughed, I just thought this over.

“Well I waited till now, because I wasn't bored before. I figure we should leave the interesting stuff for when were bored as hell. And to be frank, I didn't want to intrude too much on your privacy, but I feel we trust each other enough to share; don't you think?” I saw him give me a wary look.

“Yeah, I guess I can trust you...” he laughed as soon as he let up with his act. I laughed with him for a while, as we both came to a top he turned back to me. “So, ladies first,” he looked at me smugly for a second before turning back to the road. I grimaced and thought for a while before finding what I wanted to retaliate with.

“nuh-uh, I asked first,” I never said my retaliation would be good, but he accepted it.

“OK then, what do you want to know?” he glanced over to me, I thought for a while. I didn't actually know what I wanted to know, that seemed to always be my problem.

“I don't know, what do you want to tell me?” I decided I'd just let him tell me what he thought I might need to or want to know.

“Hmm... OK, well I'm a 20 year old computer repair guy living alone. I haven't gone to college and decided to start up my own business on fixing computers. It's not doing great, but it's enough to get by.” he paused and waited to see if I had any comments or questions, and I did.

“Computer repair, must be pretty handy. I know what it takes to start your own business, must've been rough.” I commented.

He looked at me incredulously, “you know what it takes to start your own business? What, do you run your own business already?” he looked over to see me grinning.

“Oh, nothing like that I don't think I could handle starting my own business. I can hardly handle turning in all the assignments in that class as it is!” I laughed at my bad work ethic.

“Class? You’re taking a class on starting your own business? Do you plan on starting one? Did you ever plan on starting one?” he was more than a little confused at my outburst so I slowed down and explained it to him.

“I am taking a class; it is called starting your own business. I never have or will have any intention on starting my own business; I took the class because mom made me change my classes to include Driver's Ed. That took off art which was a whole credit, and replaced it with Driver's Ed which is a half credit. I needed another half credit to fill the gap in my schedule, the only other stuff there was music stuff. I can't play an instrument, well I couldn't do it before, but I guess now I can. And I couldn't sing, I'm not sure if I can now, but that isn't the point. Point is that I didn't want to take anything else so I decided to take starting your own business.” when I explain things I don't like to give vague ideas and let people assume things, it never ends how I want it. So I try to explain all of my reasons in depth and very clearly.

He thought this over and nodded his head, “so you’re very sensitive?” I just looked at him in confusion. He wasn't necessarily wrong, but I was more interested on what made him think that. “You explained more than you needed to, and I'm pretty sure there were other classes, but you exaggerated the fact that you weren't good at the things involving music.” I continued to stare as I processed what he had said. He had analyzed my words; this guy was smarter than he was letting on. “Working with computers gives you attention to detail,” he added quickly before I could ask how he came to his conclusion.

“Well, yeah. I am pretty sensitive, but I'm really not that good at those things. And i don't like people misinterpreting my words so I try to give a full explanation.” I explained, he just nodded his head.

“So then, how about you sing me a song then?” he grinned widely at me.

I sat shocked for a few minutes, “but, didn't I just tell you I'm no good at singing?” I attempted to back out of it sheepishly.

“Yeah, but I don't believe you. So let's hear this singing,” he sat there; I tried to think of a way out of it.

“I-I-I um... well I don't want to sing over the radio–” he turned the volume down to zero and looked at me, “I-I, my throat is pretty dry s–” he handed me a bottle of water and looked at me expectantly. “Is there any way I can get out of this?” he shook his head. I sighed in defeat; my mind went blank as I thought on what I should sing. I sat there for several minutes, I couldn't think of a single thing.

He must've thought I was stalling because he cleared his throat and looked at me, I looked back blankly. “Can I, can I do it later when I'm more comfortable with it?” he looked really disappointed and let out a groan.

“Fine...” he stopped nagging me on it and I sighed in relief, “but it will happen, and you will sing. I will get it out of you before this whole ordeal is over!” he turned back to the road and I let out another sigh. This time it was a sigh of exasperation, looks like there was no getting out of it. “So, let's hear about you,” I looked at him in confusion and remembered our original conversation. `Right, it's my turn` “well, I'm a high school student with a sort of split personality, which I'm surprised hasn't come out by now...” he looked a little surprised at this.

“You? Split personality? Seriously? How many?” he was obviously surprised.

“I dunno, I don't even know if it's legitimate split personality. I just know I act different ways online and offline. Offline I tend to be more ignorant, arrogant, and overall less sociable; online I tend to be kind, friendly, timid, helpful, and really happy! Like I'm being now...” I was a little put off by this. It wasn't bad that the less friendly me hadn't come out, but if he wasn't here I was worried where he was. Sure he wasn't sociable and even I disliked him, but he was me. He was a part of who I am, and I was only afraid because I don't know what will happen without him.

“Well I haven't seen you acting un-sociable or un-friendly, so I don't know about this other you. But I like this you, this you is nice.” I smiled and nodded.

“Yeah, I'm not sure where he's at, but he doesn't seem to be here. To be honest, I do feel like a weight has been lifted. Maybe his leaving was for the best, but maybe he isn't gone. I guess we'll see,” I turned to the window and looked at the reflection I could barely see in the glass.

“Well, anything else I should know that I don't already?” he was looking straight ahead at the road; he didn't bother to see if I heard this time.

“Well... I did draw, and I wrote, I was actually working on a story... but I didn't get to finish it yet. I had the ending all planned out. It was going to end in a cliffhanger; it was going to lead into a sequel. I just hadn't figured out what the sequel was going to–” I paused, `A sequel. A sequel. I was planning for a sequel. Could this? No, that's ridiculous. Well I can read some minds, that's not very logical either. I shouldn't discount my theory just yet though...` I snapped back to reality as I noticed that Ron was giving me a strange look. I tried to play it off with a smile, but he saw through my guise.

“What were you thinking about?” he cuts straight to the point doesn't he?

“Oh, well I hadn't finished m story, and I was thinking about how this is going to affect my view. They are probably going to think I was being lazy and not working on it.” I acted smooth, he nodded and turned back to the road.

“So what's this story of yours called?” I thought for a second, a little self-advertisement wouldn't hurt.

“Possibilities of a dreary day,” I answered, “It's a My Little Pony fan-fiction,” I added a little sheepishly.

He didn't seem all that concerned about it, “is that so...” he paused, “what's it about?” he was actually interested in my story.

“Oh it's nothing really, it's a story of my OC” I paused to gesture to myself, “and how she helps each of the mane six individually,” I tried not to explain too much about her powers.

“Is it posted anywhere?” he finally asked.

I nodded, “yeah, on FimFiction, but it's still far from finished. And it's no-where near great, some people really like it though. I can't say it's great, but it could use some work, maybe an editor or proof-reader. But I'm not too concerned about it since it's only my first. This little incident has put me behind schedule though...” he seemed content with my answer.

“I'll have to check it out sometime,” we sat silently for a while. It was getting to be around noon and we were at the edges of phoenix, “almost there, shouldn't be long till we get to the park.” I nodded. We were close to our meeting point; we could get some lunch beforehand at a spot with Wi-Fi. This detour would probably give me a chance to contact our friend and meet them at the park; I just hope that phoenix doesn't prove a problem.

Author's Note:

even a car-ride has it's share of awkward moments!