• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 620 Views, 47 Comments

Suddenly Starlet - DerpyStarlet



Where do I start, oh right. I've become a pony. And not just any pony, but my OC at that. I'm not even in Equestria or anything, I'm just here at my house. Now I'm wondering, What do I do?

  • ...
16
 47
 620

Hurricane Dial

Of course I can only push my luck so long until it catches up with me, I turned my head and saw that standing in the archway was a very confused step-parent. It was our step-dad, his name is Guy. No joke, I'm not even just saying that, but his name is literally Guy. Crazy, right? Yeah, this probably won't end well. Of course, the world can always surprise me. That's one thing about the world, it tends to have an organized chaos.

“hey Guy, how's it going...” I trailed off at the sheer awkwardness of this whole thing. I just watched as he tried to process something.

“get away from that thing,” he motioned for all the kids to come over to him, of course they complied. They were all just wondering how this would play out.

“ouch, that hurt, hit me right in the heart you know. Come on Guy be reasonable, I mean we're all family here.” I feigned getting hit in the heart and chuckled at my antics. I probably shouldn't joke at this point, but I couldn't help myself. It's how I handle pressure sometimes, especially really awkward situations.

“Family? Who are you? How do you know my name? Why are you in my house? Why are you here? You're not welcome, here.” he said it with force in his voice, he walked back into his room and I thought he had left me alone and just ignored me. Of course I had no such luck as he returned with the sword he keeps hanging on the wall of his bedroom.

“whoa now, there's no need for that. Let's just sit down and have some nice saltines and tomatoes and watch the game,” I giggled at my reference and continued, “Come on Guy, don't ya know it's me! Skylar! Well, more or less, but I'm still me!”

he faltered at this, he lowered the sword so it wasn't so menacing. “why should I believe you? How do I know your not lying?” he kept the sword at ready, but it wasn't a danger.

“well you know, you could just trust me. Or I could tell you about something, but you'll probably tell me it happened a different way. Or I could remind you that the sun is eight light minutes from the earth,” I deadpanned the last part.

Let me explain this before it sounds like I put out some random fact and he just automatically believed me. Thing is, when I learned that the sun was eight light minutes from earth they asked what I learned in school that day. Of course I told them that and they didn't believe me, they honestly believed that the sun was light-years away and it could have blown up years ago and we wouldn't know about it. Eventually Guy looked it up and found I was right and admitted his mistake, I remember that day fondly.

Now as I previously said, he believed me now, he obviously remembered that conversation too and he put the sword down. He took a step over to me, and then he made a circle around me. He inspected me up and down and finally came to a conclusion. “you're a horse.”

“pony,” I corrected, he stood directly in front of me. When I was human he was taller than me, but now he was towering over me. I'll have to admit that it was at least a little intimidating. “i kind of just woke up like this.” you know, this gets really annoying after a while. I've said the same thing about five or six times now, and it's getting ridiculous. Fortunately he didn't seem to have any more questions and he just put his sword back and stayed in his room for the time being.

“so, what did'ja get?” Corbin spoke up.

I glared at him, “nun'ya” I turned my back to him. I was still pretty pissed at his earlier comment.

“well sorry you can't take a joke,” he emphasized his sorry as much as I wanted to punch him. I took a deep breath and ignored him, I pulled open the bag still hanging around my neck. I rummaged through the contents and pulled out one of the gummy worm bags, I threw it to him with my magic.

“you're lucky we're family” I muttered, my voice didn't sound as icy as I hoped. He was about to say something before I glared at him, that made him think twice about what he was about to say.

“thanks,” he opened the bag and popped one in his mouth, he walked off into the kitchen still chewing on the gummy.

I opened my own bag of gummy worms and tossed each of the other kids three or four gummy worms, “go nuts,” I said as I walked back over to my bedroom. I shut the door behind me, I didn't need to turn on the light because my brother left it on. I silently cursed him about his laziness and decided I was in no mood to call him out on it. I pulled out my tablet, this was going to be tough but not impossible.

I held down the power button and waited for it to start up, after it flicked on I put in my lock code. The tough part about it was how to position my hooves, I was wishing more and more that I had spent the money on a stylus. I decided to float a pencil over, it worked surprisingly well. I opened up Facebook and logged into my new account, I could be Skylar when this whole thing blew over. There were a bunch of messages from some excited people, apparently the news story had gotten out. I looked through each one in turn, there was one hat message for every two good messages. Well, good being a subjective term.

Some of the messages were reasonable, `Wow, your a pony? That is so cool! What's it like?` is what some of the reasonable ones were. There were some less than reasonable ones, `I love you, will you have half pony half human baby's with me?` were some of the more tame unreasonable ones. I won't even go into the completely unreasonable ones. `YOU PONY ARE ALL SCUM, YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE US OVER. WE WILL STOP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!` read some of the hate mail, seriously those guys were crazy. There was not one message from another pony though, I finally got off of Facebook and decided to find some fan-fictions that might have some answers on what to do next. I looked through and I found nothing of use. I spent until 2:00 just looking through until I finally decided I was getting nowhere. The ones I could find all said the same thing, meet up with other ponies.

Yeah, whoop-Dee-frickin-do. I looked over to my clock, I had wasted most of the day thinking and still I wasn't any closer to finding anything out. I groaned in annoyance, I can't believe that I couldn't get anything out of this. Not one other person had contacted me as a pony. I can't believe that out of the whole world I was the only one this happened to. Well, time to check Facebook again. I have to assure myself that I'm all alone in the world. After some time on Facebook, I got the exact same results as all the other times.

I finally just went to watching YouTube videos, sure enough at the top of my feed was a news cast. I saw that there was a picture of me for the video, `this must be that footage of me` I thought to myself. I clicked on the video and it loaded up, I might as well see how the country reacts to me. The video finished loading and on the screen was some news station; I would tell you which one, but I never watched news so I didn't know. Straight from the start they were talking about me, or more about `what happened in an Arizona gas station`.

“well, this is a new one. In an Arizona gas station a talking pony attempts to buy some goods. Well this is some real news, a talking pony. Wait, this is serious? There is footage? Oh, well then pull it up, by all means.” the news cast looked shocked at the revelation but managed to keep that look that people in the reporting business have, that face that no matter what they keep their calm resolve.

The video of my speech popped up, after the end when I teleported away it switched over to a reporter. “yes we are all in shock at what just happened, there was in fact a talking pony at the gas station. As I'm sure you noticed she claimed to have been human once, most peculiar in deed. She did not seem a threat and even has a Facebook account she is encouraging `others in her situation` to contact her. The local police is looking into this and I have been informed even the CIA is looking into it as well. If you have any knowledge we urge you to call the local authorities and tell them what you know.”

`... oh s***` I looked at the number at the bottom of the screen. Great, just great. Now I have the CIA on my tail, I am so glad that I didn't use my debit card back there. I got up from my bed and paced around the room, well as long as they don't have my information then I should be fine. I calmed down after a few deep breaths, it was going to be OK. Besides what would happen if the CIA got me? Just ask a few questions I'm sure, it's not like they were going to dissect me or anything... right?

I was freaking out again, I started to pace faster. I stayed like that for a while before finally calming down. If they had any information they could use they would have found me already right? Yeah, why would they wait three or so hours to find me–. I didn't get to finish thinking that though as I heard a doorbell. I walked into the hall as my brother got it, I stayed at a distance as Corbin opened the door.

“can I help you?” Corbin asked.

“Yes I need to see Skylar” my heart sank as I heard my name. This was it, I had been caught.

Author's Note:

cliffhanger! ooh, i wonder if i will be okay!