• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 1,795 Views, 46 Comments

Fluttershy's Garden - SilentWanderer



I do not know what I was doing at the Everfree Forest that day. My friends do not see me anymore. My friends do not hear me anymore. I am alone.

  • ...
0
 46
 1,795

Family

“Where should I put this cloud, Rainbow Dash?”

“Move it over there. I want to free up space for those other two.”

I sit together with Spring Egg on the park, watching Rainbow Dash work.

“Hey sugarcube, want an apple?”

Applejack is pulling a cart filled with apples. She tosses one to Spring Egg, who catches it.

“Do you want an apple too, Rainbow Dash?” Applejack tosses the apple upwards, and Rainbow Dash dives towards it, taking it with her mouth.

Spring Egg and I clap together at Rainbow Dash's performance.

Twilight Sparkle arrives carrying a small saddlebag, which she gives to Spring Egg. “Celestia already sent you the money for the next month.”

“Thanks! How are things going?”

“Better. Luna has been helping me with the nightmares.”

“It wasn't your fault, and you know it.”

“Yes, but even then I still feel guilty.”

“Hey girls!” Pinkie Pie arrives, wearing a ridiculous imitation of pegasus wings. “I decided to do a party today, and you all have to come!”

“A party?” asks Spring Egg.

“Yes! I call it the ‘last chapter party’! To celebrate Script Letter finishing the last chapter of the first novel he wrote here at Ponyville!”

Spring Egg blushes. “Of course I will go!”

-*-*-*-

The party was fun as usual.

It is late at night when us three return to our home.

All the way back, Spring Egg and Script Letter exchange glances. I'm happy for them.

We arrive, and Angel is waiting for them at the door. Spring Egg makes a special salad for him, which he devours.

Spring Egg gets close to Script Letter, and puts her wing over his back. They walk slowly to their bedroom. I smile, and leave the house, to give them some time alone.

I sit by the stream in front of our house, watching the moon and the stars.

As the morning sun rises, I go to their bedroom. I stroke Spring Egg's mane, while she calmy sleeps next to her love. For some reason, I feel a bond to her.

-*-*-*-

Several days pass.

Today, Spring Egg is going to the spa together with Rarity. They meet in front of the Carousel Boutique.

As they walk to the spa, Rarity asks her:

“Have you been putting on weight?”

Spring Egg giggles. “I'm having a bit of a sweet tooth these last few days.”

“Pinkie Pie does that to ponies, doesn't she? I lost count of how many times I had to go on a diet after one of her parties.”

“Yes, since her last party I have been sneaking to Sugarcube Corner every day to buy some unhealthy food.”

They laugh as we arrive at the spa.

-*-*-*-

I still like to watch the daily lives of the ponies around me.

Sometimes, I follow Spring Egg as she goes around the town, as she does her daily tasks, helps others with their animals, hangs out with our friends, or just goes on a stroll alone.

Other times, I go alone, wandering all over the town. I see many different ponies, doing many different things.

This time, I'm watching the clouds. They are so pretty. They have so many different shapes.

I see one cloud which looks like a unicorn. That other one looks like a milkshake with a straw. And that one looks like a fish. A fish on a cloud, that sounds funny, don't fish swim only on the rivers and lakes?

That one looks like a book. That one is an apple. That one is a doughnut.

That one does not look like anything. It looks like a cloud. It should be nice to sleep on a cloud.

I see a pretty pegasus, with a rainbow-colored mane, pushing the clouds around. I would love to play with her when I grow up.

-*-*-*-

The young ponies are playing with hoops. They put the hoops around their bodies, and make them spin. I want to play too.

One of the ponies gets ice cream. The ice cream looks tasty. The pony licks the ice cream. I want to eat ice cream too.

-*-*-*-

I watch the fillies toss the ball. I run after the ball. I cannot catch the ball. The filly gets the ball. The filly tosses the ball to the other filly. I run after the ball.

The teacher calls us to the class. The fillies drop the ball. The fillies follow the teacher. I follow the teacher.

-*-*-*-

She is with the white unicorn and the pink pony. The orange pony gives them an apple. They eat the apple.

-*-*-*-

-*-*-*-

“You two must be so proud!”

“She's so pretty!”

“She is going be my new flying buddy!”

“It's Fluttershy! She's back!”

“Don't be silly, Pinkie! That does not happen!”

“She's my filly! Our filly!”



Mama!

Author's Note:

This story is dedicated to my late father.

Comments ( 23 )

Thank you for reading.

This was such a sad story :fluttercry:
I didn't get the ending though

3472755

Perhaps I should have kept the original title for the last chapter. I changed it because I thought it would be too much of a spoiler. The last chapter's title was Rebirth.

The ending brought a smile to my face and I almost teared up.

DAMN YOU AND YOUR GREAT STORY!!!

I loved this story... it was just the right amount of sad with a happy enough ending that made my heart shine.

huh...
im still confused on the ending....

That was a surprisingly sweet story. Here's a little reward for such a heartwarming tale.

24.media.tumblr.com/a257ad5165644b1f79354634dfdee284/tumblr_mqo61uYbwk1rj6vd5o1_400.png

Wear it with pride;
-Lumino

Your style is one of those things that shouldn't possibly work, but it does anyway, completely disproving everything I thought I knew about writing.

This story is a sublime piece of literature.

Fluttershy's realization about her "replacement" toward the end was a bit abrupt. It was too convenient, and thus took me out of the story somewhat (it didn't live up to the immersion the story had up to that point), but other than that, it was an amazing experience.

Well done! :raritywink:

I like the story. Very interesting. Just a little confusing

just beautiful. well played fluttershy, well played

3783013 Fluttershy was reincarnated as Spring Egg and Script Letter's daughter.

Of course reading through this, I fell in love with the story, and of course when I check the author it's none other than SilentWanderer. Another great story, I hope to find more like it.

This had an odd atmosphere, I think because of the rather staccato narration style, but it did move me as a character study from an unusual perspective. Not personally a big fan of the very last scene, but I can understand why it's there and it doesn't stop me giving this one a like. :twilightsmile:

Bootiful.
also i dont get the ending.
Did script writer and spring egg had a foal or sumthin'?

6781005

Bootiful.

also i dont get the ending.

Did script writer and spring egg had a foal or sumthin'?

Take note that the whole story is told in first-person perspective.

Yes, they had a foal. And said foal is Fluttershy reborn. The last chapter was originally titled Rebirth.

If you want a longer explanation, I have a Making Of for this story; part six explains the ending.

As the morning sun rises, I go to their bedroom. I stroke Spring Egg's mane, while she calmly sleeps next to her love. For some reason, I feel a bond with her.

Wait, she could interact with the real world this whole time???

“It's Fluttershy! She's back!”

Pinkie always knows.

It took me sometime to understand that Fluttershy was reborn. 🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲
Absolute 100/10 story

Login or register to comment