• Published 20th Oct 2013
  • 6,010 Views, 102 Comments

T-T-T-Tia! - Dash The Stampede



Discord's latest prank on Celestia brings the Princess to see that the grass is definitely greener on her side. And her back. And her belly. Celestia is not amused. Luna is.

  • ...
3
 102
 6,010

The Grass Is Most Assuredly Greener

Princess Celestia, Regent of the Sun, awoke this morning as she had to any other: numb from sleep and full of warm fuzzies and relaxation from the rejuvenating rest. She slowly opened her eyes and took in the darkened, pre-dawn bedchamber, with its flickering lamps flashing their firelight over her lush green coat. She sat up and began to yawn. Mid-yawn, Celestia paused.

'Wait...green coat?' she thought, looking down at herself. Sure enough, her once white coat was replaced by what appeared to be...no, it couldn't be, could it?

"Why in Tartarus am I covered in grass?" Celestia asked aloud, disbelief showing on her face.

Her entire midsection from her neck to the tops of her legs was coated in what looked like a patch of grass cut straight from the fields outside Canterlot, the blades no longer than two inches, and uniform around. As Celestia walked, the grass covering moved and shifted as though attached to her. She reached down and grabbed at the blades, attempting to pull them out. She was rewarded with a sharp tugging not unlike yanking somepony's mane.

"Ow! What in the hay? It's almost like it's growing out of me!" Celestia smirked. There's no way that'd be possible...unless..."LUNAAA!"

The door to her bedroom opened violently as Princess Luna ran through. "What danger have you encountered, sister? Is it..." Luna began, but trailed off as she saw the state Celestia was in. She put a hoof to her mouth and smiled like a schoolfilly. "We daresay the grass is most assuredly greener in your case, Tia." She broke down into raucous laughter.

"Luna! Is this another of your pranks?" Celestia fixed Luna with a stern glance. She was all too familiar with her sister's brand of humor. Luna didn't budge, instead she continued chuckling.

"May we have a taste, dear sister?" Grinning widely, Luna jumped onto Celestia's back. The latter tried desperately to fling the former off, but not before Luna snagged a mouthful of the grass on Celestia's side. She munched for a second, then her eyes lit up. "By the stars, this is the most delectable and tasty grass we've yet had! Give us more, Tia!" With that, she began another assault.

Celestia was ready. In a quick display of speed and prowess, Celestia sidestepped her sister and pinned her to the wall with magical restraints. "Now, Lulu, remember who can beat who in wrestle matches." Celestia sighed. From the way she was behaving, this was not Luna's doing. Celestia dropped the restraints, allowing Luna free movement.

"Would you care to explain, dear sister, how this came about?" Luna looked up to Celestia, concern showing for a brief moment before sliding back to hilarity.

"I haven't the slightest clue, Luna, I awoke, and I was covered in this odd grassy coat." Celestia scratched her side with a hoof. The grass made her itchy and uncomfortable, but her constant batting of Luna's hoof away from her side made it easier to ignore. "I can't think of how this came to be! No botched spells, Twilight didn't alter reality again, as far as we know, and Discord is..." She stopped.

One thing stood out to her. Discord. The one possible suspect; but how could it be? He was supposed to be helping Fluttershy with her Winter Wrap Up plans this week, he shouldn't be in the castle. And yet, here she was, with a fresh grass coat and no perpetrator in sight.

"DISCORD!" Celestia hollered throughout Equestria, a worldwide summons for the troublemaker supreme. She seethed inside. He hadn't pranked her or Luna in weeks, not after the last one left him trapped in the paintings in the castle halls, permitted access to only rooms with a portrait. However, the walls were silent and the flow of harmony uninterrupted.

A loud pop, followed by Discord's full weight being dropped onto Celestia's back, alerted the Princesses of his presence. He sat up and dug a hoof into Celestia's side.

"TALLY HO, SUNBUTT!" Discord shouted, now waving around a rubber chicken like a sword.

Celestia reared back and galloped off, tearing through the hallways and narrowly avoiding trampling the staff and visitors. She bucked and tried to teleport, but to no avail. Discord held on by a solitary blade of grass, as if taunting her, and chuckled loudly.

"Oh, you do make life that much more interesting, Celestia, so predictable, and yet, so wild," Discord spoke in Celestia's ear. "Enjoying the midnight snack, Princess?" He grabbed some of the grass and munched on it. "Oh, this IS good! Have some more, Luna!" He tore off some grass and handed it to Luna.

She chomped on it and turned her gaze to the torn area. It seemed to regenerate back to full size mere minutes after being cut. 'What manner of trickery is this?' she thought, peering closer to Celestia's side. The delectable treat just grew forever and never stopped! She could make use of this!

"Discord, may we discuss a few things with you?" Luna asked, holding open the door.

"Why certainly, Looney Luna!" He cackled back, following her out of the room.

Celestia stared at the door where she could hear hushed voices and chuckles echoing through. She tried to eavesdrop, but Luna had soundproofed the door. She sat and wondered what manner of pranks were headed her way in the foreseeable future from them both. She also wondered how best to punish Discord. Maybe she'd expand the Royal Gardens with a new plant sculpture. All in due time.

The door burst open and Celestia found herself under critical and maniacal gazes from both Discord and Luna as they returned.

"Oh, T-T-T-TIA!" Discord belted out in a sing song voice, carrying a watering can.

"We have plans for you, big sister!" Luna laughed, holding what appeared to be salad tongs in her magic.

Wide-eyed, Celestia tried to resist, but was quickly subdued. Restrained by magic, she found herself subject to a very thorough watering at the paws of Discord, and a constant clipping by Luna. Her bedchamber had essentially become a garden, grass clippings and water everywhere, while she was unable to stop the assault.

Luna gathered up the clippings and passed them to Discord, who snapped his fingers and created salads out of the Celestia-grass. They each took a bowl and ate the salad within. Both faces lit up and both bowls were emptied in a matter of seconds. Celestia squirmed as the grass regrew shortly after. This was not looking good.


"T-T-T-Tia! Get your Tia salad and custom Tia pet with each purchase of 5!" Discord called out to the crowd gathering in front of the palace. Ponies milled about, trying to see the stage where Luna and Discord had Celestia encased in a barrier. The grass was clipping off as it passed the barrier, and falling into waiting salad bowls. On a table nearby sat a bunch of clay models of the Princess, each with its own grass coat.

"Tia Pets only need water! and you can feed your cat, or snag a midnight snack!" Luna bellowed over the crowd.

Ponies pushed and shoved each other to try to reach the front. Bits flew overhead as Luna and Discord swam in pools of money, filling by the second. Luna and Discord high-hooved each other and slid their sunglasses into place.

"T-T-T-TIA!" they both bellowed.

Celestia sighed. It was going to be a long week.

Author's Note:

So yeah. Came up with this after seeing that adorable cover art, and well, you see how that turned out.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: fixed a few things pointed out to me, no major changes

Comments ( 102 )

I lost it at Tallyho Sunbutt! XD That line made my night.

3371814
Thanks, I had to stop typing and catch my breath when I wrote it! :rainbowlaugh:

*reads title/desc. on front page* wait, what?
*reads full desc., sees cover art, and realizes title*
...
(IRL) :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh:







*catches breath* How long ago did that come out?

3371820 also, your user cover art is adorable! :rainbowkiss:

3371825
I mod a group on DeviantArt for pony art, and this passed my inbox. I saw it and knew it was perfect for a one-shot.

TIA pets are not sold in stores!
:facehoof:

3371840 I meant your USER cover art of filly Derpy

I seriously did not stop laughing this whole time reading. Holy sisters, this is fantastic.
A couple of very small grammar gripes, but otherwise soundly written and incredibly hilarious. :rainbowlaugh:

Oh my gd, SUNBUTT!!!! :rainbowlaugh:
This fic just made my day! Good show, fine sir!

3372107 I had loads of fun writing it, I'm glad you got a chuckle

3372088 In reality, I didn't even edit, I posted my first draft basically. But thanks!:rainbowlaugh:

3371892 Oh, why thank you! (I hear it makes Kaidan squee):rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowkiss:

3372596
Thanks, It was a thrill to write, and I'm honestly amazed at how well its done so far. :yay::yay::yay:

3372528
Your user image is amazing! :rainbowkiss: :derpytongue2:

Oh sweet Sunnybutt, that was awesome!:rainbowlaugh:
I think I cracked a rib from laughing too hard.

3374839
My sides! They ache too much!:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Stuck in a portrait, eh? Hmm, seems familiar.

3375284
Yeah, I dunno why my mind drifted to Hogwarts Castle instead,

But that'd be hilarious! Imagine the pictures and the princesses can interact! ...
I think I know what I'm writing next!
:facehoof:

3375086
I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for commenting! It's been featured on a website already, and I'm glad fans like you are helping it along!:rainbowkiss::ajsmug:

By the Gods this is hilarious! I can't help but feel Celestia is soon going to turn the two of them into grass ornaments when she finally becomes fed up with being used a lucrative product :rainbowlaugh:

3375523
I feel a sequel in my mind, brewing from this comment, but I don't think I can follow this one up. That was definitely on my mind as Celestia mentions planning a 'new addition' to the garden sculptures. :rainbowdetermined2:
I'm glad you liked it. :eeyup:

3375540 Nah, this doesn't need a sequel, maybe a little epilogue edited onto the end if you think of something really good; it's still perfect without it imo :pinkiehappy:

3375619
thanks! I saw your name in the las pegasus tribune feature article comments, if i'm not mistaken. is that how you found this?:pinkiehappy:

3375992 Indeed it is, I'm always on the look out for a good comedy on LPT, glad to have found one :raritywink:

3376135
Happy to provide! be sure to spread the word and share the laughs!:rainbowlaugh:

'What manner of trickery is this?'

No Tia it's What sorcery is this.

3377631
I'd like to think either one works, when writing, trickery sounded better in my head. I'll keep that in mind, though. :pinkiehappy:

Hope you enjoyed it!

Bu-bu-bu-bullshit!

Sorry had to be done.

Will read later.

(source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP_irLnVhgQ)

3378844
:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:
Why didn't I think of that?!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, PROMISE!

lush green coat. she sat up

Capitalization.

3379340
Slay me now, for I have angered the Typo Gods! :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Don't know how I missed that one. Thanks!

Hope you enjoyed it!:pinkiehappy:

Poor Celly, the sunbutt of a perfect joke.

3381119
It was very silly. A bit 'out there' as far as happenings go but, eh, it's not like T-T-T-Tia is being actively harmed or anything.

Except her pride.

3381284
Be careful, or her next words will pack a punch...line.
yeah that was bad. I like yours more :facehoof:

It's like getting a haircut.:pinkiesmile:
Repeatedly.:pinkiecrazy:
For another's profit.:rainbowdetermined2:
And amusement.:rainbowlaugh:

3381306
Yeah, I feel like there's nothing but nonsense running through my mind at the wee hours of the morning, so for me to write this at like 2 am, it got silly...very very quickly. Didn't even realize how golden the reaction to this would be!

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!:raritystarry:

3378865 Not the greatest work of written humor, but yeah, don't regret reading.

3382899
Well, for a first try at comedy? I'd say I'm very pleased with it. Thanks for coming back and checking it out!:twilightsmile:

3381306
MINALKRA! Why no update Oh to be old again?

3383928
Check me ol' blog mate.

3383953
Eh, meh, pteh. Fine.
...
Where is that?

3383961
I hope you got a chance to take a look at the story, it seems you've come for a friend instead! :twilightsmile: As long as you've accomplished what you need to, then that's good by me. :pinkiesmile:

3385651
I'm not going to go to a specific page just to annoy some guy. I read it yesterday.

3388919 Stay frosty! :rainbowdetermined:

3389904
the rainbowdetermined face didn't work lol

3389911
Damn android phones and their blatant ignorance for the existence of Dash! :flutterrage:
:rainbowdetermined2:
oh lol there's a 2 at the end >.< that's why.:facehoof:
well. good show, old bean! :twilightsheepish:

I can't tell which hurts worst, my sides or my cheeks.
Very funny.

3398440
Thanks! I've tried to figure out what i was possessed by when I wrote this, I can't write comedy! ...right..? :unsuresweetie:

...:rainbowdetermined2:Okay, maybe I can.

You have installed a headcanon for me.
After shaving all of it off, the scraps became...


FLUFFLEPUFF! (Dun dun dun!) :moustache::rainbowwild::twilightoops::twistnerd::pinkiegasp:

Login or register to comment