• Published 19th Dec 2013
  • 3,238 Views, 130 Comments

Cardfight Vanguard Equestria Saga - VanguardLuard



Cardfight Vanguard a card game that has spread through out the entire world. It's a life altering experience. Join Apple Bloom and her friends in their epic Cardfights. Image it the path to victory

  • ...
7
 130
 3,238

PreviousChapters Next
Ride 9: The Shop Tournament Begins!


It was a early saturday morning Apple Bloom went over and pulled the curtains out revealing the sunlight. “I can’t believe it’s happening the tournament is finally here.”

Applejack walked down the stairs just getting up and notice Apple Bloom sitting at the kitchen.

“Good morning” said Apple Bloom.

“Good morning” said Applejack. She was wondering why was she was up so early on a saturday. She was bring something for Apple Bloom to eat when she notice what was on the table. ‘Is she practicing’ she thought.

Apple Bloom notice Applejack was there with some food. “Oh, I’m sorry let me clear the table.” said Apple Bloom pick up her cards.

‘Of course the vanguard tournament’s today that’s why she is so excited.’ Thought Applejack giving Apple Bloom the tray of food.

‘The biggest challenge I have ever faced is right though this doors.’ thought Apple Bloom

“Hey there Apple Bloom.” said Scootaloo

“Hi Scootaloo.” said Apple Bloom

“You're here to fight in the tournament, right. So what are you waiting for? The action is inside the shop.”

“Yeah, I was just giving myself a minute to catch my breath first.”

“Come on you will do just fine.” said Scootaloo pushing Apple Bloom into the store. When they got inside say a lot of ponies even on dressed like a ninja. But they could tell it was a mare and coat color is purple they could tell she was wearing a helmet instead of a mask.

“This will be your biggest match yet Scootaloo.” said Snips

“Yeah” said Snails.

‘Everypony staring at me. It’s nothing like the Card Capital I’m use to.’ thought Apple Bloom

The door opened up behind Apple Bloom. “Hey Apple Bloom.” Apple turned around to see Applejack.

“Applejack what are you doing here?” asked Apple Bloom

“I came down to cheer you on and to watch you battle.”

“Thanks Applejack.”

“Now all those entered in the shop tournament please gather over here in front of the brackets please.” said Rarity

Apple Bloom headed over to the bracket and on her way there she tripped. Alot of the ponies in the crowd laugh. “Are you ok Apple Bloom?” asked Scootaloo Apple Bloom got up and started to laugh also.

What is up with you today Apple Bloom? You're pretty wound up even for you.” said Diamond Tiara

The shop door opened up and the saw it was Spike and Rainbow Dash. “Hey Spike” said Apple Bloom.

Spike didn’t respond.

‘Spike doesn't look nerves at all. I wish I was the same way.’ though Apple Bloom

“Now that are players are assembled and ready to go. It’s time to officially time to kick of the Card Capital tournament.” said Rarity Everypony in the crowed cheered. “This sixteen participants will compete in single elimination matches, with one player emerging as the Card Capital campaign. It should go without saying the player can’t receive an help from you watching the games. I will be acting as the referee for today. And standard rules for a vanguard battle will be in effect. Anyone who breaks the rules may be disqualified. Please keep that in mind. Are there any questions so far?”

‘Spike, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Silver Spoon, and Diamond Tiara all look so calm, and why do I feel so nervous. Maybe I shouldn't have entered.’ though Apple Bloom

“The preliminaries will be held tournament style. We splitted the player’s into four groups. With the winner of each group the finals. Now I will reveal the group pairings.” Rarity’s horn glowed removing the piece of paper that covered the names.

“I looks like I’m in C block.” said Scootaloo

“B block” said Sweetie Belle.

“Spike’s in D block and I’m in A block.” said Apple Bloom ‘I see I’m as far away from Spike as possible. So much for playing him.’

“That means we won't fight each other till later. Well this way the finales will be interesting.” said Scootaloo

“What a minute this says I have to play Sweetie Belle.” said Diamond Tiara

“Oh yeah I should checkout who I’m fighting.” said Apple Bloom

“It’s me Apple Bloom.” said Silver Spoon

“Silver Spoon.”

“Well good luck you two.” said Diamond Tiara

“Now everypony knows how they been paired up with right. Then lets get started with the Card Capital tournament.” said Rarity Then the crowed cheered again. “In the first round in the Card Capital shop tournament will have two games going on at the same time. The first fight for A block will be Silver Spoon vs Apple Bloom and are the fighters for B block are Diamond Tiara and Sweetie Belle.

‘It’s just like any other day. Well almost I played on this table I played this opponent. So why am I still nervous.’ though Apple Bloom

‘I’m lucky I got macht up with Apple Bloom.’ though Silver Spoon

“Rarity would you Silver Spoon is one of the better players?” asked Applejack

“I would say she a good player.”

“Sweetie Belle just so you know I’m not going to back against you.” said Diamond Tiara

“Rarity can you start this up already.” said Sweetie Belle

“Please call me referee today. Now players it’s time for you to place your grade zero unit face down in the vanguard cycle. If your deck is shuffled and ready please put it in the deck zone. We already decided who is going first so you can draw your stating hoof.”

“Here I go” said Apple Bloom then she dropped her cards. “I’m sorry I dropped my deck.”

“It’s ok you can reshuffle.” said Rarity

Silver Spoon snickered of what Apple Bloom had done before dropping her cards also. “Looks like butter hoofs is rubbing off on me.”

‘Why is Apple Bloom acting so nervous.’ though Applejack

“Apple Bloom just relax and just play like you normally do.” said Scootaloo

“Now lets start the first round.” said Rarity

“Stand Up Vanguard”

“Barcgal”

“Ironcald Dragon Shieldon”

Silver Spoon turn into a mechanical turtle.

“You do know you're going first right.” said Silver Spoon

“Oh right.” ‘I don’t have any grade twos in my hoof I forgot to do a redraw.’ “I’ll start my turn I guess. I ride Wingal, now I move Barcgal to the rear guard cycle. All right I attack. Oh sorry I forgot the who goes first can't attack. I end my turn there.

(RG) (Wingal) (RG)

(RG) (Barcgal) (RG)

“My turn, I ride the Winged Dragon, Skyptero.” She turned into a mechanical pterodactyl. “I attack Wingal with Skyptero, now I check for a drive trigger.” (no trigger)

“Checking for a damage trigger.” (no trigger)

“My turn is over”

‘This is it, if I don’t draw a grade two unit I'm finished, come on. I got one it’s Gallatin.’ “I ride the Knight of Silence, Gallatin, and I call Marron to rear guard. I attack Skyptero with Gallatin with the support of Barcgal.”

14000 to 6000

“I guard with Ganlu.”

14000 to 16000

“Checking for a drive trigger, there it is stand trigger activated. Gallatin gets 5000 attack power plus I can have one of my rear guard units stand up. Since I haven't attack with Marron yet the trigger is wasted.” He slashed throw her defence and slashed her.

“Checking for a damage trigger.” (no trigger)

“I attack Skyptero with Marron.”

8000 to 6000

“I guard with Ganlu.”

“Looks like I just draw another awesome grade 3 unit. I still can’t ride them.” said Diamond Tiara still at grade zero. Sweetie Belle signed.

‘What’s wrong with me I keep making all these little mistakes.’ though Apple Bloom

“I ride Assault Dragon, Blightops and I call another Blightops.” She turned into a mechanical triceratops. “I’m going to have my vanguard attack Gallatin.”

9000 to 10000

“But Silver Spoon that attack isn’t powerful enough.”

“I know that It’s all part of my plan. Drive trigger check, all right now Blightops gains 5000 power and because it’s a draw trigger I’ll draw an extra card.”

“No you won’t, both your units are from the Tachikaze clan Monica is from the Kagero clan a cards trigger won't activate unless you have a unit of the same clan on the field.” said Rarity

“Hard to believe someone would make a two clan deck without knowing the basics.” said Spike

“My attack won’t go though.”

“Don’t worry about it mistakes happen right.”

“How said I made a mistake maybe I’m just giving you a chance. I’ll attack with Blightops to retire your Marron.”

9000 to 8000

“I guard with Epona.” ‘She attack in the wrong order and didn’t have support for her units. Whats going on with her?’

9000 to 18000

“Well I’m done”

‘I get it this must be her’s first tournament to. She’s as nervous as I am. And if Silver Spoon is feeling nervous maybe everyone else is the same.’ “Enter the fray, kneel before your king I ride the King of Knight Alfred.”

“Looks like Apple Bloom is finally putting her game face on.” said Scootaloo

“I call Gallatin and Elaine to the rear guard then I activate Barcgal skill and supper call Flogal. With the support of Elaine, Gallatin will attack your vanguard.”

15000 to 9000

“I guard with Tahr.” Gallatin slashed Tahr’s spear in half.

15000 to 19000

“Now it’s Alfred’s turn to attack, the king of knight always attack without support but he gains 2000 power for every Royal Paladin in the rear guard. That’s a 10000 attack power bonus. Checking for drive triggers no trigger, second check no trigger.” Alfred runs up and swings his sword.

“Checking for a damage trigger.” (no trigger)

“Lastly with the support of Flogal, I’ll have Marron attack your vanguard.” Marron shot lighting at her.

“Checking for another damage trigger.” (no trigger) ‘This is so unfair a minute ago Apple Bloom was trembling and now she’s betting me’

“Hey Silver Spoon, what to know why I’m not antshes any more.”

“Why.”

“I’ve been a wreck all day. But when I say you were nervous to I fellet a lot better. There no reason to be like that when I’m playing my favorite game with a friend.”

“You know what Apple Bloom your right. What was I thinking if I’m not having fun then there really isn’t no point in playing.”

“Yeah”

“Lets go. I ride the Tyrant Deathrex.” She turned into a t rex with a metal head. “Now I call Barri, Skyptero, and Dragon Dancer Monica. I attack with Barii supported with Skyptero.”

12000 to 10000

“I guard with Marron”

12000 to 15000

“I attack Alfred with Deathrex, his skill when he is in the vanguard cycle he gains 5000 power when he attacks. Come on twin drive help me out (no trigger) and the other one (critical trigger) thats just what I want. I’ll give the power to Blightops but I’ll keep the critical effect with Deathrex.” She charged at Alfred head buting him.

“That makes two damage triggers. Thats the first (no trigger) and second (no trigger).”

“When Deathrex hit’s my opponent and he is in the vanguard cycle I have to chose one of my rear guard and retire it. But since it’s Skyptero I can counterblast for his ablate rerunning him to my hoof when he hits the drop zone. I attack Alfred with Blightops supported by Monica.”

19000 to 10000

“I guard with Llew.” she charged at her and a young colt appeared.

19000 to 20000

“Over to you Apple Bloom.”

“I move Marron to the back and move Flogal to the front. Then I call Gancelot retiring Flogal. I attack Deathrex with Gallatin with the support of Elaine.”

15000 to 10000

‘I have three damage.’ “ I guard with Skyptero and intercept with Blightops.” Gallatin slashed both dinosaurs.

15000 to 20000

“How about we go vanguard agians vanguard.”

20000 to 10000

‘I’ll have to let this attack go through and guard the next one.’

“I’m checking for drive triggers critical trigger.”

"That’s two damage from Alfred."

“Second check.”

“No why 30000 attack power and triple critical. Checking for damage triggers (all no triggers) I guess I lost.”

“Fillies and Colts I’m proud to congratulate our first winner of the day Apple Bloom.” said Rarity

“Silver Spoon I wanted to say thanks playing against a friend really helped me relax.” said Apple Bloom

“Yeah me too.”

“There’s no way I lost in the first round.” said Diamond Tiara

“And there’s are block B winner Sweetie Belle.” said Rarity everyone clapped the hoof and cheered.

‘Sweetie Belle has been cool and confident this hollow time. Some ponies just don’t seem to get nervous unlike me.’ though Apple Bloom seeing bereaved a say of relfe. ‘Wow even here. So this is a vanguard tournament. If I can win one more time that will put me into the finals. And once I’m there I’ll finally have my chance to fight Spike.’

Rarity was at the brackets marking the winner.

Author's Note:

link

PreviousChapters Next