• Published 19th Dec 2013
  • 3,238 Views, 130 Comments

Cardfight Vanguard Equestria Saga - VanguardLuard



Cardfight Vanguard a card game that has spread through out the entire world. It's a life altering experience. Join Apple Bloom and her friends in their epic Cardfights. Image it the path to victory

  • ...
7
 130
 3,238

PreviousChapters Next
Ride 24: The Indelible Memory


At the Carousel Boutique a years ago it was raining outside. Sweetie Belle was look throw a deck of vanguard cards.

“Well I’ll say this. This week was interesting. I mean we did fight a little and we stopped being sisters for a while. I also tried to be Applejack’s sister. Then they tricked me. Witch I’m glad they did. I think me and my sister are closer than ever. I happy and sad that this week is over. I’m happy because Mom and Dad said when they get home from their vacation. They would teach me how to play vanguard. I’m sad because I don’t get to spend a little more time with my sister.” said past Sweetie Belle then looked at the clock. “What tacking them so long? Rarity said she was going to pick them up at the train station and bring them here.”

The door opened and Rarity came in a little wet because she forgot her umbrella at the train station.

“Sweetie Belle! Something terrible’s happened. And are parents….” said past Rarity

When Sweetie Belle turned around she notice Rarity was alone. Her eyes started to water and she dropped the vanguard cards.

Sweetie Belle woke up from bed and got up. “It’s been years and I still dream about that day.” she said looking at a pitcher of her, Rarity and their parents. On the table by her bed.

Sweetie Belle got out of bed and looked at a chest on her desk.

“Sweetie Belle! Are you up yet? Breakfast is ready. You should come down here and eat it before it gets cold.” Rarity shouted from downstairs

‘I know Rarity is trying to do her best.’ thought Sweetie Belle “I’m comin down. But I’m only have toast.”

“What! Then what am I going to do with all of this pancakes.” said Rarity

It was later in the day and Rarity making a sign. “ Marvelous this is really going to be something special. What do you think Sweetie Belle?”

“What’s this for?”

“I’m put up a sign in front of the store. To congratulate you and your team for winning. But I just can’t decide what it should say. Congratulations Crusaders on making to Nationals, or Congratulation on making it to National, Crusaders. What do you think?”

“Either one sounds fine.” ‘Rarity always gets excited about the little things. Just like mom us to.’

“What a beautiful sign.” said Rarity finishing the sign.

Sweetie Belle remember her mom and what she said “This is the most beautiful drawing I have ever seen. Let’s hang it up in the store. Sweetie Belle.”

Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon walked up to Card Capital and notice the sign.

“Thats new.” said Silver Spoon

“Awesome.” said Scootaloo

“Nice sign.” said Apple Bloom

“Neat.” said Diamond Tiara

They entered the shop and sat down.

“This is bad.” said Scootaloo

“What’s bad?” aske Apple Bloom

“Flip Side of course.”

“Why are you so worried about him?”

“Don’t you get it. He’s just one of the ponie we’re going to have to deal with at Nationals. And who knows how good the other players will be.”

“Lets hope for your sake the others aren't at my level.” said Diamond Tiara

“I hope for Equestria’s sake they aren’t that bad.” said Silver Spoon

“I’m actually kind of nerves about Nationals.” said Apple Bloom

“Fear not we’ve got this.” said Scootaloo taking out a deck and putting it on the table.

“What is it?”

“I put together a copy of the deck. That Flip Side was using. So we can learn more about his play style.”

“Not a bad idea.” said Diamond Tiara

Sweetie Belle grabbed the deck with her magic and took a look at it. “This is wrong. You're missing a copy of Cocoa and there were two copies of Chocolat not three.”

“Come to think of it you're right.” said Scootaloo

“As fair as the he only used it that one time. I don’t think we could learn anything from it.”

“Fine then. I got another idea.” Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle stood across from each other and were shuffling their decks. “Cardfighting isn’t alway about experiences. It also has to do with your own personal play style. Basically if we improve the way we play. We can still win regardless on how new you two are.”

“That’s a good idea Scootaloo.” said Rarity

“Yeah well I have a lot of experiences at vanguard. And I was hoping to find a way to share that with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. I guess for team Crusaders I’m the brains behind the surgery”

“Operation.” said Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle

“Yeah thats it brains behind the operation. Well lets start the battle and remember this match is all about improving your play style. Ok.”

“Improving my play style.” said Apple Bloom

“Thats easier said than done.” said Sweetie Belle

They drew their cards.

‘No grade twos.’ thought Apple Bloom “I’m going to redraw.”

“Me too.” said Sweetie Belle

“Good move she only has one grade three in her hoof.” said Diamond Tiara

“Seriously.” said Silver Spoon

They redrew their cards.

‘No luck.’ thought Apple Bloom

‘Libra, Amaterasu, Milk.’ thought Sweetie Belle then remembering some more of the past. “Dad this is Weather Girl Milk, right? and this um.” said past Sweetie Belle
“Sweetie Belle, is it alright if we start the match?” asked Apple Bloom

Rarity then notice something about Sweetie Belle

“Yeah, sure.” ‘Come on hold it together.’

“Stand Up Vanguard!”

“Barcgal.”

“Lozenge Magus. Since I’m going first I’ll ride Weather Girl Milk. Then Lozenge moves to the rear guard and end my turn.”

(RG) (Milk) (RG)

(LM) (RG) (RG)

“It’s my turn.” ‘This isn’t a grade two. Without a grade two my grade threes are useless. What should I do? Oh yeah I know how to get on.’ “I ride Wingal, now I move Barcgal to the rear guard. Then I activate his skill to call from my deck for Flogal. Next, I call Elaine. I attack your vanguard with Wingal. Drive trigger check” (no trigger) Wingal ran up and slashed Milk with his dagger.

“Damage trigger check.” (no trigger)

“With Flogal’s support I’ll have Elaine attack Milk.” She shot laser and hit Milk.

“Damage check.”

“I end my turn.”

(Elaine) (Wingal) (RG)
(Flogal) (Barcgal) (RG)

“It’s my turn. I ride the Maiden of Libra. Then I call Oracle Guardian Gemini. With a boost from Gemini, Maiden of Libra will attack Elaine.” She shoot a laser from her scale and hit Elaine. “And that will end my turn.”

“Sweetie Belle’s turn is over already.” said Silver Spoon

“Whats the big deal she probably have some great cards in her hoof. Then why isn’t she not playing them, right.”

“Your voice is too loud.” wipered Silver Spoon

When she relived this. Nothing happened. “Wired.”

“She didn’t yell at you.”

‘She barely called anything to the field. And she attack my rear guard. Instead of my vanguard. So I didn’t receive any damage. Sweetie Belle what are you planing.’ thought Apple Bloom

Scootaloo and Rarity are watching the match. With Rarity keeping a close eye on Sweetie Belle.

‘Just don’t think about it. Keep your mind on the game.’ thought Sweetie Belle

“It’s my turn.” said Apple Bloom drawing her card. ‘Where are all my grade twos. It’s ok I’ll use Barcgal to bring llew from the deck. Then I’ll use Llew’s skill to bring out Blaster Blade.’ Then she notice she had no cards in the damage zone. ‘Oh no, I don’t have any damage to pay for Llew’s counterblast. Did she just. She knew what I was going to do.’

“So you did intend to use Barcgal and Llew’s skills together. Even without drawing a grade two. You can use that combo to bring out Blaster Blade from the deck. Just like you did in your match against Thunderlane.”

“Oh yeah I remember that.” said Scootaloo

“With Barcgal’s skill I search my deck for Future Knight Llew and call. Now I activate Llew’s counterblast. Stand up my avatar superior ride Blaster Blade.” said past Apple Bloom

“I have no idea what’s going on.” said Diamond Tiara

“You see even though it was early in the game.Sweetie Belle was able to predict Apple Bloom’s next move and stay one step ahead.” said Silver Spoon

“One step ahead?”

“From the first turn.” said Scootaloo

What! I she psychic.” said Diamond Tiara

“No Sweetie Belle is not psychic.” said Rarity

“She has great memory, right? That must be it. You remember the combo I used at regional’s and you only seen it in that final match.” said Apple Bloom

“Yeah she’s clever thats for sure.” said Rarity

“A good memory. I’ve got that too, right?” asked Diamond Tiara

“If you say so.” said Silver Spoon

“Oh yeah, you we’re able to memorize the cards in Flip Sides deck too.” said Scootaloo

“Thats amazing, Sweetie Belle.” said Apple Bloom

“It’s not what you think. I’m not trying to remember all these things.” said Sweetie Belle

“Then you just remember it naturally? That’s even more impressive.”
“Awesome.” said Scootaloo

“We’re in the middle of a fight.” said Sweetie Belle starting to get aggravated.

“Right, I call the Little Sage Marron. With support from Barcgal, Wingal attacks. Drive trigger check.” (no trigger)

“Nice one another grade three.” said Diamond Tiara

“Actually what Apple Bloom really needs a grade two.” said Silver Spoon

Wingal ran up and slashed Libra.

“Damage trigger check.”

“I attack with Marron supported by Flogal.”

13000 to 9000

“I guard with Dream Eater.”

13000 to 14000

Marron shoot lightning from his horn but an elephant got in the way.

“It’s your turn.”

“I stand and draw. I ride CEO Amaterasu.” Sweetie Belle remembered what Apple Bloom said. “Thats amazing Sweetie Belle.” ‘What's so amazing about it?’ “I activate Amatersu’s skill. Soulcharge, I’m going to send this card to the bottom of my deck. I call Silent Tom and Oracle Guardian, Wisepony. I attack with Wisepony.” Wisepony shoot lasers from his eyes hitting Wingal. (no trigger) “Next I attack Amaterasu supported by Gemini. Checking the twin drive. First(no trigger), second critical trigger. Thats 5000 to Silent Tom and you take two damage.” She light up her horn and shot a laser at Apple Bloom. (both no triggers) “Finally I attack with Silent Tom.” Silent Tom hold out his hove and shot at Wingal.

(No trigger) “Thats four damage.” said Apple Bloom

“Apple Bloom is sure taking a beating.” said Diamond Tiara

‘Well now Apple Bloom has enough cards for a counterblast.’ thought Scootaloo

‘Sweetie Belle’ Rarity thought seeing Sweetie Belle panting.

“I stand and draw, with Barcgal’s skill I call Llew. You know what it wasn’t to long ago that you and I played each other for the first time. That was your first cardfight and yet you knew your cards so well. And if I recall you beat me.” said Apple Bloom

“Hurry up and go.” said Sweetie Bell

“Sure.” ‘Sweetie Belle can see right thru me. But there must be a way for me to turn this around.’ “I activate Future Knight Llew’s counterblast. He, Barcgal and Flogal move to the soul, I superior ride Blaster Blade. I activate Blaster Blade’s counterblast to retire Silent Tom.” She stuck her sword into the ground and send lightning at Tom. “I move Marron to the back and call call the Knight of Rose Morgana as well as the Bringer of Good Luck Epona.I attack your vanguard with Blaster Blade supported by Epona. Drive trigger check.” (no trigger) She ran up and slashed Sweetie Belle with her sword.

“Damage trigger check.” (no trigger)

“I attack your vanguard with Morgana boosted by Marron.”

14000 to 10000

“I guard with Nike.”

14000 to 20000

“Thats the end of my turn.”

“It looks like they're tied for damage only….” said Scootaloo

“Apple Bloom doesn’t have a grade three.” said Diamond Tiara

“Your actually right here. Because she was late playing a grade two and it hurting her.” said Silver Spoon

“I stand and draw.” When Sweetie Belle draw she could not stop remembering.

“That’s Dream Eater it’s attack and shield are both 5000.” said past Sweetie Belle

“Amaterasu’s skill soulcharge, checking the top card putting it at the bottom.”

“I call Luck Bird.” said her memory of her father

“And pay two for it soulblast.” said her memory of her mother.

“I draw a card. I call Wisepony. I attack your vanguard with Wisepony boosted by Luck Bird.” said Sweetie Belle

15000 to 9000

“I guard with Llew.”

15000 to 19000

He fired a laser from his eyes but Llew got in front of them and stopped them.

“You know something, If Sweetie Belle had more experience playing vanguard with that memory of hers. She probably be better then all of us combine.” said Silver Spoon

“Yeah.” agreed Diamond Tiara

“That’s for sure.” said Scootaloo

“Why didn’t she start sooner?” asked Diamond Tiara

“I don’t know.”

Sweetie Belle remembered more about the past.

“When we get get back we’ll teach you how to play. Would you like that?” asked Sweetie Belle’s mom

“Yeah.” said past Sweetie Belle

“Have fun with with your sister.”

“I will.”

“Take good care of your sister until we get back Rarity.” said their father

“I will.” said Rarity

The taxi took off.

“I’m going to miss you.” shouted Sweetie Belle

Back in the present.

“How cool, I could on imagine how much easier life must be with a memory like yours.” said Apple Bloom

“Yeah, Sweetie Belle seriously why didn’t you tell us you had this special talent. I think I know how we could we at nationals. All we have to do is turn Sweetie Belle’s memory into a weapon to help team Crusaders.” said Scootaloo

Sweetie Belle stopped her hoof on the floor.

“Sweetie Belle are you ok?” asked Apple Bloom

“There are somethings I don’t want to remember. Amaterasu attacks Blaster Blade with support from Gemini.” said Sweetie remembering again.

“What tacking them so long? Rarity said she was going to pick them up at the train station and bring them here.”

The door opened and Rarity came in a little wet because she forgot her umbrella at the train station.

“Sweetie Belle! Something terrible’s happened. And are parents….” said past Rarity

When Sweetie Belle turned around she notice Rarity was alone. Her eyes started to water and she dropped the vanguard cards.

Back in present.

“Twin drive, first check.” (no trigger)

Back to the past.

At the train station a train was flip over and was on fire. Then Sweetie Belle and Rarity got there. Sweetie Belle saw the train.

“Mommy, daddy.” said past Sweetie Belle as she started to cry.

Rarity say this and hugged her holding her close. As Sweetie Belle cried into her coat. It was still raining but Rarity didn’t care right now. All she wanted to was be there for her sister.

A few days later.

They were at their parents grave stones. The funeral being done.

Back to the Present

“Second check, critical trigger. I increase Amaterasu’s power by 5000 and plus one damage.” said Sweetie Belle starting to cry. She lit up her horn and shot a laser at Apple Bloom.

“Wow Sweetie Belle beat you good Apple Bloom.” said Scootaloo

“Are you alright Sweetie Belle?” asked Rarity seeing Sweetie Belle panting.

Back to the past

“Rarity why are you opening the store within your store?” asked Sweetie Belle

“Are parents loved this store. But I can’t keep run two stores at once. So I made a choice to bring it here. After all this is where it was before and now its back. You’ll help me, won't you Sweetie Belle?” said past Rarity

“No thanks.” said past Sweetie Belle in a sad tone. Rarity was shocked what she heard. “I don’t know how. They didn’t even teach me how to play. They said they would teach but they never got around to it. I miss them both so much. Why did this had to happen to us?” Sweetie Belle was crying again.

“Sweetie Belle.”

“‘It’s impossible. I can’t do it.”

Back to the present.

(Both no triggers)

“Sweetie Belle took you out.” said Diamond Tiara

“I beat that great memory had something to do with it.” said Silver Spoon

“Amazing.” said Apple Bloom

“This is great with Sweetie Belle. She can analyze the decks and fights at the nationals. This is a huge advantage.” said Scootaloo

“Sweetie Belle.” said Apple Bloom see her panting.

She gather up her cards and said. “I can’t”

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were worried from what they heard

“What are you saying?” asked Apple Bloom

“I’m quitting the team you just have to go to national without me.” said Sweetie Belle putting her deck on the table and walking away.

“What's up with her?” asked Apple Bloom

“Now hold on.” said Scootaloo but Sweetie Belle didn’t stop walking.

“That was strange.” said Diamond Tiara

“For sure.” said Silver Spoon

“Why did Sweetie Belle get upset all of a sudden?” asked Scootaloo

“I don’t know.” answered Scootaloo

‘Sweetie Belle’ thought Rarity

Author's Note:

link
Also I edited some of my previse chapters just so you know.

PreviousChapters Next