• Published 19th Dec 2013
  • 3,239 Views, 130 Comments

Cardfight Vanguard Equestria Saga - VanguardLuard



Cardfight Vanguard a card game that has spread through out the entire world. It's a life altering experience. Join Apple Bloom and her friends in their epic Cardfights. Image it the path to victory

  • ...
7
 130
 3,239

PreviousChapters Next
Ride 4: Assault Twin Drive!

Apple Bloom entered Card Capital. She looked around looking for Spike. She could not find him anywhere and signed.

“Hello there Apple Bloom.”

“Hello Rarity.”

Apple Bloom was looking at her deck. “Having a good time?” asked Rarity

“Yeah totally.”

“Because when you came in today you looked kind of sad.”

“Yeah you could say that I was hoping to see Spike today”.

“You know I haven't seen him in a couple of days, but you can never tell with him. Why were hoping to see him so badly?”

“Well I was just hoping that I could have another Vanguard fight with him. The first time we battled I couldn't help but feel he was holding back a bit because I was new to the game. Sense that day I had a bunch of other battles. I know the rules pretty well and I’m having a lot of fun now too. Pulse I might be a little better than I once was. So I want to fight Spike again and show him he doesn't have to take it easy on me.”

“I just think I saw a twinkle in your eye. Thats how it is with new players you're having so much fun playing you don't care if you win or lose. Do you mind if I take a look at your deck?”

“sure” said Apple Bloom handing over her deck. Rarity was looking through the deck and thought. “Is there something wrong?” asked Apple Bloom

“Heres the plan why don't you stop by the shop on the way home from school tomorrow. I will have a surprise waiting for you.”

“Really” said Apple Bloom exited.

“Yes but you will have to come get it.”

“What do you think it could be?” asked Silver Spoon.

“ I don’t know I didn’t even asked” said Apple Bloom.

The there entered card capital. “ We’ve arrived, I heard you got a surprise or something. Could share some of it with me?” asked Diamond Tiara.

“I’m glad you were able to make it Apple Bloom.” said Rarity.

“Thanks.”

“What’s the nice thing you got for her?” asked Diamond Tiara.

“Well to figure that out you're going to have a vanguard battle first.”

“A Cardfight then” said Apple Bloom.

“Yes and once that match is over you well understand what the surprise is.”

“Alright count me in” said Diamond Tiara pulling out her deck.

“I think you’re good as is it’s Apple Bloom that needs to see it” said Rarity

“What is this about?” asked Apple Bloom

“You see I was going to have a cardfight with you myself but I have this big order to fill. So in my place I would like you to battle Sweetie Belle.”

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were shocked. “No, you can’t be series.”

“Why yes I am.”

“Come on Rarity you know I have never had a vanguard battle before.”

Apple Bloom, Silver Spoon, and Diamond Tiara were shocked. “How can that be you’re here every day? asked Silver Spoon

“I only work here to get a few extra bits.”

“I wonder if there is something special about this fight or are you just messin with both of us?“ asked Apple Bloom.

“You don't know until you try and I’m not playing any tricks ok. Now I really have to get to work. I made this deck for you” said Rarity

“But.”

“I’m sure you will be just fine Sweetie Belle.”

“Well what about the store? Whale I’m having this vanguard fight how is going to watch the counter for us?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Yeah you have a point there. In that case Opal well watch the counter.”

“Seriously?” ask Sweetie Bell.

Rainbow Dash entered the store noticing no one at the counter and Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle setting down at a table.”Hey do you know what's going on?” asked Rainbow Dash.

Silver Spoon told her what happened “What, Rarity really said that?”

“Yeah that why they both look so serious.” said Silver Spoon

‘So it’s this type of deck. What is Rarity thinking?’ thought Sweetie Belle.

‘Sweetie Belle has never had a fight before so maybe I should go easy on here’ thought Apple Bloom

“Lets start” said Sweetie Belle

“Sure thing”

They were shuffling their cards when Sweetie Belle dropped her deck. “Sorry, let me shuffle again”

“Sure” ‘ She is not used to handling cards.’ “You have to picture it.”

“Alright”.

“Stand up Vanguard”

“Lozenge Magus”

“Stardust Trumpeter”

Their sprites were transformed. Apple Bloom was now Stardust Trumpeter. Sweetie Belle was an unicorn levitating a staff with a red juale at the tip.

“I will take the first turn ok” said Sweetie Belle. “I ride the Oracle Guardian, Gemini and I use the skill of Lozenge Magus to move her to the rear-guard” She turned into two foal pegasus.
(RG) (Gemini) (RG)

(RG) (Magus) (RG)

“She is such a rookie.” said Silver Spoon

“Hey its my first time playing.”

“Sorry.”

“Its your turn Apple Bloom.”

“I ride Little Sage Marron, then I call Wingal and Flogal. With support from Flogal Wingal attacks Gemini.”

11000 to 8000

Wingal sheratch Gemini with his claws. “I check for a damaged trigger.”(no trigger)

“Next I attack Gemini with Marron. I check for a drive trigger. Critical trigger that means 5000 power and pulse one damage.”

13000 to 8000

“Another two I believe. Then I can look for two damage triggers. The first card I got it draw trigger that means Gemini gains 5000 power and I draw. Now the second card draw trigger again thats another 5000 power going to Gemini and one more card for me.”

“Wow Apple Bloom did three damage on her first turn.”

“Yah a great way to start the game.” said Silver Spoon.

“Man what is it with her luck?” said Diamond Tiara

“It’s my turn now I ride the Maiden of Libra.” She turned it to a pegasus that is holding a scale. “Then i call two Silent Tom’s.” two bandage wrapped earth ponies stallions appeared then two ghost of a mare each wrapped there her hooves around one of the stallions. “I attack Marrion with Silent Tom.”

“I guard with Flogal”

“That won't work, Silent Tom’s skill stops that. A grade zero unit can’t guard his attack.” Silent Tom hold out his hove and shot at Marron.(no trigger)

‘There are cards you can't guard against? Sweetie Belle may not have played before but she sure knows what she is doing. I got to be more careful.’ thought Apple Bloom

“Thats a good unit.” said Rainbow Dash

(Tom) (Libra) (tom) 3 damage

(RG) (RG) (RG)
(Wingal) (Marron) (RG) 2 damage

(Flogal) (RG) (RG)

‘I maybe a head in terms of damage but I have to do something about those Silent Tom’s.’ “It’s my turn, arise now my avatar ride Blaster Blade. I activate his counterblast to retire one of your Silent Tom’s.” Blaster Blade stabbed his sword in the ground and blue lightning came out hitting one of the Silent Tom’s.”Good that’s one down. Now I call Flogal and Gallatin. Gallatin attacks your Maiden of Libra.

10000 to 9000

“I guard with Oracle Guardian, Nike” A stauch of pegasus appeared Gallatin stopped his attack.

10000 to 19000

“Next up with support from Flogal Blaster Blade attacks your vanguard drive check.”(no trigger) Blaster Blade slashes her with his sword.

“Damage trigger check, draw trigger the power to my vanguard and I draw.”

“With the support of Flogal Wingal attacks your Silent Tom.” Wingal slashes Tom with his claws.”Great both Silent Tom’s are in the drop zone.”

“I wouldn't celebrate just yet. We are just getting started. Beautiful goddess of radiant light ride CEO Amaterasu.” She turned it to a unicorn with a black mane and tail with purple stripes in it.

“Wow grade three!” said Rainbow Dash

“I think Apple Blooms in trouble now.” said Silver Spoon

“Thats one of the strongest cards in the game a grade three.” said Diamond Tiara

“Your craze about those grade three’s aren't you?” said Rainbow Dash

“Of course there strong just like me!”

“Yeah right!”

“A grade three...” said Apple Bloom

“I activate Amaterasu skill I add the top card of deck to the soul and now I can look at the top of my deck. Then I can live it on top or put it on the bottom of my deck.“

“How is that supposed to help you?” asked Apple Bloom

“You will see. I don’t need this. Then I call two Oracle Guardian, Wisepony’s and a Gemini. Wisepony is attacking Blaster Blade.”

“I guard with Epona”

“Now a Wisepony with the support of Gemini attacks your vanguard.”

“I’ll do a damage trigger check. Great it’s a heal trigger. As you know it always me to recover one card from the damage zone.”

“No, you can’t the heal effect only activates if you have equal or more damage then your opponent remember.”

“Oh no what a waste.”

“I think Sweetie Belle knows more about the cards and rules then all of us and it’s her first very first fight.”said Rainbow Dash with Tiara and Spoon nodding in agreement.

“I spend alot of time the store watching all of you play I pretty much had to learn them. Besides in need to know the rules in order to help our customers.” said Sweetie Belle.

“I see that explains why you're so good Sweetie Belle, but I still gain an effect of that trigger Blaster Blade’s power just went up by 5000.” said Apple Bloom ‘That should stop her attacks.’

“I attack Blasted Blade with Amaterasu.”

“But why?”asked Apple Bloom.

“You see my vanguard has twin drive.”

“Whats that?”

“All grade three’s have a special ability called twin drive. Instead of drawing one drive trigger you draw two. First check no trigger, second check no again”

‘That was lucky.’ though Apple Bloom

“Are you relieved Amaterasu has another skill if I have four or more cards in hoof then her power goes up by 4000.”

“And you have five so thats why your deck has so many draw triggers. So you can activate Amaterasu skill.”

“A bit late for that revelation.” Amaterasu attacked Blaster Blade by shooting a white piem from her horn.(No trigger)

“I don’t like the looks of this.” said Silver Spoon

“I need to get myself a copy of that grade three.” said Diamond Tiara

“My turn now I move Wingal and Flogal, then I call Gallatin retiring Flogal. Then I attack with Gallatin.”

“No guard.” Gallatin slashed Amaterasu(No trigger)

“Almost there, now I have Flogal support Blaster Blade on attack on Amaterasu.”

14000 to 10000

“I guard with Battle Sister, Chocolat by discarding a card I stop your attack.” A filly unicorn appeared her horn glowed but when she try to shout they blasts went all over the place.

“I can still check for a drive trigger though, critical trigger activated I give all the effects to my standing Gallatin. Then boosted by Wigal, Gallatin will attack Amaterasu.”

21000 to 10000

“I guard it with Battle Sister, Chocolat.” Another filly unicorn appeared her horn glowed but when she try to shout they blasts went all over the place.

“No way!”

“Let’s finish this game. I activate Amaterasu skill soul charge and I check the top card to the bottom. I call Miracle Kid and Battle Sister, Cocoa.” A pony shaped rat appeared he was dressed in a suit and a hat, also an earth pony with pointy ears she was dress in a nunes outfit. ”Battle Sister, Cocoa is another unit that lets me look at the top of my deck. That can stay. Now I support Wisepony with the power of Miracle Kid and attack Blaster Blade.”

“I guard with Epona. Your attacks won’t get me.”

“Now I support Wisepony with Gemini and attack Blaster Blade.”

“I guard with Epona.”

“Now Amaterasu attacks with the support from Cocoa.”

“Oh no used all of my cards.”

“Now for my twin drive, first check look this is it.”

‘thats the card she left on top’

“The purpose of me checking the top card of my deck is to set me up with a drive trigger and use it at a critical time like this. Drive trigger activated thats 5000 power to Amaterasu and the damage is up by one as well. Second check, no trigger but Amaterasu power is already 22000. This is the power of grade three units. So if your deck has nothing better than a grade two unit well you're doomed to fail.” Amaterasu attacked Blaster Blade by shooting a white piem from her horn.(Both no trigger)

“That was a good game.” said Rainbow Dash.

“She lost.” said Diamond Tiara.

‘I need some better cards Blaster Blade isn't enough on his own.’ Apple Bloom thought.

“So you lost to Sweetie Belle?” said Rarity.

“Yes.”

“Did you find anything surprising?” asked Rarity.

“I did. I say there are still a lot of things I need to learn. Vanguard is much bigger and more complicated than I thought.” said Apple Bloom.

“That was the special thing I wanted you to see with your own eyes. We all started like you know supper eager to be playing the game and yet only knowing a bet about it. That not how you get better though and you're not going to defeat Spike that way are you.” Apple Bloom was shocked for what Rarity said “I’m glade you say it. That’s a big step today”

“Vanguard means a lot to Apple Bloom” said Rainbow Dash

“I learned a lot from that battle. Now that I know I can make plans too.” said Diamond Tiara.

“And what exactly did you learn from that fight?” Silver Spoon asked

“Only there another grade three unit that I have it get for my deck.”

“Please say you're kidding.” said Rainbow Dash

“If you have any questions about card feel free to ask ok.” said Rarity
“Thank you very much Rarity” said Apple Bloom ‘Grade three’s and all those cards I have never seen before. I want to know more about vanguard and get even stronger. So the next time I face Spike I can show him how strong I’ve gotten.’

Author's Note:

link

PreviousChapters Next