• Published 19th Dec 2013
  • 3,238 Views, 130 Comments

Cardfight Vanguard Equestria Saga - VanguardLuard



Cardfight Vanguard a card game that has spread through out the entire world. It's a life altering experience. Join Apple Bloom and her friends in their epic Cardfights. Image it the path to victory

  • ...
7
 130
 3,238

PreviousChapters Next
Ride 8: The King of Knights Enters the Fray!

“Hey guess what I got her.” said Diamond Tiara holding a poster.

“Look Apple Bloom they finally released the flyer for the Card Capital Vanguard tournament.” said Silver Spoon.

“I went by the shop on my way to school.”

“Oh, you were telling me about this at the market the other day.” said Apple Bloom.

“Yeap, it’s an all out vanguard showdown between the card shops most skilled players.”

“I wonder if Spike will be there.”

“Hard to tell with him. He is not really a shop regaler so I wouldn’t count on him entering.” said Silver Spoon.

“Well regardless of who decides to enter it safe to say how going to win it. Hopefully I still remember who you are after I rise to stardom as a vanguard protégé.” said Diamond Tiara.

“It says hear the application deadline for the shop tournament is tomorrow afternoon” said Apple Bloom.

“Good Thing you're not entering. Well that's what you said the other day right.” said Silver Spoon.

Apple Bloom was at home sitting on the couch looking at the vanguard tournament flyer. When Applejack came in and sat next to her. “What’s you looking at, wow it’s a vanguard tournament. Rarity told me about those. So are you planning going to entering Apple Bloom.”

“I’ve heard there are really skilled player that enter this sorts of thing.”

“Really is that true. I think you should enter.”

“Applejack I...”

“You’ll never know how good you are until you try. At least consider about entering Apple Bloom. I know you would do great.”

“Sure, I’ll think about it.”

Later in Apple Bloom’s room she was looking through her deck. “Should I really enter the shop tournament?” Apple Bloom asked her self. ‘I really want to show everypony how good my deck is getting now that I added some cards. The King of Knights Alfred, I’m not sure why Celestia gave it to me. But this is going to make my Royal Paladins shine brighter than ever.’

The next day Apple Bloom entered the card shop. “The Card Capital tournament is special event that only happens twice per year. And there are only two spots left. Is there a fighter among us who is up to the challenge.” said Rarity.

“Man I’m too nervous.” said one colt.

“I don’t think I’m good enough yet.” said another.

“It’s not surprising they are having a thought finding players for this thing. Do you see al the super good players they have already.” said one stallion.

“Players like us don’t stand a chance.” said the other stallion.

‘Maybe I’ll try out my new deck some other time.’ thought Apple Bloom.

“Hey Apple Bloom, you're here to enter the shop tournament right.” said Rarity.

“Well I..”

“Sure with the way you’ve been playing lately I say you stand just a good a chance in this thing as any anypony else. All you have to do is fill this out. Come on. Come on. Come on.”

“You see it’s just I don’t know yet.”

The shop door opened up and Spike and Rainbow Dash entered. “Hey Spike” said Apple Bloom.

“You can count me in.” said Spike handing Rarity his application.

“Wow great, I’m so glad you could join us.”

“I hear you got some pretty good players I haven’t fought yet. Let’s just hope they bring a game.”

“Well there is only one spot left. So who wants it, first come first severed.”

“That will be me. I have finally decided to enter the tournament.” said Apple Bloom taking an application from Rarity and filling it out.

“Just put it on the counter when you're done ok.” said Sweetie Belle.

“All finished.” Apple Bloom put it on the counter but at the same time somepony else but one in at the same time. All three were shocked. “Featherweight!”

“Apple Bloom?”

“OK how do we do this you both but your applications in at the same time and we only have one spot left.” said Sweetie Belle.

“No need to worry I have an idea you two will have a vanguard fight and the winner will go on the the tournament. Is that ok with you two?” said Rarity.

“I’m ok with that.” said Apple Bloom.

“Sounds fair after all we did put our applications in at the same time. Now if there were two spots available we would not have to do this but there isn’t.” said Featherweight.

‘Spike said I was weak and I didn’t discovered it fight him. But if I enter the tournament I might prove him wrong. Thats the kind of chance I'm willing to fight for.’ thought Apple Bloom.

“Now for someone who doesn't care for Apple Bloom you sure are watching her pretty closely.” said Rainbow Dash.

“I was actually wondering about Featherweight. I never seen him play before. Lets just see if he’s up to the challenge.” said Spike.

“Are the competitor ready.” said Rarity.

“You bet!” said Apple Bloom.

“Of course.” said Featherweight

“In that chase lets cardfight.”

“Stand Up Vanguard”

“Barcgal”

“Madame Mirage”

Apple Bloom turned into an armed dog with a sword in his mouth. Featherweight turned into a mare that was half pony and half mouth.

“That unit doesn't look like the ones I’m familiar with.” said Apple Bloom.

“Given that stare of uncertainty on your face I would say you never faced a megacolony deck before have you.”

“Here I go. I ride Wingal, using Barcgal’s skill I move him to the rear guard.”

“Hey how is she able to move here unit around.” said colt.

“That ability can only be activated when you ride a Royal Paladin on him. Which is why Barcgal is a good choice as a starting vanguard. This match is a good chance for her to show everypony else how much she’s grown.” said Rarity.

“I activate Barcgal’s skill by butting him at rest I can search my deck for a copy of Future Knight, Llew or Flogal and call it. I call supper call Flogal. That’s it for my turn.”

(RG) (Wingal) (RG)
(Barcgal) (Flogal) (RG)

“I ride Phantom Black.” he turned into a half pony and half ant. “”Then I call Embodiment of Armor, Bahr.”

“But Bahr is not a megacolony unit.”

“I like to mix and match my units. Megacolony is my favorite for sure. But by mixing together with units of different clans I can take the strongest units from each. Thous giving my deck the overall power advantage. Now Bahr attacks Wingal.” Bahr ran up and sung his sword.

“I check for a damage trigger.” (no trigger)

“Now Phantom Black attacks Wingal. I check the drive trigger.”(no trigger) He punched her.

“Checking damage trigger.”(No trigger)

“That my turn.”

‘I won't let him back me into a corner. Otherwise I’ll never fight Spike.’ “Here I go. ‘I’m not gonna lose.’ “Stand up my avatar, ride Blaster Blade. I call the Knight of Silence, Gallatin, and the Little Sage, Marron. With a boosted from Bacgal, Gallatin will attack Phantom Black.” He jumped up and swing his sword at him.

“Damage trigger check.” (no trigger)

“With a boost from Flogal, Blaster Blade will attack Phantom Black. Check for a drive trigger.” (no trigger) He swings his sword at him.

“Damage trigger check.” (no trigger)

“Finally I attack Phantom Black with Marron.”

8000 to 8000

“I guard with the Lizard Soldier, Ganlu. I ride Bloody Hercules.” He turned into a half pony and half betal. “Then I call another Bloody Hercules. Now I move Bahr to the back then I call Karma Queen.” A half pony and half bee mare appeared. “I activate Karma Queen’s counterblaste which prevents Gallatin form standing on your next turn.”

“What?”

“This what the megacolony clan dose. By prevent you from stand I lowered the number of attack you can do next turn. Now my rear guard Bloody Hercules attacks Blaster Blade.”

1000 to 9000

“I guard with Marron.”

1000 to 1400

“Now I attack with my vanguard Bloody Hercules, drive trigger check.”(no trigger) He rammed Blaster Blade.

“Checking for a damage trigger”(no trigger)

“With the support from Bahr, Karma Queen attacks Blaster Blade.” She stings him.

“I check for a damage trigger.”(no trigger)

“Now it’s your turn.” ‘With Gallatin at rest she will only be able to attack two times. That is unless she retires Gallatin and replaces him with a different unit.’

Spike signed. “What's up?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Featherweight is good but he is not that good. He hasn't noticed yet. He hasn’t noticed why Apple Bloom gathered all those Royal Paladin’s.” said Spike.

“Draw.” ‘It’s finally time, lend me the strength I need.’ “Enter the fray, kneel before your king I ride the King of Knight Alfred” She turned into a white armored earth pony stallion with a blue cape and sword. “I move Marron back and then call Gancelot. I attach your vanguard with Alfred. When he is in the vanguard circle he can’t be boosted but he gain 2000 power for ever royal paladin in the rear guard.”

2000 to 1000

“Then that means he’s getting an additional 1000 attack power.”

“Now I check the twin drive first card (no trigger), now the second check.”

“That's a critical trigger.”

“Great timing for it. Now for the effects. Alfred we'll gain the extra critical, and the power will go to Gancelot.” ‘My royal paladin units are finally working together.’ Alfred charged he and slashed him with his sword.

“I check for a damage trigger (no trigger), and the other one yes I got a trigger. That critical trigger will give my vanguard an extra 5000 power.”

“With support from Marron, Gancelot attacks your vanguard.”

22000 to 15000

“I guard the attack with Rakshasa.” A pony with his lower torso being that of a snake appeared.

22000 to 25000

“This isn’t over just yet. Rise from the depths the eight legs of evil I ride Hell Spider.” He turned into a pony size spider with claws at the end of his legs. “I activate Hell Spiders counterblast. Witch mean Gallatin won't be able to stand up again.”

“Hell Spider has that ability to?”

“I call a pair of Phantom Black’s. I support Hercules with Phantom Black and attack Alfred.”

18000 to 10000

“I guard with Future Knight Llew.” A armored earth pony colt appeared.

18000 to 20000

“Now I attack with Hell Spider with the support of Phantom Black.”

18000 to 10000

“I guard with Iseult. I activate her skill to drop a royal paladin from my hoof to nullify your attack.” The earth pony raised one of her hoofs up and a shield appeared from the glove.

“I check my twin drive.” (both no triggers) “Now I attack with Karma Queen with the support of Bahr.”

15000 to 10000

“I guard with Elaine.”

15000 to 20000

“That’s my turn.”

“I retire Gallatin and call Wingal.”

“Why did she replace Gallatin with Wingal” said one colt.

“Gallatin won’t be able to attack this turn anyway but Wingal can.” said another colt.

“With support from Marron, Gancelot attacks Hell Spider.”

1700 to 1000

“I guard with Aermo as well I intercept with Bloody Hercules.”

17000 to 20000

“With the support of Barcgal, Wingal attacks Hell Spider.” He jumped up and scratched him.

“Checking for a damage trigger.” (no trigger)

“That makes five damage.” said the colt

“This will be my final attack. I attack Hell Spider with Alfred.” Alfred raised his sword and swung it at him.(no trigger)

“That was a great fight. It looks like Apple Bloom gains the final spot in the card shop tournament.”

There was some cheering the crowd with Rainbow Dash being one of them. “It was an excellent battle we just had. It looks like you will be entering the shop tournament instead of me.” said Featherweight.

“You mean you're not mad at me.” said Apple Bloom.

“Mad, why would I be mad at you I’m disappointed that I don’t get to play in the tournament. But you won fair and square and a deals a deal. I do have to say with your skills and that deck I would say the other player better watch their flanks. I think you may win the entire thing.”

“Really thanks.”

“I wish you luck Apple Bloom.” said Featherweight while shaking her hoof.

“Congratulations Apple Bloom I expect big thing from you at the tournament.” said Rarity.

“Right.” said Apple Bloom noticing Spike leaving. “Hey wait, now were both in the shop tournament we may get a chance to play each other again.”

“Using Alfred like that was a lone beginners strategy for winning. Simple tactics aren't going to get you far in a tournament setting remember that.” said Spike.

“Don’t listen to him Apple Bloom you did great today.” said Rainbow Dash.
‘I don’t care what you say Spike. Because I’m going to win my way right to the top of this thing. Until I fight you together with the strength of my cards.’ thought Apple Bloom.

Author's Note:

link

PreviousChapters Next