• Published 19th Dec 2013
  • 3,239 Views, 130 Comments

Cardfight Vanguard Equestria Saga - VanguardLuard



Cardfight Vanguard a card game that has spread through out the entire world. It's a life altering experience. Join Apple Bloom and her friends in their epic Cardfights. Image it the path to victory

  • ...
7
 130
 3,239

PreviousChapters Next
Ride 31: Beautiful Assassin

In a hallway Scootaloo sitting down.

“Oh come on, Spike just had to win his match. And he won against a member from team Asteroid no less. But….” said Scootaloo remembering what happened in the match.

“Imagine it, this battle is about to get a whole lot scarier. Now ride the Vanguard, flames of destruction reducing this world to ash Dragonic Overlord. I retire Conroe and call Dual Axe Archdragon. I activate Overlord’s counterblast. With support from Bahr, Overlord attacks your Devil Summoner. Drive check, eternal flame!” (no trigger) Spike opened his mouth and burned Summoner. “After destroying a rear guard, Overlord stands up.” said past Spike

‘I can’t stop this one. I’m gonna lose.’ thought past Trixie

Archdragon swang on of his axes at hitting her.

Back to the present.

‘That was an amazing fight.’ thought Scootaloo. “What am I doing even here?”

Sweetie Belle put her deck down and remembered what Sunset Shimmer said before.

“Listen up, there is no way you’ll be able to beat me. Not with that deck.” said past Sunset Shimmer

Back to the present

‘Who does she think she is. the match hasn’t even begun.’ thought Sweetie Belle drawing her five cards. ‘I’ll show her. I’ll just have to read her moves and adjust my strategy, I won’t loss.’

“Begun the second match.” said the Judge

“Stand up, Vanguard!”

In a special room.

“I’m counting on you, Sunset. Don’t let happened to Trixie happened to you.” said Flip Side smiling then destroying a flower followed by a small laugh.

In team Asteroid’s dugout.

Trixie was scared.

‘Service her right.’ thought Lightning Dust.

In the stadium.

“I call Milk, Then Tsukuyomi attacks. Draw trigger, the power goes to Milk. With support from Psychic Bird, Milk attacks Midnight Bunny.” Milk flew up and lit up her horn and shot an pink earth pony that also looked like a bunny.

“Damage trigger check.” (No trigger)

In the stands.

“The second match between team Crusaders and team Asteroid. Sweetie Belle’s in the lead after dealing her opponent two damage.” said Pinkie Pie

In the dugout.

“Sweetie Belle’s off to a great start. I just know she can win.” said Apple Bloom

“If that happens then team Crusaders will be moving on to the finals next week.” said Rarity

In the stadium.

“Ok, it’s my turn now. From here on in, the Pale Moon Circus is going to show you how tricky we can be. I ride Crimson Beast Tamer!” Sunset Shimmer tuned into an earth pony mare with gray mane and tail with some flames in the mane and having a flame wip. “I call Skull Juggler, Barking Cerberus, and Dark Metal Bicorn.” An earth pony on a ball juggling skulls appeared as well as a Cerberus with some clown stuff on and a goat. “Now sit back and enjoy our performance” said Sunset Shimmer

‘A Pale Moon deck it’s my first time fight one, but I’m familiar with this cards. I need to stay one step ahead of her.’ thought Sweetie Belle

“I activate Skull Juggler’s skill.”

‘He’s skill allows her to soulcharge. Even worse is Crimson Beast Tamer, if there is another in the soul, it gains 3000 power. Belding the soul up quickly is a trademark of the Pale Moon clan. I need to be careful.’

“Skull Juggler attacks your vanguard.”

7000 to 7000

“I guard with Dream Eater.”

7000 to 12000

Skull Juggler throw his skulls at her but an elephant appeared blocking the skulls.

“Now I’m coming for you with Crimson Beast Tamer. Drive trigger check. (no trigger)” She lift up her whip and hit Sweetie Belle with it.

“Damage trigger check.” (no trigger)

“With support from Bicorn, Cerberus attacks.” Cerberus jumped up and bit her. (no trigger) “That’ll do for now.”

In the stands.

“They seem to be evenly match.” said Diamond Tiara

“Yeah.” agreed Silver Spoon

“I don’t know about that.” said Rainbow Dash ‘That Asteroid mare might still have some tricks. What is she planning? Be careful, Sweetie Belle.’

In the stadium.

‘This is fine her movies are pretty standard.’ thought Sweetie Belle “Stand and draw, I activate I check the top five card for Goddess of the Half Moon, Tsukuyomi and I can superior ride it. I superior Goddess of the Half Moon, Tsukuyomi, with Crescent Moon and Ichibyoshi in the soul I can soulcharge two cards.” ‘It’s all line up, next turn, next turn I can ride Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukuyomi.’ “I cal Silent Tom and attack with him.” Tom held out his hoof and shot an air blast at Sunset Shimmer. (no trigger) “Next I attack with Tsukuyomi, check. (no trigger)” Sweetie Belle had the hawk fly up, she lit her horn and fired a beam at her. “ With support from Psychic Bird, Milk attack.”

10000 to 8000

“I guard with Spiral Master.” A blue earth pony with some fish parts appeared and blocked the beam from Milk.

“That’s the end of my turn.”

“Now let me introduce the star performers of the Pale Moon Circus. I release him from the chains that bind him, this beast is tamed no longer. I ride Barkin Manticore.” Sunset turned into a red tiger with a gray lions main and hug bat wings.

‘It’s skill allows you to draw a card then you send a card from your hoof and put it in the soul. And that’s not all if you have Crimson Beast Tamer in the soul, he gains 3000 power on your turn.’

“I hope your enjoying the tricks of my Pale Moon deck.”

‘She’s steading fulling up her soul. She good as expected.’

“I move Skull Juggler back, then I call Nightmare Doll, Alice.” A giant mare with a blond mane and tail appeared. “Manticore, attack Tsukuyomi. Twin drive, first check (no trigger) second check (critical trigger) critical trigger, thats 5000 power to Alice and my Manticore will keep the critical effect.” She flew up and scratched Sweetie Belle. (both no trigger) “With support from Skull Juggler, Nightmare Doll, Alice attacks.”

22000 to 9000

“This as far as you go. I guard with Chocolat.” A filly unicorn appeared her horn glowed but when she try to shout they blasts went all over the place.

“Supported by Bicorn, Cerberus attack Silent Tom. It’s a pain having him around, especially what I have plan for later.” Cerberus jumped up and bit Silent Tom.

‘What she up too? It doesn’t matter she’s at four damage so I’ll just finish her this turn.’ “Stand and draw, activating Tsukuyomi’s skill. Checking the top five cards for Goddess of the Full Moon. She’s not there, in that case.” ‘Watch me mom, dad.’ “Gentle light breaking the darkness, your smile brings hope to the entire world, I ride Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukuyomi.”

In the dugout.

“There it is.” said Apple Bloom

“This is her chance to end the battle.” said Rarity

In the stadium.

“Thats your best unit.” said Sunset Shimmer

“I activate Psychic Bird's skill, moving him to the soul and draw. I activate Tsukuyomi’s skill, counterblast. I activate the same skill one more time.” said Sweetie Belle ‘My hoof has gotten a lot bigger thanks to Tsukuyomi’s skill. Now I just need to call out my most powerful units.’ “I move Milk back. Then I call Coco, Wisepony, Milk and Gemini.With support from Milk, Scarlet Witch Coco attacks.” Coco lit her horn focusing her magic in to her staff then firing a beam from it at Manticore. (no trigger)

In the stands.

“All right.” cheered Diamond Tiara

“Thats five damage.” said Silver Spoon

“Just one more to go.” said Rainbow Dash

In the stadium.

“With boost from Milk, Goddess of the Full Moon Tsukuyomi attacks.”

17000 to 10000
“I guard with two Dynamite Jugglers.”

17000 to 30000

(both no triggers) Two Goblin ponies each on a barrel of dynamite appeared and throw them up stopping the beam before it could hit.

“With the support from Gemini, Wisepony attacks.”

18000 to 10000

“I guard with Candy Clown.”

18000 to 20000

“Every unit you guarded with was a grade zero. So that’s was the reason why you destroyed my Silent Tom.”

“Correct, Silent Tom would have gotten in the way of using their talents.”

‘She’s been on step ahead of me this whole time.’

“It’s about time this show to its climax. The Pale Moon Circus puts on a show that it’s victim are sure to remember. I retire Cerberus, then I call Midnight Bunny and Nightmare Doll Alice.”

“But Cerberus and Alice are equal in power. So why would you switch them?” Sweetie Belle asked herself then she relived what she was doing.

“You relive it don’t you. If Alice attacks hit she trades places with a unit in the soul, and if the unit Midnight Bunny boost attack hits she can also trade places with a unit in the soul. Savage Beast lurk within the darkness that is the soul and there’s no way to escape them. This is the Pale Moon’s ultimate technique the Deadly Shadow Beast.”

In the Asteroid dugout.

“This ruthless method of finishing off her opponents is why we call her the Assassin.” said Lightning Dust

I the stadium.

“Nightmare Doll Alice attack Tsukuyomi with support from Bicorn.”

18000 to 11000

“I won’t let you, I guard with Lozenge Magus.”

18000 to 21000

Alice grabbed Lozenge Magus.

“With Midnight Bunny’s support Manticore attacks.”

20000 to 11000

“No guard.”

“Twin drive check, first (no trigger) second. (draw trigger)”

“Oh on, you got a draw trigger.” Sweetie Belle said in shock.

“I add 5000 power to the Alice that hasn’t attack yet and I draw.” She flew up and scratched Sweetie Belle. (no trigger) “Assassin lurking in the shadows, embrace the spotlight, Midnight Bunny’s counterblast. Bunny is movies to the soul and from the soul I superior call Crimson Beast Tamer. My Alice that has already attack leaves the field. With support from Skull Juggler, Nightmare Doll Alice attacks.”

22000 to 11000

“I guard with Dream Eater,Silent Tom and Wisepony intercepts.”

22000 to 26000

The three unit step in front of Alice before she could make a move.

“Reading your opponent's next move, it’s the only way an assassin can survives. I know what you were going to do. You were so desperate to stay alive, you used all of you defensive units to stop my third attack, didn’t you.”

Sweetie Belle looked at the last card in her hoof and say that it was CEO Amaterasu and relieved she was right.

“Then there is no way to stop my Crimson Beast Tamer for finishing this game, right. I like to dedicate this attack to a viewer of this performance. A pony like no other, the amazing Flip Side.

Flip Side was watching from his room.

Sunset Shimmer bowed to him, then went back to the match. “Go Crimson Beast Tamer.”

Crimson Beast Tamer jumped up and whacked Sweetie Belle with her whip. (no trigger)

“The winner is Sunset Shimmer.” said the Judge

The crowed cheered.

“It was easy to tell you were trying to read my moves. But you still got a lot to learn. In fact, it’s not just thinking ahead. You need to learn how to put a deck together too. You’re not ready to play at this level.” said Sunset Shimmer then walked back to the dugout.

“That’s a first for you. It’s not your style to taunt an opponent after the battle the battle has ended.” said Lightning Dust

“Yeah, so.”

“Maybe you're upset that it didn’t went as easily as expected it to.”

Sunset Shimmer didn’t say anything and just walked in to the dugout.

‘I’m sorry mom, dad. I hate to think like this, but she’s right. I have a ways to go when it comes to reading my opponent's moves and putting together a deck. I’m not the player I hoped I be.’ thought Sweetie Belle

‘Sweetie Belle lost her match, And it was like she was toying with her. Is this the power of team Asteroid. And I’m going to have to fight her next.’ thought Apple Bloom looking at Lightning Dust. ‘I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.’ Then Apple Bloom thought what would Scootaloo say. “Don’t worry you’ll win your match no problem.” ‘That right no problem. I’m not going to win this battle for myself, I’ve got to do this for the team.’

Spike just smiled.

“The third and final match is about to start fighters please get ready.” said the Judge

Outside the stadium.

“It sure was easy getting past the elimination round.” said Twilight Sparkle

“Yeah but in the finals next week we’ll be facing of with team Asteroid.” said Flash Sentry

“Well we all need to remain focus.” said Shining Armor

“Scootaloo, where are you.” said Rumble before running into Shining Armor.

“Owwww…. I’m running into a lot of ponies today.”

“Hey, watch where you’re going when you walk.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Actually, I ran into you, I’m sorry.”

“Are you ok? Are you hurt?”

“No, I’m fine”

“Hey are you alright.” said Applejack caming to make sure the two were alright. Then she say Twilight. “Twilight, I haven’t seen you in a long time. So what are you doing here?”

“You’re team Golden Lancer.” said Thunderlane

“Hey you look familiar.” said Shining Armor

“Yeah, we didn’t get a chance to fight last time. I’m Thunderlane, from team Handsome, and this is my little brother.”

“Hi, I’m Rumble.” He said introducing himself.

“And I’m Applejack.” She said introducing herself.

“Rumble, you where call for the Scootaloo from team Crusaders? Right.” said Shining Armor

“You know about Scootaloo?” asked Rumble

“Do you know where he is?” asked Thunderlane

“Sorry, we ran into him a little earlier and we haven’t seen her since then.” said Flash Sentry

“That’s to bad.” said Rumble

“I want to find out, who she think she is. Disappearing on the day of the national tournament, unbelievable.” said Thunderlane

“So you don’t know the reason why she ran away?” asked Shining Armor

“The reason?”

“Their her friends, I don’t see a problem with telling them.” said Twilight Sparkle

“Yeah, they at least know why she has gone missing.” said Flash Sentry

Shining Armor gave it some thought.

“Please, tell us?” asked Rumble

“Well, we were talking about the tournament….” said Shining Armor

In the stand of the stadium.

“Allright the elimination round with team Asteroid and team Crusaders.” announced Pinkie Pie

“At last the third match, and it so thrilling.” said Fluttershy

“Yes, it is.”

“On the roster for team Asteroid is team is Lightning Dust.”

“She’ll be facing of with Apple Bloom from team Crusaders. The climax is close at hoof.”

In the stadium.

They put down their deck and drawn their five cards.

“I’m going to do a redraw.” said Apple Bloom

“I’ll do the same.” said Lightning Dust

Apple Bloom drew her cards. ‘I redrew and I still don’t have a grade two.I guess I’ll have to make it work.’

“The third match, begin.” said the Judge

“Stand up, Vanguard!”

They field change into a castle.

In the stands.

“Now thats what I call a battle field. Lightning Dust must be using a Dark Irregulars.”

In the Stadium.

“Barcgal!”

“Vermillion Gatekeeper!” Lightning Dust turned into a black unicorn with a red mane and tail with a visor and a cape.

“I’m up first, I ride Little Sage Marron. Barcgal moves back, then I activate his skill to superior call Flogal from my deck.”

(RG) (Marron) (RG)

(Flogal) (Barcgal) (RG)

“My turn, I ride Prisoner Beast.” Lightning Dust turned into an ape with horns, bat wings, lion paws in the front, with claws on her back legs and she was chained up. “I activate Vermillion Gate keeper’s skill, soulcharge. I call Prisoner Beast and Alluring Succubus.” A black pony with a with mane, bat wings, horns on her head and devil tail appeared. “I activate Alluring Succubus’s skill, soulcharge. Then I call Nightmare Baby.” A demon pony floating in an orb appeared. “Prisoner Beast attacks Marron.”

8000 to 8000

“I don’t guard.” Prisoner Beast flew up the scratched Apple Bloom. “Damage trigger check.” (no trigger)

“Now I attack with my vanguard Prisoner Beast.”

8000 to 8000

“I don’t guard.”

“Drive trigger check. (no trigger)” She flew up and scratch her again. (no trigger)

In the stands.

“The fight just started, are you sure it’s ok to get bombarded with attacks?” asked Diamond Tiara

In the stadium.

“Supported by Nightmare Baby, Alluring Succubus attacks.”
13000 to 8000

“I don’t guard.” She flew up and her hoof glowed yellow, blue, and a little red, then she punched Apple Bloom. “Damage trigger check. (critical trigger)”

In the stands.

“Apple Bloom got a critical trigger.” said Rainbow Dash

“It won’t help her.” said Silver Spoon

“What rotten timing.” said Diamond Tiara

In the stadium.

“I end my turn.” said Lightning Dust
“Stand and draw!” said Apple Bloom ‘I didn't take all that damage for nothing, I need it. It’s a risky move, but if I don’t find a way to strengthen my units. There is no chance of beating her. My teams fate rest on my shoulders. Spike, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo. I’ll win this for us.’

Author's Note:

link

PreviousChapters Next