• Published 19th Dec 2013
  • 3,238 Views, 130 Comments

Cardfight Vanguard Equestria Saga - VanguardLuard



Cardfight Vanguard a card game that has spread through out the entire world. It's a life altering experience. Join Apple Bloom and her friends in their epic Cardfights. Image it the path to victory

  • ...
7
 130
 3,238

PreviousChapters Next
Ride 6: The Mysterious Door!

I've had countless cardfights with Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara, and Sweetie Belle has taught me the importance of grade three’s. Scootaloo turned out be a tough opponent. But you know I feel like that battle made me a bit stronger.

Apple Bloom, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon were walking down the market. “So your saying Card Capital is the only place you play vanguard at?” asked Diamond Tiara.

“Well yes, that and the clubhouse” said Apple Bloom.

“This is going to be great usually near cardfight stands there are groups that we can have cradfights with” said Silver Spoon.

‘Come to think of it Spike says that he fights at a lot of those group’ thought Apple Bloom.

“Plus we could have a incantatore with a vary rare card as well.” said Diamond Tiara.

“You are sure excited today.” said Apple Bloom.

“Of course Apple Bloom it’s almost time for the shop tournament.”

“Shop tournament?”

“Your entering aren't you?” asked Silver Spoon.

“Me...enter? I don’t think so. I’ve still got a lot to learn. But I’ll cheer for you on the side lines.”

“Come on Apple Bloom have some confidence in yourself.”

“I know I could count on you to cheer me on” said Diamond Tiara.

They continued to walk down the market.

“Now where could that card stand be I thought it was around here.”

“Please don’t tell me we’re lost” said Silver Spoon.

“What?! I never get lost.”

Apple Bloom looked down an alleyway and had a thought. “Hey why don’t we go down here? asked Apple Bloom.

They went down the alleyway and saw a door. “Who would but a door that leads to the alleyway?” asked Diamond Tiara.

“It’s problem there in case of a fire.” said Silver Spoon.

“Maybe someone in there could give us some directions to the nears card stand” said Apple Bloom.

“Good idea.”

Apple Bloom opened the door and they walked inside. When they were in notice a lot of doors around the room with a sign above each door. They opened a different door than the one they came through and saw nothing but clouds. They looked at the sign above the door it said Cloudsdale. “I think each door takes you to a different town or city in Equestria” said Apple Bloom.

“You would be correct.” said somepony. They looked to see who it was.

“Princess Cadence?!” said all three.

“If you don’t mind me asking what is this place?” asked Apple Bloom.

“Oh this is just a place where we want to get away from the public eye. You see we inchandteed this doors to lead here and three doors in are rooms that also lead hear. But there somewhere else in here.“ said Cadence.

“If thats the case how did we get in here?” asked Apple Bloom.

“The doors will open for anyone as long as somepony is in here. If there isn’t anyone in here only a princess can open the doors. We call this place PSY.Now please come with me.”

They followed Cadence to a different room and say a big table with glass around some of it.

“No way.” said Apple Bloom.

“What is it?” asked Diamond Tiara.

“A vanguard fight stage.” said Cadence.

“That so cool. check out those playmates. Do you mind if we use this thing?”

“Of course not, try it.” ‘If you can thats is’.

“I challenge you to a cardfight” said Apple Bloom.

“You're on. Huh? It’s not work in” said Diamond Tiara.

“Did you turn it on” said Silver Spoon.

“Is there a switch on your side or something?”

“It doesn't look like it. There aren’t any buttons.” said Apple Bloom touching the playmate.

Then it started to glow. Cadence and Apple Bloom where shocked.

“Place your deck on the terminal’ said a mysterious voice. “Place your deck on the terminal”.

Apple Bloom did it and here deck started to glow.

“The system turned on for her?” said Cadance.

“Alright lets do this.” said Diamond Tiara.

“Out of the way.” said somepony.

“No this game is mine you can’t j--” said Diamond Tiara tell she recognize who she was it was Princess Luna. ”I mean be my guess your highness.”

Apple Bloom was shocked at who she was fighting. “Hi your Apple Bloom, Sister to Applejack correct?” said Luna.

“Yes Luna.”

“So can you show me how good you are?”

“You want to fight against me?”

“Now if you don’t mind me asking what tournaments have you competed in?”

“Oh no tournaments for me I’m still new at this.”

From a far somepony was watch them. “Is she serious she has never been in a copatican before.” said Cadence.

“Yeah she just started a couple of weeks ago” said Silver Spoon.

‘She seems really good. At least I get to get to try out a vanguard fight stand. This should be fun.’ though Apple Bloom.

“I’m ready when you are.” said Luna.

“All right.”

The table started to hum.”It’s going to start.” said Cadence.

“Stand Up Vanguard, Stardust Trumpeter!”

Two Stardust Trumpeters appeared in the middle of the table.

“No way I can see all the units on the battlefield like I’m actually there.” said Apple Bloom.

‘Why do I have to fight a rookie? This not even going to be entertaining. I’ll end it quickly’ thought Luna. “I’ll go first. I draw and ride the Flash Shield, Iseult.” One of the Stardust Trumpeters turned into an earth pony mare with a white mane and tail, while wearing a maids outfit, and rock glove on her front hooves.

“It’s my turn. Draw and I also ride Iseult. This is so weird I guess this means you're running a Royal Paladin deck to.”

“I am small world, ha”.

“I call Starlight Unicorn.” A unicorn with a rainbow colored mane appeared. “His skill raises Iseult power by 2000 for this turn. With Gancelot’s in hand skill I suffel him back into my deck and search for Blaster Blade and add it to my hand.”

“You got a rare one, I’m impressed Apple Bloom.”

“A Blaster Blade...” said Cadence.

“Yeah it’s pretty much her favorite card.” said Silver Spoon.

“And it’s only a grade two.” said Diamond Tiara.

“I attack Iseult with Unicorn.” He charged and head butted her.

“Now checking for a trigger. Trigger activated Iseult power just went up by 5000.”

‘With that power boost to her Iseult there is no why I’m going to land an attack this turn. But if I get a trigger I’ll deal her damage and if not at least I’ll draw an extra card.’ “I’m attacking my Iseult against your vanguard. I check for a drive trigger, no trigger.” Iseult tried to punch the other but blocked it with her hoof. “I’m done now, it’s your turn.”

“Then I stand and draw, I ride Knight of the Harp Tristan.” She turned into an armored earth pony mare with a sword in on hoof and a harp in the other.”And I call Starlight Unicorn and Flogal to the rear guard. Unicorn’s skill give 2000 power to Tristan. Then Unicorn attack.” He charged and head butted her.

“Damage trigger check, trigger activated Iseul’s power increase by 5000 points.”

“Tristan attacks with the support from Flogal. Checking for a drive trigger.” (no trigger) She slashed he with her sword.(no trigger)

“Luna’s pushing back.” said Silver Spoon.

“So you taken more damage then I have but are decks are really similar. Can you spot the difference between us, can you Apple Bloom?”

“I hate to say this but Apple Bloom pretty bad at this.” said Cadence.

“Yeah but she is only a beginner and besides Luna is really good if you ask me. Maybe we should go save her? asked Silver Spoon.

“No this is her problem to deal with.” said Diamond Tiara.

“What are you...Oh I get it you think this battle will help her right?”

“No I just don't want Luna to be angry with us for stopping the fight. We could get really nasty nightmares or worse we could be banished.”

“You make a good point there.”

“Poor Apple Bloom.”, said the mysterious pony, “Don't bully her to much now.” She said in Luna’s head.

“How long are you going to make me wait? If you're going to give up…” said Luna.

“Hold on a minute I’m not giving up just yet. Sorry for stalling the fight. I made same mistakes earlier. But now I’m ready to show you what I can do. I stand and draw.” said Apple Bloom ‘I don’t want to give up not before i bring him into battle.’ “Stand up now my avatar now ride Blaster Blade.”

Wow! Thats so awesome!” said Silver Spoon.

“So thats Blaster Blade is it” said Cadence.

“I call Wingal, then I move Starlight Unicorn back and call Gallatin.” ‘Give me strength Blaster Blade’ She imagined herself as Blaster Blade. “Rear guard are you ready.” They all noded their heads. And imagined Luna as Tristan. “Gallatin attacking your vanguard with Starlight Unicorns support his attack is 16000.”

“I guard they attack with Epona.” A young armored colt with a sword riding a giant beetle appeared and blocked the attack.

“Go Wingal!”

“With Wingal in support this attack is going to hit for sure.” said Silver Spoon.

“Yeah those two units work really well together.” said Cadence.

19000 to 8000

“Attack!” She ran up to her and swung her sword. “Check for a drive trigger, nothing there.” said Apple Bloom.

“Well that makes two of us. You now Apple Bloom you're pretty good for a rookie. My turn stand and draw. I ride Crimson Butterfly, Brigitte.” She turned into an earth pony stallion

with butterfly wings, and a sword in her right hoof. “I call a second on to my rear guard. Then i move starlight Unicorn back and then call Tristan.”

“Two grade threes.”

“Rear guard Brigitte is attacking Blaster Blade.”

“I guard with Epona!”

“I wonder if you can guard this next one. With support from Flogal, Brigitte attacks. Let not forget the twin drive. It looks like it doesn't have a trigger luck for me Gancelot is a grade three reviline a grade three in a drive check raises Brigitte’ power by 5000. Second check now it’s really on critical trigger activated. Brigitte is going to keep the critical whale Tristan gain 5000 power. Burn in the fire little Blaster Blade.” She swung her flaming sword at her.(no triggers) “With a boost from Unicorn Tristan attacks your vanguard.” She swung her sword at her. “And that makes five.”

“Heal trigger activated I recover one card from my damage zone.”

“You had some pretty lucky timing with the heal trigger my turn is over.”

“And she does it again folks.” said Silver Spoon.

“It’s my turn I stand and draw.” said Apple Bloom ‘If i leave Iseult in my hand I might make it to the next turn. But I attack with full force and get a drive trigger. Defending again is too risky I got to push for the win.’ “I call on the power of the proud white wings of fate ride Solitary Knight, Gancelot. I counterblast raising his attack power by 5000 and plus one critica, one more time.”

“That is going to be a really strong attack.” said Diamond Tiara

“Now I call Iseul and Marron.” said Apple Bloom.

“She’s finally showing up for the battle” said Silver Spoon.

“Gallatin attacks attack you with the support of Unicorn!”

16000 to 10000

“Epona will guard!”

“I attack with Marron with support from Iseult!”

14000 to 10000

“Wingal will guard!”

“With Wingal’s support Gancelot attacks.” Apple Bloom charged at her. “Lets go checking for drive driggers. First check, no help.” ‘Come on cards I need you.’

“Looks like you didn’t get what you hoped.”

“Seams so no drive trigger.” She slashed her with her sword.

“Checking damage triggers, one (no trigger), and that two (no trigger). Third card heal trigger activated. One damage recovered. My turn stand and draw, I call Iseult. You better hope for another heal trigger.”

‘It’s not over yet there must be a way to win.’

“With support from Iseult, Brigitte is attacking Gancelot.”

“I guard with Flogal.”

“With support from Flogal, Brigitte attacks again.”

“No guard this time.” ‘One more to go as long as she doesn't get a trigger. Then I’ll be fine.’

(no trigger) “You know the timing for all out attack was pretty impressive Apple Bloom. But unfortunately this the end of the line.”

“No way...” said Apple Bloom in shock. She swung her sword at her.

“Critical trigger activated.”(both no triggers) Gancelot disappeared and the machined turned off.

“I guess I still have a lot to learn.”

Luna walk up and saw what Apple Blooms hand was. “That was your hoof. You had no options, but you never gave up.”

“Thanks Luna, I know I lost but it was still fun to fight you.”

Apple Bloom and Luna heard someone clapping the hoofs together and looked to see who it is. “What a great fight it was impressive.” said the mare.

“Sister.” said Luna

“For you.”said Celestia

“It’s the King of Knights Alfred! You're just giving this to me Princess Celestia?” said Apple Bloom.

“As a memento of your visit.”

“Thank you so much.”

“Tournaments, enter tournaments and when your better I’ll fight you again. What do you say Apple Bloom?” said Luna.

“Really?”

Apple Bloom, Silver Spoon, and Diamond Tiara left the alleyway were back in the market.

“Alfred, thats pretty cool” said Silver Spoon.

Celestia, Luna, and Cadence watch the fillies leave. “That filly I think she will be back again.” said Celestia.

At Card Capital the next day. “It missing” said Diamond Tiara.

“They probably moved the door, that or you don’t know where it is”said Silver Spoon.

Apple Bloom told Rarity about the door.

“Silver Spoon is probably right if it’s a secret door that only they know they probably just moved it, or just got rid of Ponyville door, or Diamond Tiara forgot where it is at.

Author's Note:

link

PreviousChapters Next