• Published 23rd Sep 2013
  • 11,056 Views, 351 Comments

Another Kind of Humanity - SPkon107



An ODST discovers humans who are not part of the UNSC.

  • ...
58
 351
 11,056

Chapter Seventeen: A Spartan's Stroll (Unedited)

Princess Luna, Celestia, Twilight, Captain Moss who was on a hologram, and Spartan-254 were standing around a holo-table that UNSC troopers had set up. The table displayed a map of the Griffin fortress. The Equestrians have discovered two silos inside the large fortress. Both of them had nuclear warheads inside. Intel reported the Griffins were going to detonate them inside and kill everyone in the area including part of the Griffin capital. The Captain and Princesses planned to attack the far end of the fortress due to the east side still having power and had the most defenses. The west side was having power issues. Most likely from the bombardment of the allies. The Captain on the other hand knew if the Griffins kept the allies occupied for too long on the east side, then the Griffins could repair the power issues on the west end of the fortress. After the final plan was cemented the people were exiting the room all except for two.

“Lieutenant.” Captain Moss called out.

“Yes sir.” the Spartan said.

“I know we all just agreed on our final assault but, you know the flaw with our plan.” Moss said. The Spartan looked at the holo-table for a second then turned back to Captain Moss.

“I do, sir. If we take too long to take the east side of the fort then the Griffins might restore power to the west side.” The Spartan said.

“Indeed. I’m pulling you from the assault. You’ll be infiltrating the west side of the fort and making sure the repairs are never complete.”

“Understood sir. I can assemble a tea-”

“Negative Spartan.” Captain Moss interrupted. “This one is a Spartan Mission only.”

“Sir?”

“Lieutenant, if we make a large presents there then the Griffins might find another way to set off the dentenation quicker. I have worked with Spartans before. You can do things even ODSTs can not. I am confident you will execute the mission easily.” Moss said. The Spartan took a moment to collect all they had discussed. In the end this mission was nothing new to him. Something he was trained to do and has done before against the Covenant.

“Understood sir.” The Spartan said.

“Very well. I will inform the Princesses that I have tasked you with something else. Now move out Spartan.” Captain Moss said.

“Yes sir.” The Spartan replied.

Thirty minutes later-

Lieutenant Jason-254

Jason looked out of the tent he was inside. He looked out as the soldiers were all leaving. The Spartan then walked back inside and prepared his gear. He grabbed two Frag grenades, two plasma grenades and a spike grenaded. He then grabbed the magazines and inserted them to the mag pouches in his armor. He then used his thumb to test the sharpness of his knife and inserted it in the sheath. Next he activated the hilt of his energy sword. The plasma blades hissed as they enlarged to length before being deactivated and placed on the magnetic weapon holder on the Spartan’s belt.

The Spartan then turned to the gun rack to pick out his weapons. His choices were the BR55HB, the M392 DMR, and the M6C/SOCOM in which he actually liked. After placing all of the guns in their mag holder the Spartan turned back. He stopped to find Princess Cadence standing at the tent’s doorway.

“Your highness. Shouldn’t you be in the infirmary?” The Spartan said.

“Shouldn’t you be in the final attack?” Cadence replied back.

“I am. Just on the west end of the fort.”

“Alone?”

“Yes.”

“Bu-but how can you?”

“Princess. Back in basic training we were told Spartans are the scalpel of the UNSC. We need precision. This is what I was trained for.” The Spartan said.

“And the Sergeant?” Cadence asked.

“Unfortunately this is a Spartan only mission. The ODST’s mission is just as crucial as mine.”

“Oh.”

“The west end will have fewer Griffins protecting the facility. Should be a breeze for me.” The Spartan said as he grabbed the Mjolnir CQB Helmet. “Excuse me Princess. I have a mission to do.” The Spartan said as he also grabbed a SRS99D-S2 AM.

“Understood Spartan. Please be careful.”
-------------------------------------
Twenty minutes later


Spartan-254 traversed through the trenches built by the Griffins and craters left behind from the bombardment. The Super-Soldier kept his body as low as he could keeping himself from being sighted. He began hearing gunfire and explosions coming from the east. This was his cue to begin his attack. He left the trench and rushed to a crater. He removed the muzzle breaker of the barrel and replaced it with a silencer. The super-soldier then aimed his rifle at the wall picking his targets.

One by one the Griffins fell to the Spartan. With his augmented senses the Spartan was able to readjust his aim quickly and reloaded at quick speeds. The Griffins were realizing what was happening just as they were being killed. Not long Jason was able to clear the top of the wall. He wasted no time and sprinted to the front door. He reached the door and spotted the keypad.

“Lilly?” The Spartan said.

“Yes Lieutenant.” The A.I replied.

“Think you can open this door?”

“One second Lieutenant.” Lilly said. The A.I wirelessly connected to the keypad and searched for the code. The key dials flashed five times before the door opened up. The doors slid to the sides revealing the interior of the first room. Inside the first room were about forty Griffin Knights ready to defend the facility.

“Fucking great.” The Spartan said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Meanwhile

Alex ran to one of the craters for cover as he dodge the barrage of bullets flying towards him. With him were two after ODSTs, Princess Twilight and Applejack. The ODST crawled to the ledge of the crater and aimed his Battle Rifle at the Griffin fortress wall. He aimed at two Griffin Knights and killed them. Alex then pushed himself back to avoid being hit.

“God damnit!” Alex shouted. “These guys are not going to give this place up!” The ODST looked at Twilight and Applejack. He noticed they were worried about the current situation they were in. “Guys.” Alex said. “I know we are in a bad spot. But we are so close. You are so close to ending this.” Twilight and Applejack looked at the ODST for a moment.

“I-I know Alex.” Twilight said. “I’m just… scared.”

“It’s going to be okay. I’ll lead the day.” Alex said. The ODST then made a call. “ This is Sergeant Garcia. We need some armor over here!” There was static for a minute followed by a response.

“I’m on you six Sergeant. Armor coming up!” The Marine said. Alex and the rest waited as the ground under them shook. A Scorpion tank rolled beside the crater the ODST and his group were in. The driver then adjusted the barrel of the tank towards the fort wall. A missile spun out the barrel and flew to the wall.


“Move up!” Alex shouted. “Stay behind the tank for cover!” Alex and his group followed close behind taking cover from the bullets. The ODSTs fired as they attempted to draw near the wall. One of the ODSTs heard a whistling coming towards them.

“MOTORS!” the ODST shouted.
----

Meanwhile

After clearing the room, the Spartan walked down the hallway towards the elevator. One of the doors was tilted while the second door was constantly opening and closing. As he approached it he noticed that the button pad was damaged. Of course it was not like a closed door ever stopped him. The Super-Soldier grabbed the door that was tilted and slid it into the side, while the second door he pulled it off its railing and threw it behind him. The Spartan entered the elevator as he patted his hands together trying to clean them. Spartan-254 read the button pad inside the elevator. He searched the level leading to the lowest level. He then looked out the elevator when the entire floor and ceiling shook. Shelves and pieces of the ceiling fell from the battle that was talking outside. The Spartan pressed the button and the elevator began to lower. Lilly then appeared on his HUD.

“Lieutenant?”

“Yes Lilly.”

“You do know that the lower floor is filled with enemy soldiers.” Said the A.I as she pulled out a schematic of the lower level. The Spartan studied the layout, memorizing the pathways and exits.

“I know Lilly. Are you scared?” Said the Spartan as he grabbed a grenade from his magnetic waist belt to inspect it quickly.

“N-no.”

“Good. How many enemy soldiers?”

“About 157 and 50 technicians.”

“Perfect. Once we reach the floor. I need you to hack their systems and block all the exits.”

“You do realize you’ll be trapped down here with them.”

“That’s where you’re wrong Lilly?” The Spartan returned the grenade to its place and reloaded his battle rifle. He then placed it on his back and grabbed his Energy Sword. The elevator door opened when they reached the floor. The Spartan walked past the doors and activated the energy sword. “They are all trapped here with me.”
------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex ran down the No Man's Land and slid to a turned over Warthog. Dirt and mud splashed all over his legs and covered his visor. The ODST quickly wiped the mud off his visor and raised his rifle. The Sergeant was separated from Twilight and the rest of his group. Alex moved to the turret side of the Warthog and peaked over the ledge. The soldier spotted a Griffin motor team in a trench. He analyzed his situation and looked at the turret. He knew he would have to reload at least twice and he was out of his SMG ammo. Alex aimed his Assault Rifle at some of the bolts and fired at them. Once broken the ODST broke the turret off its stand and rushed out from cover. The Griffin Knights were too preoccupied on their task to notice the lone ODST quickly coming towards them.

Fifty yards away from Alex was Twilight and Applejack who were in a mud filled crater. The mud reached up their thighs which made it difficult to move. Their weapons were also jammed and placed them in a dangerous spot. Applejack was able to pull herself out of the mud and picked herself up just enough to peak above the ground. In the distance the farmer saw Alex rushing to the enemy while carrying a turret. Not long after Twilight was able to free herself and join Applejack near the top of the crater. The two witness the ODST take out the Griffin Motor team in seconds. Unfortunately the two women didn’t notice four Griffin Knights approaching them.

“HALT!” One of the Griffin Knights shouted. The four aimed their rifles at them. “You are now prisoners of the Griffin Kingdom. You’re coming wit-” The Knight was not able to finish his sentence as for the four Knights were killed by the other two ODST that were with them. One of the helljumpers approached them

“Are you okay?” The ODST said.

“Yes we’re just fine.” Twilight replied. “Our guns are jammed.”

“Understood. We’ll fall back towards one of the other tanks to replace your weapons.”

“What about the Sergeant?”

“He seems to be doing just fine.” The other ODST said. “Come on. We need to get you to safety.”

“O-okay.”
------------------------

Meanwhile

The Spartan ran towards a Griffin Knight who was rushing him with a sword. With his Energy Sword activated the super-soldier jumped over the smaller human as the Spartan cut his head off. Jason then jabbed the sword into the chest of another Knight and then spun and kicked a third soldier. Up above a balcony one of the Knights stared in shock and fear as he could not comprehend how the Spartan was moving so quickly. To him the Super-Soldier seemed to be a blur. Half the time not being able to see the full body of the behemoth human.

Jason placed his Energy Sword on a weapon holder and grabbed his pistol. The Spartan then fired three rounds at a breaker box to his right causing a section of the facility lights to turn off. The super- soldier took the opportunity to take cover and reload all his weapons.

“Damn it!” A Griffin Knight shouted. “Quick. Flashlights on now! You Private! Get the grenade Launcher!” Another Griffin rushed beside his commanding officer. The Knight scanned the area when the lights were turned off. Desperately searching for the Super-soldier.

Jason, still behind cover, looked over the ledge to analyze the situation. Unlike the Griffins using their flashlight, Jason on the other hand was able to see in the dark due to his augmentations. The Spartan reached to the left of his mag holder and picked out a Type-1 Anti-personnel Grenade. Or better known to the UNSC. A Covenant Plasma Grenade. When Jason picked his target he pressed the center button to vent the coolant inside the grenade. The Spartan then threw the grenade as the coolant vented while giving out a slight glow. The Griffin Knight saw the plasma grenade but was too close to react. The grenade hit the knight in the helmet and stuck on him. The Knight attempted to remove the plasma grenade but couldn’t. His commanding officer tried to assist him but ended up getting stuck too. The grenade then whined up before exploding. A light-blue explosion killed six Griffin Knights and the blast killed four others. After the explosion the Spartan left his cover and rushed out of the dark and attacked the last Griffins. Soon after the Spartan looked at his time clock.

“Damn. Lilly.” Jason said.

“Yes Lieutenant.” Lilly said as she appeared on the Spartan’s HUD.

“How is the east side attack looking?”

“Visuals show the allies are at the front doors of the east side of the fort.”

“Seems like the fighting will end soon.”

“It might be Lieutenant. We still have to take care of our end.”

“Then let's get going.”

Author's Note:

And here it is. Five years later. I am so sorry. Next chapter will not take five years to update. Feel free to point out mistakes as for this chapter is unedited.

Sorry for making you wait.

Comments ( 7 )

11304123
Voidrunner, finally found what the description reminded me of, no thanks to the janky-as-hell library lists, not only repeating results but doing so in a random order, anyway, Voidrunner has basically the same story beats described in the description of this story, but is finished and was very nice to read

Glad to see that you are back!

11695317
sort of. i will start the next chapter sometime next week

I've been a big fan of this story since the beginning of it. I thought it was abandoned for a while, only for an update after 5 years. I'm glad you are still working on it. It just shows that you can achieve anything you put your mind to. Keep up the good work.

11695482
Thanks for sticking around and sorry for the long wait. Glad you're enjoying the story

HOLY CRAP ITS ALIVE!!!!

Comment posted by Sunkiller deleted Sep 18th, 2023
Login or register to comment