• Published 23rd Sep 2013
  • 11,044 Views, 351 Comments

Another Kind of Humanity - SPkon107



An ODST discovers humans who are not part of the UNSC.

  • ...
58
 351
 11,044

Chapter Four: An ODST's job never ends (Unedited)

Alex placed his helmet and he ran to the aid of the women who was shot. She was held her hand over the wound as she was bleeding heavily. The entry wound seemed to miss her stomach and intestine Alex removed his life pack and he searched for a familiar medical treatment. He called out a name.

“Applejack!” she rushed to the ODST and she kneed down. “I need you to grab a few gauzes. We’ll need them.” Applejack opened a first aid kit and pulled out about seven packs of gauzes. She opened the packets as Alex unlocked a container with a nozzle then he pulled out a pair of pliers. He looked at the woman and said to her. “This is going to hurt so just bare with me ok.” She nodded slowly. He inserted the pliers she groaned in pain. He removed the bullet and he quickly applied the bio-foam as AJ removed blood from the surrounding area. “There.” He looked up at the farmer. “Get her to a hospital. This treatment is to hold the injury in place and it lasts for a few hours.”

“But what about ‘ya?”

“I’ll be fine. I’ve fought things bigger, stronger, and uglier than these guys.” He stood up and he passed his life pack to the farmer. He also gave her an earpiece. “Contact me as soon as possible. I might need some back up.” He turned around. The school had suffer some damaged as well. The main door was on the floor and a few of the windows were shattered. The ODST look towards the forest.

As Alex wondered in the Everfree Forest he wished he had his squad along with him not that he couldn’t handle the situation. But there was no way in hell these bastards were going to be able to fight a team who is trained to kill a Sangheili or a Jiralhanae obviously they are stronger than an average human. He stopped at a river that on the other side had two paths. He inspected the paths carefully. The one on the left had a sigh that was in a different language kind of like Polish. But as he looked on the path there were no foot prints. The other path was covered in foot print.

“Right it is. Good thing I gave that farmer an earpiece or she might not be able to find me.”
Alex began to slow down as the foot tracks were becoming harder to spot due to the dense trees. Be activated his lights activated the motion-tracker on his datapad but, was out of range. He continued to walked slowly until he heard voices coming from the direction the Corvette crashed. He approached the scene and he slowly looked through a bush. He saw the Griffins pushed the kids into a corner. He finally found Twilight. A Griffin Knight kick a child to the ground. Twilight pushed the man.

“Stop you’re hurting them!” she swung at the Knight but, he backswing and dropped Twilight to the ground. One of the children shouted.

“Princess Twilight.” Alex said to himself.

“Princess?” he looked the area to find the best place to sneak in. He saw that the thrusters of the ship had the highest elevation making perfect for a sniper. The closest to a sniper was his Battle Rifle. He snuck around the area avoiding himself from being spotted. He finally reached the rear of the ship and he entered through a hole in the hull.

When he entered the hallways were nearly destroyed from the fall. Wires hung down from ceiling or from the sides, metal pieces were blown off and, the floor had craters that exposed the mechanics of the ship. The ODST also found one or two dead bodies from the Covenant. Not looking where he was going he tripped over a dead Jackal. He picked himself up and he looked back. He noticed the weapon that once belonged to the alien. Smiling with a sinister grin he picked it up.

“This will do.” He inspected the weapon to make sure it was still in working condition. His left thigh armor had a magnetic weapon holder as well for when he used two weapons at once. He continued to walk forward. The elevation of the ship began to rise he was using the surroundings for leverage. His radio finally went off.

“H-llo. Alex do ‘ya h-r me?”

“I hear you Applejack. But you need to walk closer up north. Static is making it hard to hear.” It was silent for a few second.

“How about now?”

“Still hear a lot of noise but, I can hear you.”

“Ah contacted the Princess and they’re on their way with an air-ship.”

“Negative AJ. Tell them to come to my position on foot.”

“Why. With the air ship we’ll be able to go in faster.”

“That may be true but, you’ll be endangering Twilight and the children if they see the ship. I’m already in the area.”

“Understood. Anything else?”

“Yeah. Don’t call me for a few minutes. Give me about fifteen minutes.”

“O…kay.”

“Thanks over and out.”
After he finished he jumped onto a cable to climb to the top. Nothing but dead bodies on the other floor as he climbed up. He was near the ledge until the cable began to snap. He looked up and the sideways he used his legs to swing around. Before the rope finally broke Alex was already on the ledge. He climbed onto the floor and then onto his feet. A damaged wall was covering the only exit. Alex kicked the door once to see how solid it was.

The walls were not the same before the battle at Earth. After one more swift kick the wall finally gave in. He walked outside and he looked down to look for the leader of the Griffins. He looked to his right to see a dead Elite Ranger. He turned it over and removed the jetpack and he placed on his back. He pulled out the Covenant Beam Rifle and he zoomed in on what he assumed was the leader.

“You already have bullets. Let’s see how you like highly concentrated plasma you fucker.” He pulled the trigger. The beam of energy flew out of the barrel of the rifle and into the air until it plunged through the helmet like butter. He body jerked to its left. When the body fell Alex fired the rest of the ammo. The Griffins scattered while Twilight and children took cover behind a random piece of armor of the Corvette. Alex accidently shot two beams quickly causing the weapon to overheat. “Damn it! Oh well.” He threw the weapon to the bottom. “Out of ammo anyways.” Two Griffins noticed Alex on the top and one of them shouted.

“Look! Up on this wreckage!” the Knight next to him fired his Rocket Launcher. The ODST noticed the rocket.

“SHIT!” he jumped off the ledge he activated the jetpack. He landed safely. He dropped the jetpack on the ground and he took cover behind one of the armor of the Corvette. The enemy began to open fire. Alex grabbed a grenade and he blindly threw it behind the cover. The device exploded killing three within the radius. Twilight leaned out of the cover to see the action but immediately hid back when a bullet almost hit her. Alex fired his Battle Rifle trying to scatter the enemy so it would be easier to take out the enemy. AJ called right on time.

“Alex ‘ya there?”

“Yes I’m here. How far are you guys?” he fired three more bursts.

“Well we’re about one hundred yards. We can already hear the gunfire.”

“When you catch sight of the GKs I want you to give them hell. I saw Twilight hiding behind a piece of Covenant armor.”

“Got it.” Alex continued to fire from behind the cover. Finally Equestrian Guards charged out of the bushed and they opened fire on the Griffin Knights. Now being attacked from both sides most of the Knights were killed in the battle while only three duck down and surrendered after the gunfire has seized. Twilight and the children exited out of the cover. The guards searched the children for any injuries. Alex slowly walked towards Twilight who was carrying a child from behind the metal plate. When Twilight placed girl on the ground she turned around. Alex was standing watching her. She ran to him and hugged him. Tears began to fall. “It’s ok Twilight.” Alex saw the little girl whose mother was injured. After Twilight finally released him He walked up to the little girl and he crouched down. “Hey.” She was crying but stilled answered.

“Ye-yes.” He removed his helmet.

“You ok?” she shook her head. “Figured. Hey.” He lifted her head. “Your mom is ok.”

“H…wh…”

“I treated her wound. She’s in the hospital thank to her.” He motioned his head pointed towards Applejack. “You want to go see her?” the girl nodded. “Let’s go.” Alex held the girls hand and they began making their way towards Ponyville Hospital. Applejack and Twilight just stared at the moment.

“Applejack?”

“Yeah Twi.”

“What just happen? He’s been her for a day and he’s been well…”

“Like a hard ass. Yeah and?”

“Well… why the change? D…do you think the scene reminded him from his war?”

“Ah… don’t know why.”


Alex and the girl were in the room where the mother was asleep with her daughter beside her. Alex just sat on a chair while the two were resting peacefully on the bed. She had thanked him and the only response Alex gave her was.

‘Don’t thank me. It’s what I do.’

He exited the room to leave the two to sleep and he walked out of the building. When he exited Princess Celestia and the six Elements were outside waiting along with a group of guards. He approached Celestia and he asked.

“Why the guards?”

“If you think I’m here to arrest you well you’re wrong.”
“I’m just asking. It would be pretty stupid if you arrested me for save children and well her?” he pointed at Twilight.

“Yes. Twilight told me what you did and how you treated the child. Why?”

“It’s what I do. We risk our lives to save others.”

“Are you sure there isn’t anything else behind your story?” He sighed

“So even if there was what do you care?” He walked pass her.

“You are correct Corporal. It is none of my business but, we thank you Corporal.” He stopped. “I know you rejected my request but, you have seen this. And I ask again. Will you help me win this war?” after thinking for a long moment he said.

“Only if you agree the UNSC terms.” He turned around. “When my Navy arrives you will meet with my superiors and you will be allied to the UNSC. We’re still fighting the Covenant and we need all the troops we can get through the grinder.” His offer shocked Celestia. She was already at war with the Griffin Kingdom. Yet again she will be allied with humans that can destroy a whole battalion of primitive warriors without dropping troops into a head on battle.

“I will discuss it with Luna and Cadence.”

“Knowing that you are going to speak with the princesses think you should speak to Twilight as well.”

“You know?!”

“I heard one of the kids calling her a princess. I want an answer as quickly as possible. Until then I will help but, if you decline then once the ship is ready I will leave. I’ll give you a week.”

“Understood.”

“Good. If I am going to stay and help then I’m going to need more supplies. If you’re willing to join me to my Pelican.”

“Why?”

“I want to talk over my engagements.”

“Of course but…why?”

“I need to know all of the positions that the enemy is set.”
“Very well but, we should probably talk in the library.”


“After you.” The group turned around to walk back towards Twilight’s home. Twilight kept her eyes locked onto the ODST. She couldn’t stop thinking about his change of attitude. The fact that he was so defensive the day before didn’t make since.

“AHHH!” the Lieutenant trip over a random barrel. Alex stopped and he extended his arm to help her up. She slightly blushed before she grabbed him hand. When Alex pulled her onto her feet she kept looking at him. Even though she wasn’t able to see through the polarized visor Alex was a little uncomfortable with the woman’s glare.

“Um…are you ok?”

“Huh?” she shook her head. She said quickly. “Yes I’m ok!” she rushed past him while covering the side of her face with her right hand.
Alex said to himself. “That was wired?”

In the treehouse the elements, ODST and, Princess Celestia were sitting around. Alex has met almost the entire Mane six besides Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. The ODST removed his helmet and he placed it on the table.

Alex said. “Ok Celestia what is the biggest problem you have on the Griffin Knights?”

“The roots of our war will be given to you later on.

“Ok then tell me when was you last major battle.”

“Well our last large battle was the Battle in Manehatten. We have most of Equestria secured. Mexicolt on the other hand is in Griffin control. We managed to push them back into the capitol city fort. But they are holding their ground very well.” When she mentioned city fort the ODST knew exactly what she meant.

“City fort? As in an entire city surround by walls and being used as a fort.”

“Correct.”

“And the civilians?”

“They were evacuated before the enemy took total control.”

“Ok. Before we continue I need to have an accurate scan of the area. Where is this city located.”

“In the south passing the mountains.”

“Ok. Give me a minute.” The ODST stood up and he exited out of the room. When the door closed behind him Rainbow Dash stood up and said.

“Are we really going to trust this guy?! For all we know he can be a spy for the Griffins!” Although she did not like the tone of the bearer of loyalty. Celestia took a deep breath and said calmly.

“I understand your concern Lieutenant Dash but, from what Corporal Garcia have told us. He has been fighting in a war for the past nine years and obviously he has more experience than the entire Royal Guard.”

“Wait-wait-wait. You believe him?”

“Why not?”

“Yeah well I don’t! He may have convinced you all but, not me!” Alex finally returned. He walked to the table and he placed a device on the center and he activated the holo-map. A digital city surrounded by walls appeared. Everyone except Alex was surprised. After admiring the images Twilight asked.

“Um…Alex is…this…”

“Eeyup. This is an accurate map of the city you guys told me about.”

“If only we had this. We would have won the war a long time ago.” Alex bolted back.

“Yeah well don’t get your hopes up.” Celestia added to the conversation.

“If we can start. Manehatten is in need of aid. Princess Cadence is going to travel to the ruined city tomorrow and she needs a special kind of guard. A soldier who’s capable to of facing a group of Griffin Knights on his own.” Alex analyzed.

“Let me get this straight. You want me to protect one of the princesses.”

“Yes. If we start losing support then we will lose the war? Giving aid might give faith to the

civilians.”

“But I have to ask. If she’s basically protected by guards everyday why do you want me to do it? I can’t be any different. Won’t I be doing the same thing?”

“As I stated. She need protection. If you are the part of the Special Forces that you claim then I will you will not fail me. You have a big advantage.”

“And what will that be?

“The enemy does not know your style of fighting.”

“Don’t think there’s much difference. Yes we fight against an enemy that uses energy base weapons but, it not much different than projectile weapons. You pull a trigger something comes out of the barrel and then it hit something. Difference is that one burns like hell if it’s not a kill shot. And trust me it hurts.”

“I am aware of that but; your strategies might differ slightly. I’ll leave it to you.”

“Hope I don’t get caught in too much combat. I’m limited on supplies. I might have to make a stop on the Plower later on.” Not know what she meant she just followed along.

“Do what you need to fight. You will depart tomorrow.” The General-Princess rose from her seat.

“I want you to arrive at the Crystal Empire early. From there Princess Cadence and Shining Armor will give you more Intel.”

“Alright.”

“Twilight and her friends will accompany you since they have to secure the borders with Captain Shining Armor.”

“Got it.”

“I wish you luck.” She exited the room. As soon as the door closed the ODST asked.

“So what do we do for the rest of the day?” Twilight responded.

“Not sure. Whatever you want to do?”

“Ok.” He stood up. “I think I’ll take a shower. I want to clean my armor before tomorrow.” Everybody besides the shock trooper was shock when the librarian said.

“Why it’s going to get dirty again.”

“It called being presentable. Also I have nothing better to do. The majority of UNSC personnel clean one of the two things. Their weapons, or battle armor. We take it as our passing time.”

“How about reading?” beside her the rainbow haired female said.

“Seriously? Why do you ask that Twilight. This guy or maybe all of his people are all meatheads.” Alex stated.

“If my people as in maybe including this world as well. Why so we have spaceships that can travel using slip-space jumps while you guys barely achieved aerospace flight.”

“Well…um.”

“Exactly. And yes I do read from time to time. We still have books that are before the nineteenth century. Shit we still have book from even further back in time.” Twilight was just staring with amusement. “You ok Twilight?”

“Huh… oh yeah I’m…fine. It’s just that well I love to read. You wouldn’t happen to have a book on you.”

“No. Mainly due to the reason that I have travel from planet to planet. Carrying books with you will
be a hassle. But…” Alex walked to his life-pack and pulled out a data-pad similar to the one on his left forearm armor. “…some of my favorite books are in here.”

“In that?”

“Yup. It’s pretty cool with what you can do with technology.”

“May I?”

“Here go crazy.” She quickly snatched the device from the shock trooper.
She scanned the device not knowing what it does. When she caught a button on sight in the mid-bottom of the pad she pressed the button. The screen lit up.

“Thumbscan?” she looked up to Alex.

“Yeah you need my thumb for that?” he grabbed the datapad and scanned his thumb print. The screen unlocked. He went to settings to change the lock settings so the librarian would be able to read whenever she wanted to. “I change the setting so when you want to use it all you have to do is slide your finger to the side like this and the screen will unlock. It’s not like I have anything I don’t want you to see in this thing.”

“Are you sure.”

“Positive.” Alex returned the device to Twilight she unlocked the screen the way the ODST instructed her.
“I did it!” Alex let out a soft chuckle as if it was a young child that held her first data-pad for the first time. Twilight went on the main page. “You have over 90,000 books in this thing!” the rest of the women who were sitting around the table were just watching the scene.

“Well yeah. It’s all in the memory card inside the data-pad though the majority is just books that were already inside the device before it was given to me.”

“Do you have any favorites in here?”

“Yes I do. Click on where it says Fantasy favs. It’s one of my list”

“You do know favs isn’t a wo…”

“Do you want to read or not.”

“Ok-ok.” She did what she was told. “Lord of the Ring: The Fellowship of the Ring?”

“Yup. This book was published July in 1954 which roughly almost six hundred years ago.”

“W-s-six hundred year ago!”

“Yeah. You should read it. I know you’ll love it.” Alex walked out of the room to get some fresh air. Now that the librarian was busy with the data-pad. The ODST will not be bothered by questions.
It was approximately eight in the night. Few of the town’s residents were still outside enjoying the evening. He was about to lit a cigarette until a familiar rainbow haired woman stood next to him.

“Can I help you?” she said coldly.

“Yeah you can.”

“With what?”

“Well let’s see you come here. Drop a giant ship on the Griffins that nearly killed one of my closest friends, you fought the Royal Guards, you hold Twilight as a hostage, and she told me you disrespected the princess! In my book you deserve this!” Rainbow swung at Alex. The first swing actually hit him but, after that Alex was aware of the situation. Alex grabbed Rainbow’s right are and the slammed her against the wall.

“Would you cut it out!?”

“Let me go!”

“Not until you calm down!” she tried to push the ODST away from her. When she finally freed herself from Alex’s grip she continued to fight him. Not wanting to hurt a woman Alex only deflected every one of Rainbow’s move. The Lieutenant began to slow down as her strength began to fall. She was breathing heavily.

“H-how is it that you’re not tired?”

“I’m just used to it. Are you ready to talk?

“Ahhh! Let me go!”

“Not until you calm down!”

“FINE!” he held her against the wall for about five minutes until she was relaxed. He released her and the two sat down.

“Ready?”

“Fuck you.”

“If you going to be like that then fine. I don’t care. But if you pull another move like that then consider your arm broken.”

“Whatever.”

“You don’t care don’t what happens to you don’t you?”

“I only care for the safety of my friends.”

“So that’s the reason for punching me.” She looked away. “I know what you mean. I have to admit you’re really loyal towards your friends and that is something I respect. Thou next time don’t go accusing people for things like what happen yesterday.”

“Yeah…maybe I should work on that.”

“You do that. By the way I’m Corporal Garcia UNSC Marines. ODST Special Forces.”

“Lieutenant Dash of the Wonderbolts. Equestrian Royal Air Team.

“So a wingman.”

“Yup. How about you.

“Like I said. I’m Special Forces. The ODSTs are the first to go into battle.”

“So first feet into Tatarus.”

“Tatarus?”

“Yup.”

“I don’t follow.”

“You know. The place where bad people go if they’re bad while alive. You know Hell.”

“Oh! Ok. You could have just said that.”

“So what do you guys do?”

“Maybe I’ll tell you when I return for Manhattan.”

“You mean Manehatten.”

“Yeah whatever.”

“Well ok. But you better keep your word.”

“Will try.” The two exited the drop-ship at the same time when Twilight’s guests were leaving her house. The librarian asked Alex when she noticed Rainbow Dash leaving the Pelican.

“What happened between you and Rainbow?”

“Not much. She screamed at me I yelled at her she socked me across the face then I pinned her against the wall and promised her that if she ever did that again I’ll break her arm.”

“Wow someone’s friendly. Why are you so two dimensional.”

“What’s that supposed to me.”

“Come on you have a big day tomorrow.” Alex rolled his eyes and followed the librarian inside.

Author's Note:

Well here it is. Same situation. Still no editor. I did try to edit this myself but i think i can do so much since i don't know much on how to edit. i did use Google Docs to edit this which come of you guys recommended. Thank you for that. if there are still problems or mistakes on this let me know. I don't have much time in my hands and i am sure i have left a few errors here and there. thank you for reading and supporting.