• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 1,293 Views, 64 Comments

There's a Changeling On My Couch, and Other "Tails" From the Far North - Super Trampoline



Flashpan Alley saved Ereton Parallax's life. now she's bleeding on his couch. Conversation ensues. A collection of interconnected stories from the very, very cold mining colony of Sparkler

  • ...
5
 64
 1,293

Appendix B: Character List

Appendix B: Character List

A list of characters appearing in this story, in order of appearance. Will be updated with additional characters and illustrations as time goes on. Not too spoilery.

Piddly Drumsticks Jr.: Lived from 781-864 A.D.. Ones of Sparkler's native sons and a well known poet of the time. Composer of the official Ode To Sparkler. (Prologue)

Autumn Leaves: Unicorn immigrant to Sparkler. Mother of Flashpan Alley. Wife of Sea Swirl. (ch. 1)

Sea Swirl: Unicorn immigrant to Sparkler. Father of Flashpan Alley. Husband of Autumn Leaves. (ch. 1)

Death Whisperer: A very, very nasty dragon that breathes out carbon monoxide rather than flames. (ch. 2)

Pen Stroke: Unicorn in charge of adoption and other child services in Sparkler. Loves his job, hates the paperwork it requires. (ch. 3)

Winter Heart: Earth pony pharmacist, wife of Flintlock, adoptive mother to Flashpan. (ch. 3)

Flintlock Alley: Earth pony pharmacist, husband of Winter, adoptive father to Flashpan. His grandfather was a firearms manufacture in the Griffin Empire, thus the unusual name. (ch. 3)

Flashpan Alley (née Flashpan Leaves): Male earth pony with unusual magical abilities. Has a diplomacy cutie mark. Star of the story, and generally a good guy, though prone to sloppiness. Falls in love with Ereton Parallax. (ch. 3)

Wendy Skies: Female pegasus who is best friends with Flashpan, may or may not have a crush on him. Her uncle is a rising politician; her grandfather is Mayor of Sparkler. (ch. 8)

Moody Blues: A gentle giant of a unicorn, popular high school teacher, and mentor/tutor to Flashpan Alley. Married to Octavian Citrus. (ch. 14)

Pinkie Pie: Apprentice baker at Sugar Cube Corner, resident nutcase of Ponyville, and bearer of the Element of Laughter. May or may not be invading Flashpan's dreams through breaking the laws of the universe. (bonus ch.)

Ereton Parallax: (Pronounced AIR-ih-tun) Female Changeling in Sparkler. Almost lynched by a mob after her outing, saved by Flashpan. Disguised as a pegasus fudge maker named Vanilla Fudge. Falls in love with Flashpan. (ch. 20)

Her Royal Majesty Princess Celestia Solaris of Equestria: Divine demigoddess, alicorn, and co-ruler of Equestria. Has a fondness for tea, gentle ribbing, and remaining remarkably calm. (ch. 27)

Double Bubble: Ereton's confectioner rival. (ch. 28)

Sweet Pea: Pegasus Royal Guard tasked with protecting Ereton. Don't tease him about his name. (ch. 28)

Merry Weather Jr.: Pegasus Royal Guard also tasked with protecting Ereton. Don't let the name fool you; he's a lover, not a fighter. (ch, 28)

Comments ( 23 )

3345202 Though the Austraeoh Tetralogy is currently up to 646! Chapters. :rainbowderp: You should read it. I've read the first book (200 chapters) and it's fucking fantastic.

im on chapter 28....but for some reason...it doesn't feel like an accomplishment

...im gonna have to reread this whole fanfic once its gaps are filled

3415334 yeah, I know what you mean. It really is bad form on my part to write it this way, and for that I apologize.

3415929 at least its unique, which is hard to say on a fanfic site

3416399 I'll take that as a complement, in which case, thanks.

3416443 it was a compliment

It does feel strange to get to the second appendix after only a short amount of time, I'll give you that. Must say though, once it's all complete, this will be really interesting. I'll be watching and waiting for more.

3578936 I'm glad you eagerly await more. To understand why I work on this story the way I do, see this picture: i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/640/542/75f.png

3578955 I can appreciate that now that I've finally taken the plunge and decided to write something of my own. It's very apt.

4007399 your sarcasm befits your profile picture. :raritywink: And yes, I'll be the first to admit this is a common trope. That being said, there is a LOT of story I haven't written yet, some of which Ihope will take some pretty unusual turns.

4007399 Also, if you read the previous chapter (which I haven't written yet, so you'll have to wait :twilightblush:), you'll see he actively rescued her from a lynch mob; he didn't just find her.

4007421
4007468

Okay, fair enough, he rescued her, my bad, and I apologize for coming off as rude, but you must understand, I am someone who simply can't stomach the way ponykind is routinely bastardized into a species of racist douchebags, while changelings, this proud warrior species, is reduced to a bunch of simpering, wimpering woobies. The reason I hate it is because it's often done purely to get a knee-jerk reaction out of the reader and just makes us feel sorry for the "poor, misunderstood, victimized Changelings" over, over and over again. It's a massive staple of Changeling Apologism, a pitfall on its own because the Changelings are, and this will sound totally insane and illogical, so bear with me here: villains.

This really isn't even a shot at you at all; rather, the whole concept of 'evil fascist ponies and wimpering, victimized changelings' as a whole.

4019448 I completely dig what you're saying. Part of why Ereton is all the way out in the middle of nowhere in a bumf:yay:ck mining colony is that she is an outcast from her tribe. which again, I haven't written yet. I should probably get on that.

But yes, on my long term to-do list is to write a medium-short story with a changeling anti-hero who is an absolutely cunning psychopath. :pinkiecrazy:

So yeah, interesting start, interesting way of writing the story.
Keep going! ;)

4361934 thank you so much! It's good to see some renewed interest in it. My plans are for a complete overhaul in late July and August, get it EQD-worthy, then begin publishing chapters once a week. Estimated final length: 50k-80k. It's about the only really long project I have planned.

i>>6508771 Thank you for reminding me that someday I want to finish this.

8104316 I should really update this story

So I know you say this isn't dead, but it has not been updated for the better part of a decade. I just want to know if you are still planning to come back to this. It has been three years since someone asked.

10542596
Depends. Would you be interested in it coming back

10542892
Yes. It sounds very interesting and if I can help I would be glad to attempt to do so.

11125817
Yep. I should probably do a how this would have gone if I had written more blog post. Trying to write a novel is my first story was a very new writer thing to do LOL. I have other long and medium form stories that are abandoned from my first few years on the site before realizing that I was very bad at writing and finishing longer stories and switched mostly to one shots or serials with very little overarching plot I can update whenever

Login or register to comment