• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 1,290 Views, 64 Comments

There's a Changeling On My Couch, and Other "Tails" From the Far North - Super Trampoline



Flashpan Alley saved Ereton Parallax's life. now she's bleeding on his couch. Conversation ensues. A collection of interconnected stories from the very, very cold mining colony of Sparkler

  • ...
5
 64
 1,290

Chapter 14.5: Dinner for Two

Octavian Citrus looked at the clock. He looked at the table. He looked back to the clock. His husband was late. Again. But he found it hard to be angry. This happened three times a week when he was training that one colt. It wasn't like Moody was off having an affair with another mare. Or stallion in this case.

Thirteen minutes after 6 o'clock, Moody stumbled through the front door. "Hey, there's my Blueberry. How are you?" Octavian stood up and trotted over to plant a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey Tavi. Sorry I'm late again. You know how it is."

Octavian grinned. "That kid's quite a hooffull it seems, eh?"

"Flashpan? Yeah, he is. But he's something special too. Not too many earth ponies can levitate stuff, even if it's mostly just dirt and plants right now."

"Wow," his lithe husband replied. "That is impressive. Well, dinner is almost ready. Go wash up and then meet me here. It's spinach pasta, your favorite!"

Moody smiled and walked over to the shower to rinse off. "Thanks hun. Love you!"

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"So, Moody, what else are you two working on?" Octavian asked as he shoveled another bite into his mouth. "Teleportation? Gem divination? Growing wicked cool plants?"

"Heh, none of that yet actually," Moody smirked. "The thing is, he's an earth pony, but he seems to have unicorn abilities, except he can't access or channel them like a normal unicorn would. He has to retrain himself to use his powers like an earthen would. It's all rather complicated."

"Huh, fascinating," his partner responded. "So how is that going?"

"Right now, pretty slow. Currently I'm having him do a lot of reading on the subject actually. It's pretty dense material, but I think it's really important for him to understand what's going on so he knows how to work the unusual system, so to speak."

"Ah, I see, I see. DHS* is really lucky to have you as a teacher, aren't they."

"Maybe. I think I'm the one who is lucky. I get the chance to train the next generation of unicorns. Plus one earth pony."

"I'm so glad you got this job, so many years ago," Octavian said, looking wistful.

"I'm glad too. But I'm even gladder to have gotten you."

"Awww, you're so cheesy. I love you too."

They leaned over the table to kiss each other, and resumed eating.

Author's Note:

*Drumsticks High School

Hey look, slice of life.