• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 3,046 Views, 33 Comments

My Little Human: The Beginning - SSA



A simple rehash of the first 2 episodes, but just a "little" different.

  • ...
9
 33
 3,046

Epilogue

I awoke to voices. Slowly I opened my eyes to a bright light. Faces swam slowly into view. There was no pain, so at least that was good, or was it bad? I think it was bad, at least from the staying alive point of view.

'Twilight looks sad.' Was my first coherent thought, 'Why is Twilight sad, did something happen to Cadance? Or maybe it was her older brother? Did her parents forget her birthday again?' I was having trouble thinking, I just wanted to go to sleep.

"Don't..." 'Don't what Twilight? Don't worry? But I do worry, so don't cry, it's ok, you can retake it. I'll help you study, just don't cry.' Other faces swam into view, green and blue and magenta eyes looked worriedly down on me. 'Oh look, it's Fleuretta, she seems sad too. Did I fail a test again, maybe that's why Twilight was crying, maybe I was poisoned again, but don't worry, Fleuretta always carries an antidote.' My thoughts became heavier.

"...save... Princess?" Twilight asked. I heard another voice, 'Mom? What was she doing here?' I couldn't think any more, and I fell deeply into sleep.

"My powers have dwindled over the last 1000 years, but hers have grown stronger."
"I don't care, she can't touch him."
"Then you would let him die?"
[b"]No, but maybe I can..."
"That blade was fashioned of star metal and suffused with dark magic. There is nothing you can do."
"I just don't want him to die."

When I next awoke it was much more abrupt. My eyes snapped open and for a moment I was confused as to where I was. Then my training kicked in and I quickly assessed the room. Bookshelves lined most of the walls with room only for a bed and a desk besides. The bed was large and covered in a thick comforter even in the summer heat. No windows. One violet haired unicorn snoring lightly, head on the desk which had been turned to face the bed, a snub of a candle softly glowing next to her.

I licked my fingers and slowly reached over and put out the flame. The moment it was gone Twilight woke with a start and I heard the brass of the candle holder hit the ground. "Spike!" Though she couldn't see I heard her scramble around the desk and I braced myself as she threw herself upon me, crushing me to her. "I thought I had lost you." Truth be told, I though I had lost me too. "Everyone stayed here last night, even the Princesses." Wait, Princesses, plural? Nightmare Moon wasn't dead? My eyes widened and my blood started pumping as I stood quickly with Twilight in my arms.

This turned out to be a bad idea as I strained my abs and cramped my legs. Twilight essentially had to hold me up and staggered about in the pitch blackness until I heard her breath rush out at she hit a wall, then the click of a handle turning and light spilling in from the main library. The two of us staggered out onto the main floor and were blinded by the sunlight spilling into it from all the windows.

I heard them before I saw them. The crew was here to greet my arrival, alive, into the new day. They were all talking at once and very loudly. I gained my feet and let go of Twilight, though she kept hold of my hand. Perhaps to reassure herself that I was, indeed, alive.

Looking out at the crew, at my new friends, I had to smile. Pinkie was bouncing about and somehow she had gotten confetti. Rarity and Fleuretta were both beaming at me. Applejack gave me a tip of her hat, and Dash was shadow fencing and I think I heard awesome come out of her mouth at least 5 times. They all eventually fell silent and were staring at me like i was about to make a ground breaking speech. I didn't feel like I could talk quite yet so I settled for a thumbs up. This seemed to satisfy them as they all began cheering.

I was getting a bit embarrassed. The, "Good job Spike," And, "Way to go Spike!" Comments were quite flattering but I wasn't really in the right mindset to bask properly in it. My eyes raked the room until they came upon the Princesses. They were seated in two plush chairs set against one wall, facing each other and speaking quietly. I tried to call dragon fire, just in case, but I was running on empty.

When the pair noticed that I was staring they looked back at me. I felt little of their presence and no malice in it, but I would not be deceived. My claws extended and I widened my stance as they approached me. "Good morning Spike, it's nice to see that you are awake." Celestia spoke softly, "We did not know if my sister's treatment would work."

"Your sister's treatment, Princess?" I looked at the one I used to call Nightmare. She had changed since I last saw her, but it was clearly the same person. Her skin was now simply dark blue, like the dark guard's. Her eyes were not clouded with hate. Then I noticed her clothing. A simple royal blue number that covered from neck to ankle. This prompted me to look at my own attire. Green shorts and a violet t-shirt. I should probably be embarrassed about someone having changed me out of my armour but I just couldn't dredge up the energy.

Luna, for that must be who she is now, nodded to me. "Our sister has weakened in Our absence and was unable to clean thine blood of the dark poison. As such, the task fell to Us. We hope you are not displeased." She nodded to me again, deeper this time, almost a bow.

I looked back at the girls as Celstia motioned for them to step forward. They lined up behind me, Twilight coming to my side and preening in the Princesses gaze. "Twilight Sparkle," The Princess spoke to my sister, "I have taught you much about magic, but little of friendship or the world outside your library. In this way I have crated the greatest archanist since Starswirl the Bearded, but it is time that you learn the things which I cannot teach you. Things like living, loving, and learning from those around you. For this reason, I wish for you to stay here, and learn these things which I cannot teach, do you understand."

Twilight looked overjoyed, "Yes Princess." She enthused.

"Now, Spike." I snapped to attention, standing straight and looking her directly in the eye, "You showed great skill last night, with a blade and with your mind. You stood your ground in front of Nightmare Moon and not only did you survive, you emerged victorious." She paused for the refusal that she knew was coming.

"But I lost. Lost the battle and lost control of the beast. I forgot all of your training and advice and simply ran rampant."

"Did you? Did you abandon your sister in her time of need? Did you forsake your duty to protect her? Did you fight beyond all reason in a battle you could not win? No Eshkhan, you stood your ground and you fought like a prince. You emerged victorious because you did control the beast. Because you were strong enough, because you were good enough to know who you truly are underneath those spines and claws." She knelt down, coming face to face with me, "You are a true hero, not one who fights monsters and saves cities, but one who can control the monster within himself, even in the worst of times, even when all seems lost and the darkness closes in, you stood as yourself, not as some beast to be slain." She leaned forward and placed a small kiss upon my brow, "You stood as my son and Twilight's brother. You stood as Eshkhan Vishap, the prince of dragons." She stood and stepped back.

"Which is why we have decided to grant you the greatest of honours." She looked back at the girls. This is when I felt fingers lightly touch my shoulders, neck, and arms. The girls were lightly pressing their fingers into any exposed skin they could find. Twilight stepped in front of me, holding her staff and looking a bit nervous. "You know of the six primary elements. Leadership." My left hand was squeezed, "Mercy," A slight pressing into the back of my neck, "Understanding," A light tickle at my left elbow, "Focus," The tiniest of twitches at my right elbow, "Courage," My right hand was nearly crushed, "And Magic." Twilight smiled at me.

"There are, however, two more Elements. One, Duty, is an element which can be broken up among the guards and allow the wielders of the Elements to draw on the powers of those who feel it is their duty to protect them. Unfortunately these young ladies don't seem to have many personal guards." Celestia smiled at the group, "But there is one other Element. One meant for someone very special to the wielder's hearts, someone very much like you, Eshkhan. This Element was created for a dragonkin who's nature did not make him a beast but rather a hero. The Element of Control. I have suggested that this Element be given to you, Eshkhan, and the girls have agreed." I was dumbstruck at her words, I couldn't even move.

"Twilight, if you will do the honours." Twilight nodded enthusiastically as her teacher and stepped toward me.

"Don't worry Spike, it won't hurt... Too much." Then she gave me an uncharacteristic wink and touched her staff to my forehead. I felt power radiating up and down my arms. Pins and needles spread from where each girl was touching me until my entire body felt like it was vibrating on the atomic level. A blissful light filled my body before fading, leaving behind the feeling of a small band of metal encircling my head.

Celestia smiled and reached out to ruffle my spines, "A nice little circlet for my little dragon prince."

"Go to sleep."
"No."
"C'mon, go to sleep."
"No."
"I'm tired, let's go to sleep"
"I don't want to"
"Oh, c'mon, act your age"
"Says the 10 year old."
"Fine then, see if I wake you up the next time you fall asleep during a test."
"No, wait, I'm coming."
"That's what I thought."

I watched as the royal chariot sped off towards Camelot, the Princesses last words bringing a smile to my face. "Hey, Spike, we're gonna go celebrate not being dead and stuff, come on and join us." Pinkie bounced up to me.

"Certainly, but just one thing." She looked over at me, "I never actually got to hear your real name, it couldn't possibly be Pinkie Pie."

"It isn't," She looked kinda glum, "My full name is Pinkamena Diane Pie." I looked at her sharply and she looked back at me. Then I smiled. She scowled a bit. As my smile grew wider her scowl deepened, the I burst out laughing. She got a bit upset at that, "It wasn't funny the first time and it's not funny now!" She exclaimed, but that just made me laugh harder. This was going to be a fun place to live.

Author's Note:

Done. What do you think? Should I continue with this universe? Keep some things but change others? Leave your opinion in the comments.

Comments ( 21 )

More please. I like this story. With a more mature and badass Spike. There are a lot of possibilities with this kind of universe and I want to see a Spike shipping but please no Sparity.

SSA

2968887
Sparity isn't my favourite either. I'm more a fan on applespike and spikedash. I may continue with the universe, I just need some inspiration.

2969073 You can always talk to me. I'm doing a human dragon blood Spike story as well some we can bounce ideas off of each other. How about when Dash enters the flying competition they out that Spike is also entering it or we could have a shipping such as Vinyl or Octavia. Maybe Spike meets his old friend Fancy Pants and gets him interested in Rarity. How about he talks to the dragon in Dragonshy in the old dragonkin language after the main six have their chance and with the help of Shy gets him to leave. There are a lot of stuff you can do with an older more powerful Spike in the canon timeline of sorts

SSA

2975488
just keep reading, I clarify it all within the story.

SSA

2975553
You sound kinda like my old English teacher. Big German guy by the name of Fischer. Gave a half hour lecture on there, their, and they're. You'd think more of his lessons would have stuck with me.

2975533
Just finished it. Still not 100% clear, sorry. So the pegasi can manifest magic wings, but there still isn't an indication as to what sets unicorns apart.

SSA

2975647
Here. Wings are now manifested by a tattoo on the back out of which extends a sort of energy sail which they can use to fly. These, however, are too weak to hold more than the flyer and one other person, thus the flightcycles were made. Regular humans have a subtle magic which they cannot control and gives them bonuses to growing things and stamina. Humans and Peagasi, however, cannot learn the higher magics such a levitation or teleportation. That is the jurisdiction of unicorns. Other creatures, such as actual dragons, dragon kin, and, perhaps later, buffalo, can use similar magics or be taught them, though it doesn't come as naturally.

2975674
Like I said, maybe this needs to work its way into your prologue. I think it would help readers get a feel for the setting.

2969073>>2968887
Ship Spike with Luna please.

Aww man! I was kind of hoping the pegasister would get stronger wings, the unicorns stronger magic, and the earth ponies just better at what the do. i.e. pinkie even crazier, aj better with harvesting and whatnot, shy able to talk to animals, twi even better at magic, rari even better at dress making, and most importantly dash with feather wings or something that she could really fly with! Also dash is a prodigy. I bet she could be a weather captain at sixteen. Besides, I can't even imagine her going to... School.

To quote my colleague in love of this story: MOARR!!! MOARR!!! MOARR!!!

Continue the story!

SSA

2984366
Well, it is canon that she and Fluttershy went to flight school together, so I just took it a step further in that she must have some sort of credentials to be the weather pony for an area directly outside the Everfree forest where, "The clouds move all on their own."

Will there be more in this universe?

SSA

3009798
Most certainly, I've already added a second story to the universe, though it's by no means a sequel: My Little Human: Disjointed Memories

I really enjoyed this story, I especially enjoyed Spike's POV, so I'm definitely about to read your other story.

SSA

3355628
Um, there are wings. Isn't there a place where I specifically say "She extends her wings into the flightcycle."?

oh yea
Well... Im surprised i even came back to this page rdally... I already read it and... Oh yea, forgot to thumbs up>>3357685

So Pinkie gets a scouter, I expect an Oer 9000 moment for that.

Login or register to comment