• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 3,046 Views, 33 Comments

My Little Human: The Beginning - SSA



A simple rehash of the first 2 episodes, but just a "little" different.

  • ...
9
 33
 3,046

Chapter 9 or An Understanding Heart and a Cheerful Demeanor

The forest was growing darker as we approached the center, creepier too. A silence reined on our small group, that is, it did for about 10 seconds before Pinkie started whistling, quite shrilly. I was starting to get on my nerves when we arrived in a small glade. I stopped them with a raised hand, "This looks suspicious, it's probably a trap."

"Ooh, a trap, I love traps, they're like a surprise party, let's goo~" And with that, Pinkie sprang into the glade. I think they moved before they though, following after her. Left no choice, Twilight and I followed. It wasn't long before I was proven right. As we entered the approximate center of the area a red spore like substance began drifting up out of the grass. A quick smell and I had to lock down by body and mind.

A kind of despairing rage began to fill me and the world began to take on a more hopeless tone. I wanted to lash out, to make those around me feel my pain. The only thing stopping me from pulling my blade was the Princesses training. I began to reign in my emotions and thoughts, trapping them within myself so that my body could go to work scanning the area for threats.

I didn't even register what I was doing until my hand met with Fleuretta's wrist as she tried to plunge a dagger into Dash's side. I could see that they were both crying, Fleuretta in anger and Dash in pain. Dash must have been thrown by her flightcycle, and it looked like a few ribs were broken, and possibly her collar bone, from the way she whined and tried to stay still.

From the corner of my eye I spotted Twilight, hugging and muttering to herself, rocking gently against the ground. I couldn't see Rarity or Pinkie, but I felt a tickle in my throat and a sing song murmuring from behind me. That tickle was really irritating me, either I had to find the source or the Princess should just send her damn message already. Fleuretta was trying to get her wrist out of my hand, but was to enraged to do anything but pull at it. Then the singing grew louder.

It was clearly Pinkie's voice, but it had strange harmonics in it. The song was in a different language, one I had not heard before, but with all magical incantations, the meaning was transmitted in the feeling it spread. It spoke of peace and understanding. A knowledge of our pain and anger, and an understanding and forgiveness that soothed our hearts. Fleuretta went limp and I was able to look around. The first and last thing I noticed was Applejack's foot connecting with my head.

I think i blacked out for a moment because when my head stopped spinning I was cradled against Applejack's chest. It would have been a nice feeling if not for the whole head injury thing. "C'mon now, Ah didn't hit ya that hard. Wake up ya here?" I didn't really want to get up, I knew my head would just hurt worse, so I manipulated her a little. I groaned and pressed myself further into her embrace, trying to buy for some time. She blushed prettily, but my time ran out when Twilight strolled over and picked me up. For someone only slightly taller than myself she was pretty strong, setting me on my feet with only the lightest of grunts.

I wobbled a bit. Hey, even I can't be invincible and that woman has some legs on her, she kindly let me lean on her shoulder as we moved further into the woods. I should wear a helmet around her from now on.

Author's Note:

Another short chapter. I think that I'll make the final scene one big chapter before the epilogue. Thinking of adding a character synopsis at the end of the story, see if you like how I've re-imagined them,