• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 3,046 Views, 33 Comments

My Little Human: The Beginning - SSA



A simple rehash of the first 2 episodes, but just a "little" different.

  • ...
9
 33
 3,046

Chapter 7 or A Leader in Times of Trouble

"Twilight," I whispered, "Why did you ask them to come with us, they could get killed."

She looked over at me, "Firstly, there are 5 Elements of Power that are easily usable, I doubt I can use them all and I really doubt that you can use even one, having been created for our use. in addition, they provide a buffer zone between myself and anything that attacks."

"Cold, sis, that's cold." She shrugged, and we kept moving.

The forest was darker than the canopy would lead you to believe, only thin streams of moonlight filtering through, even on the path we followed. There were several cliffs on the left and right, going up and down. This area's topography didn't make any sense as I could tell. It's like the land had been cut into hundreds of pieces and then had the heights of all the pieces randomized. We eventually came to a steep slope which dropped off into a ravine below. The path disappeared over the edge of a small overhang and we could see that the path continued down the slope.

I mentioned the topography and Applejack nodded as if she had seen the same, "This place is unnatural, it doesn't work like the rest of the world."

"What does that mean?" Twilight asked, practically pulling out a notebook.

"No one knows, because no one," Dash whispered over to use, "No one has ever come out of this forest."

Pinkie shrieked, jumping far higher into the air than she should have and said, "I want to leave, now!"

A tickle, and a crumbling sound, were the only warnings for the overhang cracking and beginning to fall down the slope.

Dash used her flightcycle to keep air born and Fleuretta extender her wings. I had never seen a regular pegasus extend their wings before, only Celestia, and then only a few times. I wish I had time to admire them but I was a bit busy trying to recover my balance in time to stop myself from falling to my death. I got the impression of huge energy sails of translucent yellow mist, but then I caught a root and halted my fall quite painfully.

Twilight's scream caught my attention as Applejack dived for her, catching her just as she fell over the cliff. "Dash!" she screamed, "Pinkie's fine, get down here! Shy, get Rarity before she hurts herself!" A quick glance told me that Rarity was trying her best not to die and not get dirty at the same time. I think my eye and the corner of my mouth twitched at the same time. A quick slide found me helping Applejack back to her feet and looking across the ravine. Looked like the path continued on the other side.

A teleportation spell could do it, but Twilight was the only one that could pull that off. So I flagged down Dash and asked for a lift. She pointed to some footholds in the back of the bike. Applejack, Rarity and I would be able to cross at the same time. Twilight was already asking what was taking so long and Fleuretta flapped noiselessly above us.

"Quick thinking back there." I commented to Applejack, "Where'd you learn to take control like that?"

She smiled at me, "On Th' farm we gots to make sure everybody gets their work done on time, so I keep everybody in line 'n' make sure none o' them gets any funny ideas 'bout nappin' on the job."

"You seem quite good at it."

"Aww, it's a gift, somthin' Big Mac can't do, him being shy an' all."

"I can understand that. If I don't make Twilight socialise on a regular basis she'd never leave the library."

"Really, that bad?"

"That woman knows more about stuff than any person alive or dead, save Celestia... and no Nightmare Moon, I guess."

"Hmm, make you think."

Author's Note:

Kind of an abrupt end to this chapter, hard to think of a good transition for this one. Also really short, but I want each of the elements to have a separate chapter in which to demonstrate their trait.