• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 3,047 Views, 33 Comments

My Little Human: The Beginning - SSA



A simple rehash of the first 2 episodes, but just a "little" different.

  • ...
9
 33
 3,047

Chapter 2 or Jacquelyn "Applejack" Apple

"I can't believe she just blew me off like that!" Twilight griped, "This is serious business and she just tells me to stop worrying and just live a little. Well, we won't be living for very long if Nightmare Moon has anything to say about it."

"C'mon Twilight, I'm sure that she's just looking out for your best interests."

"I assure you, Spike, the fate of the world does not rest on me making friends."

I just shrugged, smiled indulgently at her, and looked about as the carriage settled to the ground with whisper of magic on dirt. Twilight thanked the aviators that had driven the carriage and they preened under the Princesses student's praise before firing up the main magic drive and taking the carriage back to where it came from. "Come now, I'm sure that there will be people just lining up to make your acquaintance."

Here came someone now. A young woman, perhaps 1 or 2 years my senior, was skipping down the road, humming under her breath. I gestured toward her and Twilight let out a sigh. "Um... Hello?" The young woman stopped in her tracks... approximately 2 feet from the ground, and gasped. The stared, wide eyed at the both of us for a second before zipping off at a speed I didn't know land animals could accomplish. Twilight looked at me, incredulous.

"What?" I asked.

"Let's just get this over with."

(I'm going to use italicized banter as an indication of a scene change or time passing, so don't freak out if it has nothing to do with the story at hand. (P.S. I'll never tell you who's talking, see if you can guess.(P.P.S. This one's easy.)))

"I think the checklist is broken"
"Why?"
"There's a distinct lack of swag."
"Just because you're stronger than me doesn't mean I won't punch you for comments like that."
"And that is why I got the swag and you remain swagless."

"Yeehaw!" The shout echoed over the orchards as one miss Jacquelyn Apple charged down one of the rows of trees before leaping up and spin kicking a tree so hard it shook. The apple laden branches dropped their load into sever well placed baskets as well as onto the ground, though miss Apple was quick to pick these up and get all the baskets to a cart left at the top of the row for this purpose.

Twilight approached the young woman and started talking, but I wasn't really listening. The very first thing I though was, Dat a-no Spike, not cool. Your adoptive mother is the leader of a nation and you've been taught etiquette by some of the greatest people in the country, this is not the time for your hormones to get the best of you. Though you really couldn't blame him. The young woman currently practically ripping Twilight's arm off was gorgeous.

Dressed in a leather jacket and skin tight jeans she cut a picture of the working girl. Sun bleached blond hair that was held together by a band near the end fell to her lower back and accentuated her sturdy frame. Standing slightly taller than Twilight and about a half a head above me, she looked like the essence of self contained power. That's not to say she looked boyish or unfeminine, quite the opposite. The curve of her leg and hip suggested that she was more than woman enough for anyone not afraid of a challenge. And that's when I saw the boots. Not leather knee highs as I was expecting, but steel greaves that looked thick as my finger. The ankle and foot were also covered in metal, though through the gaps I could see some sort of device, perhaps a shock absorber?

I quickly looked up to see if she had witnessed my not so quick once over. She had, but at least she didn't look mad about it. Emerald green eyes blinked laughingly out at me above a friendly smile. "And it's a mighty nice meeting you too sugarcube." She extends her hand to me to give it the same treatment that she gave Twilight's. I think I heard my joints creak. "You wanna sample o' what's gonna be at the banquet?"

"Sure," Twilight said, "Just so long as-"

"Soup's on everybody!" The young woman shouted as she rang a bell.

Dear sweet Celestia, it was a stampede. I heard so many names and saw so many faces that my head started spinning. At one point I even think someone started just listing off the seven dwarfs with the last name Apple. I was eventually seated between a young girl by the name of Blume and a large, heavily built man called Macarius, "Though it's jus' Big Mac to mah friends." He cordially told me.

I looked out at all the apple themed treats set out at the large table. I was going to eat way to much.

Author's Note:

More of a simple introduction than any character development, but we'll see how it goes.