• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 5,190 Views, 62 Comments

Never Gone - YourNeighborhoodAlicorn



Spike was never born into a lifestyle filled with ponies, he was raised with dragons as Razzie. One day, after an incident, he wakes up in a strange town filled with ponies.

  • ...
4
 62
 5,190

Never Underestimate Crazy

“So, Twilight, where to next?” I can’t remember the last time I actually asked, I have just been following her wherever she seems to be going. It might be good to know where we’re going. I know that, logically, it is to see one of two ponies. She will either take us to see Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie. Actually, in a shocking change of pace I happen to have both of their faces in my mind.

Whoever we see next, I’ll actually be able to say I remember them.

“I was thinking we’d go see Fluttershy next. On our way back, we can go see Pin-“ Maybe it is because I just looked away, but I have no clue what just happened. Obviously she means Pinkie Pie, right? I look over to see that she had meant Pinkie Pie, but her plans seem to have just changed. I see Pinkie Pie right there, laying on top of Twilight.

“Gah. Pinkie. Where did you come from?” That is a really good question. Another good question is what it feels like to have a pony smashing you. That’s something that I won’t be asking, though, it doesn’t seem like much of a good idea. Instead, I move over to Twilight and reach out. As soon as I touch Pinkie, she starts to giggle.

“Oh my gosh, who’s tickling me? That feels way different than hooves.” I have no clue how to react beyond letting go and taking a step back. It seems like Twilight doesn’t like this, but it just seems weird to start tickling Pinkie. Besides, it might just make things worse if she starts flailing around. She might kick me, or she might kick Twilight. Either of those things would be bad.

“Oops.”

When Pinkie Pie hears my voice, I notice her ear twitch. She quickly jumps off Twilight and soon lands on me. “Spikerooni, so glad to see you.”

Spikerooni? I don’t know if I like that name. I also don’t know if she’s going to change it if I don’t like it.

“Errr…. Thanks? It’s nice to see you too, Pinkie Pie.”

“Oh, you can just call me Pinkie. All of my friends do.”

There’s that word again. It seems like these ponies are pretty friendly, or at least the ones that I have run into are. There’s no reason to assume the others aren’t, actually. “Alright, Pinkie.” I look over to Twilight, who is back on her hooves by now, who just shakes her head at me. I really don’t know what it is about these ponies, but they do seem to take charge fairly quickly.

Pinkie Pie is no exception.

“I was actually wondering if you could get off me, Pinkie. I’m sure you have something more important to do than just lay here on me.” Pinkie just giggles and nods before leaping onto her hooves a good five feet away.

Actually, that’s a pretty good distance.

“So, Pinkie, is there something I can help you with?” Twilight finally gets Pinkie’s attention, who initially responds to her by walking over to her with serious look on her face. I don’t know what this is about, and I’m not sure I need to know. Actually, I’m fairly certain that I’m going to know sooner rather than later.

“Actually, I should be asking you that.” That doesn’t even begin to make sense. Pinkie Pie is the one that just showed up, and now she’s asking if we need help. “I got an eye twitch, itchy left back leg, and chatter teeth. That either means that I’m needed for the story or that my Granny Pie is getting hip surgery. And I know my Granny doesn’t need another round of surgery yet.”

I look at Twilight, she blinks a few times. It seems like neither of us know that’s going on. What does she mean story? I decide to just let Twilight deal with this one, or at least I hope that Twilight can deal with this one. She just keeps staring at Pinkie Pie, as if any moment she’s going to get some sort of epiphany that will make all of this make sense.

I’m starting to think that she isn’t going to be able to deal with this on her own.

“Err… anyways, Pinkie, we were actually heading over to Fluttershy’s if you want to come with us.” Twilight seems to move her hoof to her forehead, inhale and exhale, then return to her normal peppy self. I grin as I look at Twilight, I can tell that this just might work. There’s a giant smile on Pinkie’s face when I ask.

Actually, scratch that. There is always a big smile on Pinkie’s face, or at least almost always, from what I’ve seen. When she starts to hyperactively nod, that’s when I finally am able to say with all certainty that she’s alright with the plan.

“That’s a super-terrifically-awesometastic idea.” I don’t even think that last thing is a word. Something tells me that it won’t do any good for me to say anything at all anyway. I look from Twilight to Pinkie and back to Twilight. “Besides, I’m supposed to be going over to Fluttershy’s at some point to plan the party for Angel’s next birthday. According to what she told me, it should be coming up in only 29 days. Do you know how little time that gives me to plan the perfect party for him?!”

Twilight just sighs and shakes her head. “I’m sure you’ll do just fine, Pinkie. There’s no party like a Pinkie Pie party. Heck, you were able to come up with a party for Spike here over the course of … I don’t even know how long. It wasn’t long, I know that. Maybe a couple days?” She looks over at me, then back to Pinkie. “If you need any help, though, the library is always open to you. Who knows? Maybe you can find a nice book on the subject.”

With that, Twilight turns and takes a single step. Well, no better way of letting everyone know that it’s time for us to head out. “But for now, we should really head over to Fluttershy’s. We have so little to do and so much time.” She doesn’t notice my look of confusion, but she does catch the problem. “Actually, switch that. So much to do, so little time to do it in.” I hear her chuckle, and it seems like Pinkie can’t help but join in.

Soon enough, it spreads to me.

Regardless of how funny it is, though, Twilight is right. There are a lot of things that we need to do today and not enough time to do it if we just stand around.

As we start heading off, Pinkie seems to bounce with every step. Before I could ask, Twilight gives me an impatient look and we go off to… wherever we’re going.

~

Wow, Pinkie can talk a lot.

I can’t even keep up with half of it. The topic seem to flow from one to another, with barely anything connecting the two of them.

That’s actually a relief on my part. I doubt I would be able to keep up a topic of conversation without it going awkward. Twilight just seems to nod off everything she says with a smile and keeps moving on.

“And THAT, is how muffins are made!”

I seem to remember very little that actually has to do with muffins. I don’t even get the connection between mane styles and chickens, and how any of that connects to muffins.

A zipper covers Pinkie’s mouth, which I find more than a little disturbing. Twilight looks over to us with her horn glowing. I hear some weird sounds, almost as if Pinkie’s still trying to talk despite the fact that her mouth is zipped shut.

“Pinkie, we’re here now.”

I look ahead of me, and well… I’m not actually surprised by this anymore. There’s a house that looks entirely made out of grass, with a small part of wood as it’s foundation. There are a ton of tiny trees around, all with tiny birdhouses hanging on their branches. There’s a tiny river flowing through the path, with a bridge going over it. Hummingbirds seem to be flocking about, singing while they are flying.

Around this time, I look to see a glaring white rabbit looking at me.

I don’t know what is up with this rabbit, but something about it staring at me just gives me the chills. I try not to pay any attention to it, but it just stares on. Twilight and Pinkie don’t seem to notice it. Maybe I should act a bit more dominant.

I glare back down at the rabbit, who has it’s… paws crossed and tapping its leg.

“Hey, it’s Angel!” Angel, huh? I don’t know if that’s the name I would have chosen. Regardless, he soon seems to disappear from out in front of me. I look over to see that Pinkie Pie is holding him up a couple of inches in front of her face. “How’s my favorite bunny doing? We were coming over here to see Fluttershy, maybe you’ve seen her around.” She then points him at the cottage, and then looks him in the eyes. “Please tell us she’s in the cottage. PLEASE?”

Angel seems to squirm around in her hooves for a bit, eliciting a giggle from Pinkie.

“Aw, Angel, I would love to dance! But not right now, we need to see Fluttershy!” I laugh a bit at this, as Angel facepaws from it.

Angel points over to the small cottage, as Pinkie plays with him a bit before letting him down.

“Ohhhhh. You were telling us that she is in her cottage.” She pats him on the head, then bounces off toward the cottage. “Come on, guys, he says she’s right in there. And that’s why we came here, right?” Pinkie stops for a second, taps her head, and then goes back to bouncing the few more steps until she gets to the cottage door.

Then she knocks with her face.

I … words can’t even describe how weird that is. Twilight and I move next to her, as she continues bouncing on. Nothing happens, nobody comes to the door, so Pinkie starts to knock again. I have to wonder if that hurts her face to do that. As she finishes knocking on the door, I start to hear something.

I don’t know what it is, but it sounds…

Pretty soothing actually.

It’s sounds like singing. No, more like humming. Along with it, I can hear a bunch of hummingbirds next to whatever is humming. Twilight and Pinkie seem to notice and go quiet. I’m actually surprised Pinkie went quiet. Twilight seems to know what is humming.

The door creaks open, as Fluttershy shows up in the doorway.

“Oh, hi, I almost didn’t hear you there.” At first, she doesn’t even seem to notice that I’m standing there. It’s almost as if part of her brain just wants to edit me out. She seems to be happy enough, a smile on her face that seems to be from the prospect of seeing her friends.

Then she turns to look at me.

To be honest, I was expecting her to be scared. From her reaction at the hospital, I thought she would. But she’s just standing there, with a smile on her face, and says hello to me. At this point, I have a confused expression on my face as I wave at her awkwardly.

“Is there something wrong?” She says to me, while I stand here with a stupid look on my face.

“Uh… n-no.” Why am I so shocked right now? She’s not doing anything that I can possibly consider scary.

Before she can say anything back, a loud crash comes from inside her cottage… thing, making me, Twilight and Pinkie take a look inside the door.

“Oof, I have to attend to that… come in and just make yourselves at home…”

I’m not going to question what that was, since Twilight and Pinkie are already making their way inside.

I head to the door, ducking under it due to its small size, and enter the small house.

… Why are all these houses so weird looking…

This cottage looks like the very definition of an animal person. Rat holes are scattered everywhere as far as I can see, even in the walls with a little ladder to get to them. Aside from that, there are a lot of bird cages, I can count at least three without turning my head. A few decorative paintings are on the wall, above very lightly colored couches and chairs. Just a few paces away is a staircase, that I would assume leads to her bedroom, or maybe even more animal hiding spots.

“Just… um… just take a seat, I’ll handle that… While I’m at it I’ll get some tea.”

I took slow strides to make sure I didn’t step on anything, or on an animal of some kind. I arrive at the couch, resting myself against it gently. Twilight does the same, but Pinkie decides to jump on the couch.

I will never understand how she can jump that far.

As I lean back on the chair, a loud crash comes from the room next to us. Twilight and Pinkie seem to notice as well, as we start to hear different noises. I think I even heard some form of a banshee in there…

“Oh no… please stop that… if you don’t mind that is…”

… Is this how she handles all these animals?

Soon enough, whatever was causing all that noise seems to stop. I lean back in the chair a bit, sighing to myself.

Funny enough, when I thought things couldn’t get any weirder, a few birds fly right in carrying a tray on their back with some teacups.

Just… how. Maybe it’s best not to question these things anymore.

The birds land on the small table in front of us, letting the tray slide onto the top of it and then proceeding to fly off. Part of me wants to know how exactly she trained those birds to do that. I can only imagine how useful it would be to have birds carrying my things for me. Maybe if I ask her some time, she'll let me know. Right now, though, I think it's better if I focus on the things that are happening in the present.

Soon enough, Fluttershy trots into the room, still humming something to herself.

"Sorry about that, Angel was having one of his panic attacks. Don't know why though..."

Angel... does she mean that really weird bunny that Pinkie was harassing earlier?

"No problem, Fluttershy, we were just here admiring Spike's ability to be incredibly silent." I look at Pinkie with a confused look on my face. Admiring my what? "I bet he could beat you at that game you were telling the girls about that one time."

"You mean the... quiet game?" Why do I not like where this is going?

"Yeah! I think Spikey here is going to give you a run for your bits!"

From the look on Fluttershy's face, she probably can't tell where this is going either. Pinkie is still sitting there with a beaming smile on her face, from the looks of it, I think she’s expecting something to happen at some point. For some strange reason, I am really expecting her to pull out her cannon. I really hope she doesn’t…

“So Fluttershy, how are the animals doing?” Twilight thankfully chimes in. “I hear they can be pretty rough this time of year, especially with Winter coming in a matter of months.”

“Oh… yes… they can be a handful…” Fluttershy seems to just shake herself back to reality before quickly answering Twilight’s question. “I just hope none of the Everfree creatures get crazy again, you know how they tried to… take my chicken coops that I have in the back…”

“Don’t worry, Fluttershy, I’m sure that was just a one time thing!” Twilight nervously giggles before leaning back on the chair.

For a few minutes, everything was just awkward… Twilight would make the occasional sound while sipping her tea, and Pinkie is just playing with her hair. I think maybe I should break the ice at this point. What to say though…

“So, Fluttershy… what do you do for a living?”

“Oh… um… I take care of the animals that I find in need of care and among those things…”

Ok, that was a really stupid question on my part. That should have seemed obvious from her house alone. Alright, next question…

“Animals? What kind?” That seems like a way better question. She seems to ponder a bit before answering.

“Well, it’s mostly injured ones, but sometimes I would find lost pups or stragglers, and I would usually keep them until I take them back to their natural habitat.”

“When did you first start taking care of these animals?”

Twilight gives me a grin, and Pinkie gasps a lot louder than what one could expect.

“Ooh oh oh! I wanna say it, I wanna say it!” Pinkie starts shaking in her seat before Twilight shushs her.

“Now, Pinkie, why don’t we let Fluttershy tell him?” Pinkie settles down in her seat, before nodding.

“Well…”

~An hour later~

As we were walking back to the library, I still have so many things to ask about that story. Summer flight camp? Cloudsdale? Rainbow Dash can do something called a Sonic Rainboom? I had to put a hand to my head to keep myself from getting a headache.

We came up on a odd looking building, and while I do use the term odd, I’m pretty sure it’s normal compared to what I’ve seen so far.

It is a cake with windows and a door on it. I seriously cannot find any other way to describe it. It isn’t an actual cake, but it’s decorated heavily to look like that of a cake. At the very top of it is giant cupcake with what looks like candles in it. Like most of the other buildings, this one has a sign on it, this time with a picture of a cupcake.

Pinkie still somehow manages to jump about four feet into the air, landing square in front of the door, giving me and Twilight a giant smile.

“Oop, I should head inside, Mr and Mrs. Cake are waitin’ for me to close up shop!”

“Oh darn… I was really hoping that we could grab something to eat.” Now that I think about it, I am pretty hungry from the whole day. I never even noticed that it was already getting dark out.

“Aw, don’t worry, Twi, you and Spikey here can come by tomorrow. It’ll be on the house!” Pinkie gives the both of us a big smile, which I’m starting to like now, before she somehow zooms into the pastry-decorated shop.

“That’s Pinkie for you, doesn’t even let you say goodbye.” Twilight giggles before looking towards me. “You ready to head back, Spike?”

“Yeah, definitely.” We both nod to each other before we begin walking back to the library.

~

The door shuts behind me as I practically flop myself onto the couch, my exhaustion from the day finally catching up. Twilight lazily sets herself next to me, as we both sigh.

“That was actually pretty fun, Twilight.” I look up at her and smile. “It’s gonna take some getting used to, but I think I’ll like it here.”

Twilight returns the smile. “Glad you think so, Spike. You should really get to know the others, they can be the bestest friends you’ve ever had.”

“Heh, I guess.” I look towards the small coffee table, and I see the book that Twilight gave me, Equestrian History I think it was called. I should really take the time to read this now, since everything’s well and done.

“I think I should finally start reading this book you gave me, Twilight.” Twilight gave me a glance, as if she was trying to remember what book it was, before she suddenly realized.

“Ooooh, that book. Yes, you really should read up on it, Spike. That is only the first volume, there’s ten more afterwards… and then you have to read the non-foal volumes as well…” She gives me an innocent smile.

“Oh… well… I guess I should get started then, huh?” I nervously chuckle, before grabbing the book and opening it to the first page.

~

Journal Entry #2

Well, I finally got around to reading that history book Twi gave me. It wasn’t that hard to understand, I guess. I know the basics now. From what the book said, there’s apparently three races of ponies. Unicorns, Pegasi, and Earth ponies. Unicorns use magic to their will (which should’ve been obvious from Twilight.) Pegasi have wings and can manipulate weather, because something allows them to walk on clouds.

Earth ponies have special talents that the other races don’t, kinda like Applejack and her ability to be able to kick a tree and get a bunch of apples. There’s one more race, called an Alicorn, which have both wings and horn. There’s only four alicorns in the world right now, one of which is Twilight. Then there’s these other three ponies called Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, who are the goddesses of the land. And then there's this Princess Cadance, who is apparently the Princess of Love.

Then the book mentioned a whole bunch of stuff like some dude named Discord, and something called ‘The Elements of Harmony’. And then it says how one of the princesses turned evil and became something called ‘Nightmare Moon’.

There is a whole lot of stuff here to absorb. But hey, at least I know something now, right?

Signed, Spike.

Author's Note:

Yeah, sorry about the delay of this chapter. Oh, and the word count too. I promise to deliver more in the next chapter.

Next chapter is going to be a week ahead.

Comments ( 20 )

Interesting...

:yay: your back! :pinkiehappy:

3818232 Who said I ever left? I just took a really big break, life stuff and all.

Only 3 alicorns? What happened to Cadance?

Awesome story, I'm kinda sad Cadence died though... XD

3819698 Hehe I was only teasing :D Thanks for fixing it though

Yay, Cadence lives!

3819698 that's good, without the fix my imagination went crazy. Like how if spike didn't stop Sombra would Cadance somehow die in a freak accident where Shining throws his wife??? Well all is good now!

While I don't personally enjoy 1st person POV you write it well enough to keep me reading. Please continue to write more on our dear amnesiac Spike :heart: :pinkiecrazy:

So :ajsmug: where does the romance tag come into play.:trollestia::scootangel::derpytongue2:

5986943 powerful I'll give you. But majestic... well, that's all in the execution.

I need more of this please:pinkiehappy:

I'm liking this story keep it up.

Needs a Cancelled tag.

5986943
Hey that’s false how do yo know that females are the dominant gender
There’s a bunch of them I mean they also look a lot stronger than females

“And THAT, is how muffins are made!”

:derpyderp1::derpyderp2::derpytongue2: Derpy doesn't suddenly appear. That is a sin.

is there going to be more of this story?

And we never heard from this story again

Login or register to comment