• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 5,189 Views, 62 Comments

Never Gone - YourNeighborhoodAlicorn



Spike was never born into a lifestyle filled with ponies, he was raised with dragons as Razzie. One day, after an incident, he wakes up in a strange town filled with ponies.

  • ...
4
 62
 5,189

Friendship is a Virtue

That night, I barely got any sleep.

So many questions were rushing through my head, almost all of them having to do with what happened to me. Obviously, I couldn't answer any of them, since the only source of information I got was from Twilight.

Another thing was what was going to happen to me now. I mean, I'm a dragon in a town filled with ponies. Don't get me wrong, they've all been pretty friendly, but I just don't feel comfortable. Like I don't belong with them.

At least it's morning now, and I can ask Twilight some questions in private.

Light pours in from the window on the other side of the room, the rays barely reaching the foot of the bed. I notice a few things in the room that I couldn't see before.

There is a bookshelf adjacent to the door, filled with various items. Half of it is just books, while a few shelves have some picture frames. All of them have Twilight and some other ponies in them, which I assume might be her family or something like that. Next to the bookshelf is a small desk with a stacks of papers scattered across it. There are also some ink pots in a row, along with a quill to go along with them.

It's actually pretty surprising how much ink she has, I wonder how much she goes through on a daily basis.

Focus, Spike, you have more important things to do. Twilight has all of the information, and you have to go get it. There's also a need for food, something that my stomach readily agrees with. I remember what she said last night, she would be cooking food in the morning. That means that she's probably doing it right now, which obviously means I get to head down for some good food.

My stomach rumbles again, leading to the obvious question. What do ponies eat? Well, I guess I'm going to find out.

I pull the covers off, quickly doing my best to make it look presentable. I mean, it only makes sense that I make the bed. It’s weird, I find some coins under the bed. Maybe I should give them to Twilight. Not like I know what to do with them.

With the bed made, the only thing for me to do is head downstairs. I think I can smell something cooking, though I can’t quite place what it might be. Whatever it is, I’m sure that I’m going to like it. At least, I probably will. I take one last look over to the bed, to make sure that I’m done. I grab the coins and head out the door into the hall. I follow the smell to it’s source, which doesn’t take very long.

It seems like she hears me walk into the kitchen, as she quickly turns to me with a smile on her face. “Oh, there you are.” My eyes move from her to the breakfast, a grumble of my stomach soon bringing a blush to my face. “I hope you like pancakes, that’s one of my favorite things to eat in the morning.”

I pull the chair out, right across from Twilight, and plop down. “Thanks, Twilight, it smells pretty good.”

“No problem. I had to learn to cook for myself pretty quickly. Celestia couldn’t cook for me after a while.”

“Erm, Celestia? Who’s that?” If the look on my face didn’t say that I am confused, then I don’t know what does.

“Oh, I forgot, you don’t know that much about us.” This seems like a good of a place as any to start figuring out things about the place around me. “Celestia is the princess of Equestria. She raises and lowers the sun, and her sister, Princess Luna, raises and lowers the moon.”

That doesn’t seem real, it just doesn’t make any sense. She can still see the expression on my face.

“Hmm, how can I put this in an easier way to understand…” She gasps, and then raises her hoof. “Oh, I got it!”

She looks over to the bookshelf, and her horn starts glowing again. A book shimmies out from one of the tons of bookshelves she has, and levitates towards me. I grab it in mid-air and her horn stops glowing.

“That should give you enough information for now. If you have any specific questions, ask me any time.”

The book in my hand is actually pretty big. It’s a big brown book with what has to be a pony on the front. The pony itself is gold, or is painted gold, and the spine of the book also has small gold streaks on it. The book is titled ‘Equestrian History For Foals Volume One’. I open up the book, but before I start reading, my stomach rumbles again.

“Hey, Twilight, I don’t mean to be rude, but I’m kind of hungry.”

“Oh.” It’s almost like she completely forgot that we are at the breakfast table. “Guess I just got caught up with the question…” A few pancakes start to levitate over to the plates, and soon enough they levitate over to us.

I look at the pancakes with a giant grin on my face.

“Don’t worry, they taste good.” I look up to see Twilight take a bite, and then poke at it. I wonder how she’s holding that fork. It isn’t magic, I would see the purple glow around it. I can barely wrap my head around this.

I grab the fork and knife next to me and take a huge bite of my pancake. “This is really good, Twilight.”

“I’m just glad there’s somepony else here to enjoy my cooking. I usually just cook for myself all the time.”

I take the last bite of my pancake, gulping it down instantly.

Way better than hospital food.” She giggles a bit, before levitating a small glass of orange juice and taking a drink. I pick mine up, taking a drink as well. A good meal with a good drink.

“Anyway, Spike, make sure to read that at some point, because you might be a bit confused about what happens around here if you don’t.” I glance at the book one more time, then back at Twilight.

“I will, don’t worry.”

Before I know it, we’re both done with our meals. Before I can say anything, she levitates the plates and silverware over to the sink and starts to wash them. I walk over to stand beside her. “Anything I can do to help?”

“Sure, just dry the dishes and sit them down on the counter.”

~Dishes get cleaned~

“Alright, I thought it might be a good idea for you get to know this town more. After all, you’re going to be staying here for a while.”

I guess that makes sense. It might give me some idea about how I can get a place of my own. Twilight is nice, she would probably let me stay here as long as I needed to, but it might be nice to have a place of my own. “That actually sounds pretty good, considering we didn’t get to see much of it yesterday.”

“Alright, then it’s settled. Though, give me a few minutes to prepare. You should do the same as well, no offense, but you smell kind of… funny.”

Somehow I’m not supposed to be offended by her telling me that I stink. I take a whiff of myself, and my nose crinkles. Yep, I stink.

“Sorry… um, where’s the bathroom again?” She points towards the staircase.

“Upstairs, all the way down to the left. You won’t miss it.”

Now that I think about it, a shower sounds really good right now.

~

Ah, that is so much better.

I feel way refreshed now and I don’t stink anymore.

Now that this is done, I get to go see the town. I should probably also give Twilight those coins, too. I hold them out for a few moments. “Hey, Twilight, I found these under my bed.” With that, I hand them over to Twilight.

“Oh, thanks Spike. I was wondering where those had gone.” She levitates the coins towards her hoof.

“So, what are those anyway?” I feel kind of stupid asking that question, but I don’t actually know for sure what they are. I assume that it’s some form of money. I mean, what else can gold coins be used for? Still, it might be nice to know what they call them.

“They’re called bits. It’s our what we use as currency here in Equestria.” Bits… Well, at least it isn’t a cheesy name, like ‘Smile Currency’ or something. “But enough about that, there’s a huge town out there that we need to go see.” With that, the two of us left the library.

It’s a nice day, not a cloud in the sky. I hadn’t noticed before, maybe because I was in such a gloomy mood from not being very familiarized with this town. This actually isn’t such a bad place, the more I see of it. Something about just standing here makes me feel happy. That might sound pretty cliche, but it’s true.

“Oh hey, Twi!” From out of the sky comes Rainbow Dash, who keeps looking at me for some reason. I hope this isn’t something bad. Maybe it’s nothing, I really shouldn’t look too far into things like this. I am a stranger, after all. “I was wondering if you had the next Daring Do book?”

“Actually, they just came in a week ago, but you still have to return the last one.” I want to question what Daring Do is, but by the way she just glared at me, I doubt I want to ask her anything.

“Heh … well… I’ll turn it in soon.” Her attention is immediately turned to me for a split second, then back to Twilight. “I’m almost done reading it again, it’s just so awesome.” I could swear she squealed a little, but I’m not sure I heard that right. I know it’s better than to say something about that, though, it won’t end well if I do.

“Just try not to bend up the spine, alright. I’ve had to fix a few of them already…”

“Yeah, yeah, don’t worry so much. I told you I’d take excellent care of it when I borrowed it. After all, it’s from your set.” This seems to get a glower from Twilight, as if that point is the main one on her mind. I wonder what’s so important about those books, they must be ones that those two really like.

At that point, Twilight seems to realize that I’m standing right there. I look back at her, then over to Rainbow. I really don’t like being the third wheel here, but it doesn’t seem like Rainbow is going to do anything beyond the occasionally glance my way.

Suddenly, my stomach rumbles.

Now they’re both looking at me, and Rainbow is smirking. This definitely isn’t my best moment. I just ate a little bit ago, and now I’m hungry again. Twilight looks at me, she’s probably as shocked about this as I am.

“Huh, I guess dragons eat more than I thought.”

I can’t help but blush when she says that. “I guess we both learned something new today, Twilight.” That probably doesn’t sound as good as it did in my head, but it’s out there now. “Just … ignore me for a bit, Go ahead with what you were already doing.” Anything to take the focus off of me would be good, but it apparently isn’t going to happen.

“Actually, we have a few more things we have to do today.” Twilight turns to look at Rainbow. “I figured it would be a good idea if he saw the town. You can join us if you want to.” I don’t know if I really like the idea. It isn’t that I dislike Rainbow Dash, it’s just something about the way she looks at me that weirds me out sometimes.

Apparently, the feeling is mutual. She looks at me again, then back to Twilight, and sighs. “As much as I’d love to, I’ve got some weather work to do. Make sure to be careful, Twi.” That doesn’t sound good. It isn’t like we’re doing anything other than walking around town. “Remember how everypony reacted to Zecora. It wasn’t exactly the best.”

Oh, okay, so it isn’t me. Well, it is me. It isn’t that she dislikes me or anything, she’s just worrying about how everyone else around here will react to me. That makes sense. Then that leaves the question of who Zecora is. Eh, I’ll ask later. Also, weather work?

“Aw come on, Rainbow. We aren’t doing anything besides going around town. Are you sure you don’t wanna come?” That seems to make Rainbow think for a bit.

“Hmm… well, the sky is clear right now…” She shrugs. “Alright, I guess I got time.”

Rainbow flies over to Twilight and lands right beside her. I don’t know if it’s just me or not, but she seems to be keeping her distance from me.

“So, where are we headed?” Twilight looks over to Rainbow, and points down the road to a path that trails into dirt.

“I was going to take Spike and show him Sweet Apple Acres, then bring him to some of the places around town.” Oh goody, I get to go to a place called Sweet Apple Acres.

“Sounds good, I guess. I still owe Applejack those ten bits from that applebucking contest we had.” She chuckles. “Never diss a professional.”

I don’t know what applebucking is, but maybe that’s a question for Applejack. Her name does start with apple after all. I don’t know if I’ll ever really get used to these names, they still sound a little weird to me. I mean, it’s pretty hard to adjust to the name Twilight Sparkle, let alone Rainbow Dash. And then we have my name, Spike, which I really wish I would’ve said something about. You know what, maybe I should just drop it and move on.

~

I don’t know how long we’ve been walking, though I don’t mind. There isn’t really an awkward silence, but more of a peaceful one. This whole road looks like something out of a really cliche book. The trees were swaying with the wind, as the birds fly along them while chirping. For some reason it just felt… harmonious.

Huh, I wonder when I picked that word up.

Twilight seems to be thinking the same thing. Then again, I can’t really tell what her facial expression is right now. She always has that calm face on. Rainbow, on the other hand, seems to be doing her best to not look at me right now. All she’s giving me is occasion one-second glares, then continues to look forward.

“Anything wrong, Spike?”

I don’t know if I should really say anything. It might just be nothing. “Nothing at all, Twilight. This whole place is just so … nice in a way. A lot better than the hospital. It feels kind of nice to stretch my legs a little.” Rainbow sends a curious look my way.

“Speaking of stretching, you ever use those wings of yours? I heard dragons have amazing wingpower.”

Now that I think of it, I haven’t exactly tried to fly since I got here. I’ve been walking this whole time. I don’t even know whether or not I can move them.

“No… I haven’t really tried to.” With that, I attempt to move my left wing. I manage to get a small flap out of it, the wind going in Rainbow’s direction. The wind causes her mane to blow back all the way. I think I’m more surprised that Rainbow is, which is a difficult task given the expression she has right now.

“That is so-! I mean…” She folds her hooves across her chest. “That’s alright, I guess.”

Why did she get so excited for a second there? It’s not like I did anything special, just slightly moved my wing. A better question is why she doesn’t want me to know that she is excited about such a small thing. Then again, I don’t think I understand a lot about Rainbow. Maybe later tonight I should ask Twilight if there’s something wrong with her friend. I just have to make sure I word it better than that.

“You guys, quit messing around, we’re here.” Twilight says to us.

I look in front of me to see an enormous field, covering as much land as I can see. On the side of the field, there are trees scattered around in an orderly fashion. All the trees have apples hanging from them, as well as empty buckets beside them. To the left of that is a small farm, with a fence and gate in front with a hanging board that has a carving of an apple on it.

If this doesn’t scream apples, I don’t know what does.

“This is Sweet Apple Acres.” Twilight moves her hoof over the whole area. “It’s where Applejack and her family work, you remember her, right?”

I look up for a moment, making sure I remember the right one. “Yeah, she’s the one with the…” Weird accent? No, that’s mean. “Cool hat.” That seems like the best thing I can think of right now. Orange pony with an accent, blonde hair, and that hat. The hat seems to be the easiest way to distinguish her from the others. Since these ponies aren’t wearing any clothes and all.

“Usually you’ll see her bucking trees around the farm or helping around town.” I still have no idea what bucking means, but okay then. Almost as if Twilight can read my mind, she looks at me with a smirk. “You’ll see.”

We head off to the small dirt road that leads into the pattern of apple trees. As we walk through the underbrush of a few trees, I hear a smack sound come from somewhere. Twilight takes us around to the smacking sound, and we find the source of it. I’m surprised by what I see, Applejack is kicking trees. I’m sure this would make perfect sense if I knew much about this place.

“Yo, Applejack!” Rainbow calls out before flying towards her. Applejack returns to her four hooves before wiping sweat from her forehead with her hoof.

“Hey, ya’ll. Didn’t see ya’ there.”

The sight of a pony kicking trees doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary for the others, so I know it is safe to assume that this is a normal event. As the two of us get closer, Rainbow is already hovering near her, I am able to look into a bucket to see the fruits of her labor. The big surprise comes when I think about the fact that I have only heard one kick for that tree.

It is possible that she had kicked before, but I only have that to go by. If that is the case, then that is one really strong pony. I look at the bucket, then back to Applejack, then back to the bucket, and finally back to Applejack again. "Wow. Was that just from one kick?" That probably seems like an incredibly silly question and was kinda rude, but I'm curious.

Rainbow answers as Applejack opens her mouth. "You better believe it. She's easily the third strongest pony in Ponyville." I don't have to ask who she probably is counting as the strongest, though the second strongest is definitely something I should ask. I only know a few ponies, and none of them look like they're powerhouses. Then again, Applejack just surprised me. I look over to Twilight, who seems to have just pressed her hoof against her face.

"And just who are you sayin' is stronger than me, sugar cube?" I don't think she really needs to ask, considering how Rainbow has presented herself so far, but she seems to be asking anyway. The expression on her face shows that she probably has an idea of who her flying friend is going to say. At the very least, she seems to know one of the two ponies that's going to be said.

Rainbow just looks back at her with a smirk on her face. "Me and Big Mac."

"Big Mac and me,"Twilight quickly corrects.

"No offense, Twi. You're great at magic and all, but I'd hardly say you're one of the strongest in Ponyville. I'm talking about physical strength, after all."

At this point, Twilight just groans and rolls her eyes. I can't help myself, I chuckle at the fact that Rainbow doesn't understand what just happened. This is something that immediately earns me the glares of the two ponies that think I just laughed at them. They aren't completely off the mark, but none of the laughing was mean-spirited. It just amuses me, this entire situation.

Applejack just clears her throat and we all look over at her. "Now don't take this wrong, I love it when y'all visit. But I'm a mite busy right now. Can I do somethin' fer ya?"

That seems to snap Twilight to attention.

"Oh, right. I was actually just showing Spike around. I thought that since he's going to be staying around here, he should know something about Ponyville." Applejack just nods. "And what better place to start than Sweet Apple Acres. Without this farm, there wouldn't even be a Ponyville."

I look over at Applejack, wondering if this is the case, just to see a proud smile on her face. That's enough to tell me that it definitely is true. My expression changes to a look of shock. This is something that is caught by Applejack, who just nods in my direction. It's almost as if she's confirming for me that there isn't a single part of that whole thing that isn't true. "Yep, the Apple Family has been around here ever since Granny Smith found them Zap Apples."

That doesn't sound safe in the slightest.

"There's only one thing that I'm curious about." Twilight says right before I can ask anything about those apples. "Ponyville has been around for over three hundred hundred years, and Canterlot hasn't been the way she described it for about three hundred and thirty years." It seems like Applejack knows where this is going when she just shrugs.

"I don't know how she does it either. But the Riches know her from way back, they helped form this town because of that Zap Apple jam." Applejack looks up for a moment, as if she's contemplating something. "I know it might seem a bit strange, but sometimes I wonder how old Granny Smith is myself. But then I remember that it ain't important." I really wish I knew who these ponies were, hopefully I’ll be able to meet them. So at least I’m getting a bit of insight about these ponies, that’s good. That Zap Apple thing really peaks my curiosity though. While I’m still trying to picture the apple, Applejack gives me a weird look.

“Say, Spike,” I don’t know why, but it felt good that they remembered my name. Or at least, the name Twilight gave me. “Can I ask you somethin’?”

“Uh, sure Applejack, what do you need?” I really need to talk more, my voice was super strainy just then.

“Mind giving this tree a good whackin’? I wanna see how strong ya’ are.” That seems like a really weird question. Applejack puts her hoof on the tree next to her, which I assume is the one she wants me to hit.

“You want me to just hit it? No special way I should do it or anything?”

“Nah, just give it a good punch.” That seems easy enough.

I head over to the tree, Applejack backing away from me as I get closer to it. Twilight and Rainbow are already next to her, watching me as I prepare to punch the tree. I pull my fist back, before swinging it in full force towards the tree, striking the bark and chipping a bit of it away. Apples fall out of the side of it, landing into the the buckets next to the tree. I back away, not wanting to get bonked on the head by any of the apples.

“Nicely done.” She says as she moves towards the tree, one last apple falling in the bucket. “Let’s see how ya’ did…”

She looks up towards the leaves of the tree, examining it. Twilight and Rainbow just stare between me and her as she continues to view the tree. After a minute or so, Applejack comes back towards us.

“You actually managed to get all of ‘em. Better than most ponies do on their first try.” She chuckles a bit. “You’re pretty strong for a fella that just got out of the hospital.”

All I can do is scratch the back of my head. “Uh, thanks?” I give her a nervous smile before she tips her hat at me. “All I did was punch a tree…”

“Trust me, this is more than enough to feed a small family.”

First, we have Rainbow Dash asking me to flap my wings, and she had seemed fairly impressed, and now we have this. Applejack seems to be happy that I punched a tree hard enough for a decent amount of apples to fall off. According to her, all of the apples from the tree are now on the ground. I look up, just to make sure, and she’s right. There isn’t a single apple left on the tree.

Maybe I should be a little proud of myself.

I can’t help but smile at this point, though I do have to wonder if there’s going to be another request. There’s nothing that Twilight can ask me to do, though, so that’s okay. I look at Twilight for a moment, as if wondering if I’m right. Is there something she can ask me to do? She just looks back at me with a confused look on her face. That makes sense, it probably seems like I’m just staring at her for no real reason.

She then turns to Applejack. “Well, you seem really busy. I think we’ll be on our way. There’s still plenty of Ponyville for Spike to see.” Applejack tips her hat, then looks at me for a moment. I really wish I could say what these ponies are thinking. Even a small idea would be more than I have right now. The one thing I know is that Twilight wants to make sure that I know things about Ponyville. I don’t know why Rainbow just glares at me, and I don’t know if there’s something that Applejack is worrying about when she sees me.

I really wish I could read minds. I doubt people with brain damage can even think of that.

Time to get moving, I guess. From what I could tell, Applejack must have a pretty important job. From what they were talking about, there’s other ponies on this farm. Maybe I’ll get to meet them sometime in the future. Though, from the way Twilight is telling me to move, that might not be today.

We all wave off Applejack, as she goes back to… bucking? Yeah, that’s the word they use. I think she might have smirked at me right there, but I can’t tell. The sun was in my face and she was facing the tree.

~

Once again, we are walking on the same road, only this time back to town. The sun is still blazing as ever, with the occasional wind blowing in my face. I look over to Rainbow Dash, who is hovering above Twilight’s head. I can tell from her expression that she’s bored. She groans a bit, before facing Twilight.

“Can’t we just fly to Ponyville? This is taking way too long…” She droops her hooves down a bit, with the occasional wing flap.

“I would love to, Dash, but Spike here can’t use his wings, or at least I think he can’t.” She looks at me with curiosity, which I’m sure I know why.

“Nope, can’t do it.” I flap my wing for extra effect, which apparently frustrates Rainbow.

“Aw come on! All you gotta do is just keep flapping your wings and you’re good! What’s so hard about that?” Twilight facepal- hoofs, before facing Rainbow.

“Dash, you know it’s not as simple as that. Heck, if the Princess hadn’t helped me during my inauguration, I probably would’ve fell while I was flying. Besides, how would he be able to see Ponyville from the sky?” She does have a pretty good point.

“Ugh, fine… but isn’t there some way to get there faster?”

“Well, I could use magic, but I don’t know if Spike would approve.”

Wait, please don’t tell me she’s going to levitate me all the way towards town. No, no, that’s stupid. She probably means something else.

“Um… what kind of magic?” I give her a worried look, hoping she will reassure me.

“Just a simple teleportation spell. Don’t worry, it won’t hurt you at all.” She mumbles something under her breath before facing me with a smile.

“I don’t know, Twilight, I’m new to this whole… magic thing.” That elicits another groan from Rainbow Dash.

“I thought dragons were supposed to be fearless. Quit being such a wuss! It’s just a little bit of magic. She uses it all the time, she’s an expert!” That triggers a blush from Twilight.

I really don’t know if I should do this. The fact that these ponies can even use magic freaks me out, let alone letting them use a spell on me. I mean, sure, all that I’ve seen so far is just levitation, but still. I don’t think Twilight would purposely mess up, and even Rainbow is backing her up.

“Alright, alright, I’ll do it.” I reluctantly say, as Twilight puts a giant grin on her face.

“Great! Now, all I need you to do is stand close to me.”

Me and Dash both close the distance between Twilight, as her horn starts to glow. All I can do is stare at the purple glow coming off her horn at this point, Dash seems to be doing the same thing. Suddenly, a giant flash of purple envelops me.

~

A giant light blinds me, going away as quickly as it came. I open my eyes, and see dirt. I get up quickly, wiping off dirt and soot off my chest. Wait, why was I covered in soot.

I look around, and see we are back at the market from before. The ponies don’t even seem to notice us, as Twilight and Rainbow seem to walk off like nothing. They must be used to this. I really hope I don’t have to go through that again, it felt weird.

I look in front of me, and see something I wasn’t really expecting me. It is a building, obviously, but it is way different than all the others. It’s baby blue, with a white streak pattern leading all the way to the top. There are various figurines of ponies attached to the top and around the building. There are two giant windows, with unnecessarily sparkled curtains. At the top of it all, is a small red flag.

I really don’t know what to think about it. This building seems a little … unnecessary. Whoever lives in there really should think about toning it down a little. I mean, I’m pretty sure I can spot this building from a mile away. Maybe a bit further.

“Woah, I didn’t expect to land right in front of the Boutique.” … Oh. No wonder it’s so flashy then. “I must be improving, that spell is a tricky one.”

“Oh no, not Rarity’s place… She’s gonna make me model for her again…” Before either of us can say anything, Rainbow Dash rockets into the sky and away from us. She must really be afraid of Rarity, if a dragon can’t get that response.

There is actually one question I probably shouldn’t ask, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t there. Do ponies even wear clothes? I can’t say I’ve seen them wear any, but I haven’t really see that many ponies in the first place. There was Applejack with her hat, but a hat is hardly clothing. Oh wait, there was that nurse down at the hospital. I don’t know if the occasional pony wearing something is enough business to keep a store open, though.

“Err… where are we exactly?” I say to Twilight as she rubs dirt off her fur. She turns to look at me, a smile on her face.

“This is Carousel Boutique. My friend Rarity lives there.”

I try to remember which one had been introduced as Rarity. The one that comes to mind is a white pony with makeup. I remember that because not a single pony other than her wears it. That seems to fit with the idea of a fashion designer, I would think. Everything I see seems to serve one purpose, to remind me that I really don’t know anything about this place.

“She’s the white one, right?” I shrug, as Twilight giggles a bit.

“That’s one way to remember her. Now come, let’s see what she’s up to.”

The doorknob turns with the purple glow of magic. One of these days, that’s not going to surprise me I’ve seen it a few times now, and it’s still a surprise. Twilight just walks in, and I follow behind her. The inside looks just about like what I would expect. There are some things that look like pony with cloth on them, likely to help her make clothes, and then there is a pony wearing glasses as she puts together a dress.

“Oh, I didn’t know you were busy. We’ll come back later.”

Almost as if she just sees us, Rarity springs up from what she’s doing and quickly moves over to us. “Actually, I was just finishing up one more thing. If you’re able to stay for a couple of minutes, I’ll be right over.” It is around this time that she glances up to see that I’m standing right there looking at her. Her eyes seem to sparkle, and the biggest smile appears on her face.

“I didn’t know you were joining her, Spike. This is the perfect opportunity to see if this design I was working on turned out alright.”

I really don’t want to say yes, but it’s not like I have much of a choice anyway. Soon enough I’m being pulled over by what I can only assume is magic. As I’m pulled, I mouth two words to Twilight. ‘Save me’. It actually surprises me just how strong magic seems to be. At some point, I just give up the idea of actually getting away from whatever she’s about to do.

Everything becomes a bit of a blur for a while. By the time that I’m able to focus again, I’m staring in a mirror at what I hope is another dragon that looks just like me. Part of me says that I should just say thank you and try to get away, but that idea is cut off by the sound of laughing. It sounds like Twilight is having a lot of fun here.

“You were amazing, darling. I barely had to tell you to stay still.”

I just look at her for a few moments.

“But there’s something wrong here.” She is looking over me with a judging gaze. “No, no, that won’t do at all.” Piece by piece, the clothing is removed. I don’t know if I should really be happy about this, she doesn't seem to be happy. “I’m going to have to fix this.”

“Alright, Rarity, we’ll get out of your hair.”

At this point, though, she barely seems to notice that we’re there. All we get is a sound, kind of like she’s agreeing. I hear the door open again, and soon enough the two of us are leaving the building. In the end, I’m glad that she isn't too happy with it. Sometimes tells me that she’d want me to wear that as much as possible, and that will never happen.

Thank goodness I did not have to take that outfit with me...