• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 4,127 Views, 14 Comments

Twilight's Secret Stories - TheNewYorkBrony



Twilight's hiding a secret from her friends. And when they find a piece of it, she doesnt really seem to take it well.

  • ...
8
 14
 4,127

Chapter 1

so i was on tumblr and me and my friend were talking about how Twilight might write fanfiction about the rest of the mane 6 and well, this happened. lol enjoy! Dont take it too serious though, its meant to be silly and funny. :)


Twilight Sparkle yawned as she made her way down the busiest road in Ponyville in the early hours of the morning. She waved to Derpy, the mail girl who was delivering a package to Carrot Top. She smiled at the Cutie Mark Crusaders, running around after each other. She watched as everyone went about their early morning activities until eventually she made it to Applejack's farm stand. "Mornin' Twi." the blonde farm girl drawled. "What brings ya out here so early?"

Twilight smiled. "Hey, AJ. I had just come out to do some chores. Spike is still sleeping and I wanted to let him sleep in. He stayed up all night help me organize the library. It was the least I could do."

“Well, while yer out, how bout an apple?” Applejack offered, brandishing a big juicy red apple.

Twilight’s mouth watered. “Well, I did kinda forget to eat breakfast.” She muttered. Then, “Eh, what the hay.” She accepted the apple from her friend and gave her two bits.

“Oh, Twilight that wasn’t necessary, it was on the house.” AJ quickly said.

“It’s okay, I paid for it because I wanted to. You don’t have to treat me differently than your other customers just because we’re friends.” Twilight insisted.

Applejack just smiled and shook her head. “Fer a princess, you sure are a humble one.”

Twilight stuck the apple in her mouth and adjusted her purple messenger bag. “Only thing that’s changed is that I can fly now.” She spoke, the apple slurring her words. “See you later, Applejack!” She waved as she continued to walk on.

Applejack smirked before sighing. “She gave me one extra bit.”


Twilight hummed a tune she had heard on the radio as she continued down the road. She need to buy some supplies. Two more journals, and a few pens. She took second bite of her apple and swallowed. “Hmm...I thought the bookstore was somewhere around- Oof!” She couldn't finish her sentence for something knocked into her, making land on her bum a few feet from where she was standing, the apple specked with dirt and the contents of her bag scattered everywhere.

She looked up to see bright red high tops standing in front of her. “Rainbow Dash!” she groaned as the latina helped her to her feet. “What the heck?!”

“Heh. Sorry.” The rainbow haired girl apologized. “I guess I wasn't looking where I was going and crash landed into you.”

Twilight dusted herself off before bending back down to pick up everything that had fallen out her bag. Rainbow tried to do the same but was denied. “Don’t touch anything.” She growled, carefully picking up a particular book. “I can do this myself.”

“Jeez, Twilight, it was an accident.” Dash grumbled.

“I know it was, Dash, but these are really important papers I can’t have you touching or looking at.” Twilight huffed, clutching a red journal.

“Is it boring princess egghead stuff?” Dash asked.

Twilight heaved a heavy sigh before replying, “Yes, Rainbow. It’s boring princess egghead stuff.”

“Oh, well, you’re still meeting all of us at Applejack’s later, right?” She asked.

Twilight got up and dusted herself off again before throwing her soiled apple away. “I don’t know. I have to see if I can finish this st- I mean friendship report for Princess Celestia.”

Rainbow caught the stutter, but shrugged. “Well, alright. We’ll be waiting for ya.”

Twilight nodded then decided that flying to the bookstore would be faster than walking. She took off, after waving Rainbow goodbye.

She was high up when Dash looked down to see the red journal Twilight had seemed like she was guarding earlier. “Hey, Twilight you forgot your-” she started to call up but Twilight was gone. “Boring princess egghead stuff, huh?”


Twilight finally made it to the bookstore stumbling a bit as she landed. “Man I have got to get used to these things.” she grumbled. She entered the store to be greeted by the store clerk.

“Good morning, Princess.” He said, smiling.

“I told you Ball Point, call me Twilight. I don’t like using my title around town. It makes me feel weird.” Twilight answered. She shivered a little before picking up the two journals she needed. “Just these two.” She told him.

He rung up the books and a box of pens for her before handing her the bag. “Doing anything today Princess?” He asked.

Twilight sucked in a breath but answered. “Just, spending some time with my friends. What about you?”

“I’ll probably work the rest of the day and then go home. There’s nothing much else a man my age can do.” He replied. The two shared a laugh before Twilight left to go run her other errands.

She stopped by Sugarcube Corner to see if Pinkie was coming to their little gathering, then went to the market to buy some ingredients for sandwiches. Finally, at around noon she made it back home. “Yes! Finally home! Now I can start on a new one! But first, let me finish the last sentence in the old one.” She reached into her messenger bag to pull out her book but it was nowhere to be found. “What. It was right here! I could have sworn-” She stopped.

“Oh no. No, no, no!” She realized that when Rainbow collided with her, her journal was one of the books that had flown out. “No! They can’t discover that, that, I write fanfiction about them!” She whined. Quickly Twilight pulled on a random book on a shelf, that opened the door to a secret room. There, rows upon rows of journals full of fanfiction lined the walls.

“Let’s see,” She mused, going through each row, “AppleDash, PinkieDash, FlutterDash,” she snapped her fingers before heading over to one particular shelf of books. “Rarijack! That’s the one!” She then picked up the last journal on the shelf.

“Oh no! I did lose the one that was in my bag! And I have to meet the girls in an hour! What am I going to do?!” Twilight groaned.


“So,” Rainbow asked. “What do you guys think is in there?” She was surrounded by her other friends, AppleJack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity. The book Twilight had left was laid unopened on the table of the Apple family’s kitchen, with five curious eyes glancing at it with every passing second.

Rainbow Dash had brought the book over to Sweet Apple Acres, after calling all the girls. She knew it was wrong to try and be nosy, especially with something that belonged to a Princess, but Twilight was her friend and she couldn’t help it.

“Maybe it’s a royal cookbook! You know, like the one’s in Canterlot!” Pinkie bubbled. She licked her lips excitedly. Just thinking of the treats she could make with a book like that made her hungry.

“Or a royal dress design scrapbook!” Rarity squealed.

Applejack on the other hand, thought rationally. “Or maybe it’s somethin’ Twilight don’t want us to know about.”

“What do you mean darling? Twilight is always completely honest with us.” Rarity responded.

“Yeah, but,” Rainbow added. “I gotta agree with Jack of all trades here. I think she’s being extra sneaky about something. I mean, she got all pissed off when I tried to help her up when I ran into her. She was picking up all her books, and then when she got to this one,” -She pointed to it- “She was holding it like if we ever found out about it, she would just, die.”

“M-Maybe when she c-comes over we could ask her in person instead of t-trying to pry.” Fluttershy squeaked.

“Fluttershy’s right,” Applejack concluded. “We’re the Elements of Harmony, and as the Element of Honesty, Ah say we wait until she- Rarity!” She yelled as Rarity picked up the book, quickly diving into it.

“Well, I’m sorry but I simply must see what is in this book. You all aren’t making it better by speculating!” The fashionista defended. She then yelped as she felt the strong grip of Applejack’s work glove.

Applejack let go and then shouted, “Ah don’t care how tempting it is, we are not reading this book! And that’s fi- What the?!” The book was being lifted out of her hands by Rarity’s magic. “Give it!”

“No, you give it!” Rarity countered.

The journal flew out of Applejack’s hands and into Rarity’s arms. “Ha!” She teased before opening the book. When she did, she read a few sentences, then blushed looking quite horrified. “Oh, well, this is interesting.” she mumbled.

“What is?” Rainbow asked before taking a look. “What is this?” She asked just as uncomfortable as Rarity.

“I’m guessing it’s a story about Applejack and I. Oh dear.” Rarity was shocked. She never thought Twilight was capable of writing something like, well that.

“What?!” Applejack barked before taking a look herself. “Oh wow. Shucks.” She mumbled afterwards, her tan face a shade of crimson, “Ah never thought Ah would be doing that to you, Rar.”

“Doin’ what?” A smaller voice asked. All the girls jumped to see it had been Applebloom, Applejack’s twelve year old sister who had just come in the house after playing with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle all morning.

“Nothin. Now you git and let the big girls talk.” Applejack commanded.

“Ah am a big girl.” Applebloom mumbled but stomped up the stairs.

The others heard her door slam and breathed a sigh of relief. “What are we gonna do?” Fluttershy asked. “We can’t let her know we read it. It would be violating her trust.”

“I say we hide it.” Rainbow Dash suggested.

Applejack took the book and tapped it over her head. “Uh, no. Let’s just go tell her the truth.”


Twilight wallowed under her bed sheets. “This is not canon, this cannot be cannon they weren’t supposed to find out.” she mumbled.

“When are you gonna come out of there?” Spike grumbled. He had spent most of the afternoon trying to coax her out but the princess simply wouldn’t budge.

“Never.” Twilight groaned.

Spike rolled his eyes. “Give me a break.”

There was a knock at the door. Spike went down to answer it. He opened it to see it was everyone. He gave them a grim smile. “She’s up there basking in her self pity.”

“Twilight!” Pinkie Pie called. “We’re coming up!”

“Go away, I know you read my journal!” Twilight called back.

“Welp, she knows, let’s go.” Rainbow made a beeline for the door but Applejack grabbed at her jersey.

“Not so fast Speedy. You’re the cause of all this so you go say something to her.”

“What am I supposed to say? ‘Hey, yah, sorry I read your smut about our friends?!” Rainbow Dash demanded.

Applejack pushed her forward. “Figure somethin’ out.”

Rainbow Dash grumbled before going, “H-Hi there, Twilight, are you okay?”

“You know I can have you sent to the moon for reading my things, right?” Came the other girl’s reply from under her covers.

“But you won’t because you love me, right? And besides AppleJack and Rarity read it too!”

“Traitor!” Pinkie Pie yelled.

“What I’m saying is, we’re sorry we read your story, okay?” Rainbow Dash finished.

Twilight came out from under the covers. “Okay.”


While Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rainbow helped Twilight prepare their late lunch Applejack and Rarity idled away from the group to discuss in private.

They were on the balcony of the library sharing a moment while drinking some of the alcoholic apple cider Applejack had brought along.

“How much you wanna bet that ain’t the only book she wrote about us?” Applejack asked, taking a swig of her apple cider.

“My entire boutique, darling.” Rarity responded with a chuckle.

“Achoo!” Twilight sneezed. “Is someone talking about me?”

Author's Note:

dont forget to comment!

Comments ( 14 )

FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY!!:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

OK, that's funny!

This thing is seriously amazing :pinkiehappy:
and i'm the Tumblr friend aha

The group discovering the horde of fanfiction would be funny.:twilightblush:

please write more

moar:flutterrage: um..if u wat that is

Little short imo, but enjoyable nonetheless

"This is not canon, this cannot be cannon they weren’t supposed to find out"

:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

this was truly amazing but needed more
:heart::rainbowlaugh:

This was pretty funny!

I just got inspiration for a fanfic of my own. THANK YOU

Login or register to comment