• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 1,790 Views, 99 Comments

The Changeling King - th3l0stch1ld



A short time before the changeling attack on Canterlot, Queen chrysalis was not alone in ruling the hive. This is the story of Amor, the former changeling king, and his journey from the hive.

  • ...
6
 99
 1,790

Love is True

The day was coming to an end. Amor left the house, Chrysalis close behind him. The chattering and buzzing of changelings was growing quiet as they made their ways back to their homes. Returning to the castle, Amor was happy with his work on Souls’ house. The main chamber of the castle was nearly empty other than a few servants cleaning up. Everypony must already be in bed. Amor headed up the stairs to the right of the thrones in the center of the room. He reached his room and placed his crown on the table nearby, Chrysalis doing the same.

“I’ll be done in a minute.” He walked into the bathroom attached to his room. Amor turned on the water and let it warm up as he looked in the mirror at himself. He was smiling at himself, proud of what he has done. He was sure that Chrysalis couldn’t hear him over the running water. “My life isn’t as bad as I made it out to be. I got out of my leadership alive. I have a beautiful wife who cares and loves me. The few changelings I did save are loyal. My daughter loves me and is a great leader.” He looked at himself in the mirror. “I wish I didn’t look so stupid when I full out smiled, but I’m too happy to care.” Amor took a quick bath and dried his main the best he could. Walking out into the bedroom, he found Chrysalis already asleep, curled in a mess of blankets. He sighed as he slid in bed and curled around her on top of the blankets. He rested his head on her back as he slowly drifted to sleep.

He found himself in a dream of Canterlot’s castle, just waking from his bed. He stood and opened the door to find the hall empty, no guards at all. Walking down the stairs, every hoof step echoed through the silent castle. He reached the bottom floor and still found it empty. He thought he heard someone giggling and stopped in his tracks, scanning the room for the source. He heard it again, echoing through the door to the throne room. Upon entering, he found Celestia’s throne, but it was not her seated in it. Why would she? This is a dream, so it only made sense that he would see none other than Luna sitting in the throne.
“Princess Luna.” Amor bowed.

“Rise, please. This is your dream.”

“And you are still a Princess.” Amor rose to his hooves. “So why am I dreaming?”

“Simple. You are actually happy for once. You have accepted everything, you have finished your work as king of the changeling hive. You can now live your life freely, and you are happy because of it.”
Amor closed his eyes and grinned. “Thank you, princess, but why is this my dream?”

“Just decided to say hi, and there is no better way than this. Would you like to continue dreaming or do you want a dreamless sleep.”

“I think you know the answer.”
Luna smiled. “Very well.” Her horn began to glow, a blinding light that filled the room emanating from it. When it faded, he and Luna were standing in an open field. “Dream well, Amor. Goodbye.” She faded away, disappeared like she disintegrated in the sun’s rays.

“Amor, are you coming?” Amor turned to see Chrysalis, cheery as ever with a calming smile across her face. Amor smiled as he approached her.

“Of course, my love. I am here for you.”

“I know you are. You are always here for me.” Chrysalis began trotting and Amor soon followed. They walked for hours until finally stopping at a huge tree, where Chrysalis flew to a large branch, Amor right behind her. Sitting on the branch side by side. Chrysalis leaned her head onto Amor’s shoulder as they looked at the sunset. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Chrysalis.”

“Amor, it is time to wake up.”

“Alright, my love.” Amor’s eyes started to grow heavy, and before he knew it, he was awake. Chrysalis had one of his hooves wrapped in her own and had her nose pressed up to it. Quietly, Amor slipped his hoof out. Like a child, Chrysalis began feeling for it, trying to grab it. Amor balled up a blanket and put it in her hooves, which seemed to please her, because she held it tight and stopped moving. Amor walked over to the window and opened it, looking over the baron streets and quiet houses. Spreading his wings, he buzzed out the window and flew to one of the open balconies watching over the hive entrance. Looking over the forest floor as the breeze blew the hair back on his body. The moonlight lit the ground enough to see the grass fly in the breeze, like an ocean of green.

“It looks beautiful.” Amor turned to see Chrysalis standing behind him.

“I thought you were asleep?”

“A blanket is no substitute to the warmth I get off of your body. What are you doing out here?”

“Enjoying the view.” Chrysalis walked out in front of Amor and looked over the balcony. Her fur glistened in the moonlight, making it able to see every hair move. Amor looked into her eyes, a sparkle from the foreign light showing in them. She looked more beautiful than ever. Amor walked beside her and put his head to hers, the horns crossing. They both closed their eyes as Amor spoke. “You are beautiful. Most ponies would have left me after so long, but you love me enough to stay by my side.”

“Of course. Why would I leave? Most fear me, call me a monstrosity, even the changelings in the hive hate me, but you love me for me, not for who I could be.”

“I think-no, I know you are the most beautiful pony in Equestria.” Two solid black figures sat with their heads touching, the moon behind them. Their shadows formed a sort of heart in the light, a sign that they would be together for years to come. Forever.

Author's Note:

Alas, we come to the end of my story. The hardest part of writing this: hiding it from my family. None know that I am a brony, I hide it from everyone I know in person in fear that I know I will be made fun of. My father is the worst, looking over my shoulder, he got as far as it was a love story, and in a drunken slur began questioning whether or not I was writing porn. But enough about me, the real question is : Sequel? Eventually.

Comments ( 35 )

You hid this? Heh, job well done...

YOU HAVE FINISHED THE MISSION, you've completed this under pressure from everyone else and have made a wonderful story about a self-created original changeling, you have Chrysalis there, you have someone who is actually knowing wrong from right... etc... etc... :eeyup:

Well Signore, If a sequel does come out I hope for it! :derpytongue2:

2870093 oh trust me, it will.:trollestia:

2872008 You know what I'm still expecting from this... someone to ask for clop or to use your characters in clop...

As I said before, I would do so... but I'm busy typing it out with my own characters...

2872227 as...uh...thoughtful, as the offer would be, I would have to say no to anyone. I would find it hard to imagine Amor, or any of my personas, in that kind of...story. thanks for thinking about me though.:twilightblush:

2873489 Well at least your knowledgeable, I know what people do when they abuse peoples characters when they take them from their original stories.

I've seen things happen that should never... have um... happened...:facehoof:

2874753 i'd ask for an example, but I really don't want to know

3522210 I know :ajsleepy:. at the time it seemed like a somewhat good idea, but looking back it was just stupid. if I would have thought about it more, I probably could have done better, but it's too late now.
thanks for being honest :twilightsmile:

3524763 by the way do you know what happens when you put a human that has a ph.d in quantum and normal physics, then give magic and put him in MLP?

3525457 something far worse than discord:pinkiecrazy:
also helps the guy is a military nut and was Real Time Strategy gamer

3525609 still don't get it. sorry :twilightsheepish:

3526212 hey you want a story idea?

3526473 i'm not really good with other people's ideas, or mine to be honest.
thank you for offering though

Great story L0ST

Teen.....
*hmmmm* hey L0ST why is it classified as teen?

3586667 some bloody scenes. and very minor sexual themes

Minor? please explain

3597474 nothing really happens. it's just...suggested for lack of a better word

3597646 I know what MINOR means you incoherent fool!
I ment to say which part had that minor sexual scene.

3597750 the worse is in Finishing Touches, but like I said, it's only suggestive. nothing ever happens

Oh hey....
I think I know you!
your that one fellow from youtube huh?
L0St is in it?

3600032 I am on youtube
my name isn't the same though, I go by my real name
hold up...
oak?

3600315 Oak?! no no I'm certainly not a tree... but anywho... May I ask you a question?

3600386 you may
and sorry, I thought you were someone I know

3602878 that's okie but um L0ST may you read to us Domiante species?

3609607 sorry it's taken me so long to get back, but I don't know what you're talking about :twilightsheepish:
ive searched and found about 3 different stories with that title. 2 of which I am deffinitly not reading, the third I haven't read yet
perhaps a link would be helpful? if it isn't too much trouble

anyone who got here from Equestria Daily, you're looking for A True Sate of Happiness. everything else is irrelevant, but feel free to read if you'd like, although I still feel stupid for some of the things I wrote

Thanks for the author's note! I am considering writing my own story, and knowing that somebody wrote such a great story secretly is great inspiration. Thank you for the whole story!

4271371 morals from whos perspective?, i still forces the casters beliefs in their head.

4271774 thank you for reading :twilightsmile:

4272638 I didn't put much thought into this story when I wrote it :twilightsheepish:. honestly I was planning on a massive overhaul just to redo it and edit it should I find the time this summer

4540325 pretty much how I see it. if love was their food, it wouldn't exactly increase their strength in magic. they need both physical and magical sustenance to survive.

glad to see you finally found it :rainbowlaugh:

That was nice, I liked it. A bit clunky at times, but still very much enjoyable.

Cya
Raziel-chan

Amazing story! Thanks for the read mate!

Login or register to comment