• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 1,790 Views, 99 Comments

The Changeling King - th3l0stch1ld



A short time before the changeling attack on Canterlot, Queen chrysalis was not alone in ruling the hive. This is the story of Amor, the former changeling king, and his journey from the hive.

  • ...
6
 99
 1,790

The New Solution

There was a knock at the door.

“Yes?”

“Sir, the queen sent me to make sure you are awake. You are leaving for Canterlot in an hour.”

“Alright, thank you.” Amor heard the footsteps fade away.

“Do you have to go now?”

“Yeah, I have to get ready.” He kissed Chrysalis on top of her head. “Don’t worry, we can stay together when I get back.” Chrysalis squirmed off of Amor so he could stand. He entered the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. His hair was a mess, tangled and knotted. Grabbing a comb from nearby, Amor brushed his hair, gritting his teeth as it caught the bigger knots. Looking at himself in the mirror again, his hair was straight with the odd holes in his main. His horn began to glow, along with his hair. Although he has spoken to Celestia before, he wanted to be professional about this. He pulled the hair from in front of his face and tucked it back until he got it to look good. He walked back into the bedroom where Chrysalis sat on the bed, her head propped up by her hoof.

“You’re taking this serious.”

“Of course. This is the best way to save the hive without the need to attack.”

“Well then, you’ll need this.” Her horn hummed as a glowing crown was placed on Amor’s head.

“It doesn’t mean anything anymore.”

“Yes it does. It represents what you were, and what you still are. Retired or not, you are a leader.”

Amor smiled. “How do I look?”

Chrysalis’s horn glowed again as she took control of Amor’s body. “Stand tall, wings straight, keep your head up, look straight, keep a stern look on your face, and you should be fine.” As she spoke, whatever she said she made happen. His legs straightened out, his wings spread, his head propped up, neck straightened. Amor waited while she finished.

“Anything else?”

Chrysalis crawled to the foot of the bed. “Confidence. If you sound shaky, they won’t take you serious.”

Amor walked to the bed. “You sure you don’t want to come?”

“No. The hive needs a leader while you’re gone anyways.” She pushed forward and wrapped around Amor, half on the bed and hanging in the middle. Amor started to fall back, pulling Chrysalis on top of him. “Woah!” She didn’t try to stop herself and Amor didn’t try to save it either. His crown hit the ground with a ping and rolled around beside them. Amor looked up at Chrysalis, giggling on top of him. She looked into his eyes and stared for a minute before kissing him. “Time to go.” Chrysalis rolled over as Amor stood, and she used her magic to fix his hair again. “Remember, confidence.” His crown landed on his head as Chrysalis nudged him out the door.

In the throne room, Purity waited for Amor. Her hair was in a ball and she was wearing her crown. She had a blank look on her face as Amor entered.

“My que-uh Purity.”

“Father. Glad to see you remembered.”

“It will take some getting used to, but I’ll adjust. Ready to go?”

“Yeah, I have one of the chariots waiting outside.”

“Chariot?”

“You didn’t think we would fly to Canterlot like this, did you? We need to look professional when we get there.”

“Right.” Amor and Purity headed to the “gate” of the hive. Waiting outside was a chariot with two larger changeling soldiers tied to it. It was the normal design for a Changeling chariot. A wooden body and wheels, but the body was coated in the bluish green building wax for durability and display. A large green pearl was placed on the front. They stepped onto their ride and with a raise of the hoof, the two soldiers began to pull the chariot into the air. Amor always enjoyed the view above the forest and was looking over the side. Purity still had that blank yet serious look on her face as she looked forward. They were in Canterlot in minutes, landing in front of the castle.

As they stepped down from the chariot, the two royal guards bowed before the queen. “Tell Princess Celestia that Purity and Amor are here to negotiate.” At the command, one of the guards trotted to the castle while the other began chatting with the changelings at the chariot. The guard came back moments later.

“Follow me, please.” The guard led the two royal changelings to Celestia’s throne, where they all bowed.

“Purity, Amor, to what do I owe the visit?”

Purity rose. “Teacher, I think it is quite obvious.”

“It’s about the hive, isn’t it?”

“Yes. The hive has grown hungry again, but we think we have a solution.”

“And what would that be?”

Purity turned around. “Amor?”

Amor stepped forward. “It’s rather simple, actually. All we ask is for a small social event. Let the hive come up to Canterlot weekly to make friends, reunite with old ones, have fun, do whatever. It would do enough for our kind.”

“And that’s it?”

“Well, yes. If your people are willing, we can have a nonviolent alternative to the old ways of steal, attack, takeover.”

Celestia smiled. “I think that it is a great idea, it will get the citizens calmed to the idea of being allies with the changeling hive. I will make an announcement right away, just give me time to ready myself. I want you two present though.”

“Fair enough. We have nothing better to do anyways.”

As a scroll and quill appeared in front of Celestia, Purity and Amor spoke to each other.

“Who will speak?”

“Isn’t it obvious? You’re the queen, you need to represent our people.”

“But what if I mess up?”

“You’ll do fine.” She looked down at the ground. Amor sighed. “Purity, I was never there for you. I didn’t guide you, I didn’t help you, I wasn’t there to see you grow.”

“Thank you, father.”

“But you are my daughter and I love you, no matter what you think. I know you can do this little speech.”

Purity looked up. “Thank you. And I do love you.” She quickly gave Amor a hug before turning her back to him, deep in thought.