• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,071 Views, 132 Comments

The FlutterDash Group Collab - Dalek Saxon



A collection of short fics written by members of the FlutterDash group.

  • ...
21
 132
 3,071

PreviousChapters Next
Heroine- Der_Fur_Shur

Written by Der_Fur_Shur

***

Rainbow Dash found herself enjoying her third nap of the day, this time of a comfortable cirrus cloud. As she continued to relax peacefully, the quiet of the afternoon was shattered by a scream.

“Help!” Came a voice that was familiar to Rainbow, but not at the volume coming from the pony it belonged to.

Wait… is that Fluttershy? Rainbow asked herself, clearly confused.

Realizing that something was amiss, Rainbow Dash flew from her cloud at her usual break-neck speed in the direction the scream came from. Again she heard Fluttershy’s cry for help as it grew louder, indicating to Rainbow that she was quickly approaching. Rainbow Dash the came upon a tree, one of the tallest in Sweet Apple Acres, where at the top, a visibly shaking Fluttershy was clutching onto a limb for safety.

Rainbow, now even more confused, looked around for any sort of monster or evil pony that should have been terrorizing her, but found nothing.

“Umm, Fluttershy, what are you doing?”

Fluttershy, who had kept her eyes tightly shut up to that point, opened them upon realizing she was no longer alone. “Oh, well I was helping my squirrel friends with their dance routine, but then I looked down and realized how high up I was and got scared,” Fluttershy explained.

Rainbow fought the urge to groan at her friend’s skittishness, but then something in her mind clicked.

“But wait Fluttershy, I thought you only had squirrel dance lessons on Tuesdays,” she said as she narrowed her eyes.

A look of panic descended on Fluttershy’s face, realizing she had misspoke. “Oh well umm with the Whitetail Wood Dance Off coming up, they needed extra practice,” she said, wearing an obviously fake grin that rivaled Applejack’s.

Rainbow Dash however unconvinced, merely giving the other pegasus a deadpan look. Fluttershy then sighed, let go of the tree, and hovered in midair. “Oh alright, I wasn’t really stuck in the tree. I just wanted you to think I was.”
“But why?” Rainbow asked.

“Because, I wanted you to come to my rescue, so I thought if I pretended to be in trouble, you’d come and save me,” said Fluttershy, on the verge of tears.

Rainbow however, went to her and scooped her up in her forelegs. “Well, I can understand that, I mean I am the most awesome superhero ever, makes sense you’d try some crazy scheme to get my attention. But Fluttershy, you don’t need to try anything, for you, I’ll always have time.”

Now blushing, Fluttershy merely kissed Rainbow on the cheek, and said quietly, “My heroine.”

Rainbow Dash, now blushing as much as Fluttershy, merely gave a small laugh and said, “Heh, thanks, umm is it hot around here or is it just me?”

PreviousChapters Next