• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,068 Views, 132 Comments

The FlutterDash Group Collab - Dalek Saxon



A collection of short fics written by members of the FlutterDash group.

  • ...
21
 132
 3,068

PreviousChapters Next
Blues- The 8-Bit Flame Princess

Blues


Rainbow Dash sipped at her drink, unsure of the contents but drinking it anyway. The DJ's harsh beats killed her ears, yet somehow tonight the pain was numb.

She wasn't usually one for clubbing, preferring the outside, but tonight she needed a distraction from the image that played in her head.

Fluttershy and Applejack.

Kissing.

Together, in a relationship.

A small part of her mind was happy. They made a good match. They looked good together. They were happy.

But the majority was jealous.

She loved her oldest friend with all her heart, but had never gotten the chance to tell her. She was going to tonight actually, before she walked into the barn then flew out again with only a flash of rainbow as she saw her best friend and the love of her life embracing.

"What's the matter with you?" a voice behind her asked. She turned to see a slightly drunk pale green unicorn looking at her with golden eyes.

"The love of my life is in a relationship with my best friend. You?" she asked, not worrying that this was a total stranger.

"My love-who-doesn't-love-me loves this place. Tell Aunt Lyra your story." the mare sat down next to Rainbow Dash and finished off her drink.

So Rainbow Dash told her tail. How'd she'd felt there was something between Fluttershy and for years, but could never explain it until the Gala.

When she finished, Lyra stared at her long and hard.

"Well, I think you had plenty of opportunities to tell this Flitterlight-"

"Fluttershy," Dash mumbled.

"Whatever. Anyway, I understand it's hard to tell someone, but look what I' m missing out on." and Lyra made a sweeping gesture to the stage, where the DJ, a white unicorn with a blue mane and big glasses waved at them and continued to play her music for adoring fans.

"Her?" Rainbow giggled.

"Don't laugh- remember I ordered your drink."

She looked down to realize there was a new drink in her hoof.

"So, the moral of our stories is to tell someone you love them, before they let themselves go." Lyra concluded.

"I think you have a chance." Rainbow mused.

"What?" asked Lyra.

"Go get her," Rainbow gestured to the DJ.

Lyra bounded off happily, and Rainbow Dash sighed. Someone else's happiness was great, but it couldn't make up for the empty feeling in her heart whenever she thought of Fluttershy and Applejack.

PreviousChapters Next