• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,064 Views, 132 Comments

The FlutterDash Group Collab - Dalek Saxon



A collection of short fics written by members of the FlutterDash group.

  • ...
21
 132
 3,064

PreviousChapters Next
Dragon- NintendoGal55

Dragon


When Fluttershy opened the door to her cottage, she was surprised to find Spike standing there, wearing a mailmare's uniform, hat, and carrying a piece of paper in his claws. She giggled, wondering what he was up to in that getup.

"Hello there, Spike! What can I do for you?" She asked.

Clearing his throat, Spike unrolled the piece of paper and held it up to read aloud, "Dear Fluttershy, I want to meet you at the Sweet Briar Rose diner tonight at seven! Come in, wearing a little white flower in your mane. I'll be wearing the same! I want to finally see you! Signed, your secret admirer!"

Blushing immensely, Fluttershy giggled, "Oh, my... That's very sweet. Well, okay... I'll be there."

"Okay, Fluttershy! I'll go and relay the message!" Spike grinned, turning and heading off.

~~~~

Spike, in disguise of course, sat alone at one of the tables, keeping his face hidden behind the menu. Glancing toward another pony, he smiled and gave a thumbs up. Moments later, he could see Fluttershy entering the vicinity, wearing a white flower in her mane. She looked around, trying to locate her admirer.

"Come on.... just look to your left..." Spike mumbled to himself.

Eventually, Fluttershy's gaze did go toward the left, as if having heard him. He could see then that she spotted Rainbow Dash, who sat at one table with a white flower in her mane. At that moment, there was a big smile of joy that came to her face before she raced over to Rainbow's table and embraced her.

A job well done, Spike patted himself on the back and treated himself to some food. He'd have to help play this game more often!

~~~~~~

With the help of some balloons, Spike floated up Rainbow Dash's doorstep, knocking on her door. When she answered, he read out the telegram to her.

"My dearest Rainbow Dash, I'd love to see you for the Butterfly Migration tomorrow afternoon, just as we do every year. Please do come to my house at ten, bring a few snacks, and your pitch helmet! I look forward to it. With all my love, Fluttershy."

Rainbow visibly grimaced, "Aw, come on! Seriously? She's asking me to go to some boring Butterfly Migration again?"

"Don't look at me, it's what she wrote!" Spike shrugged.

Sighing, Rainbow nodded, "Oh, fine. The things I freaking do for love..."

Spike chuckled, "I'll just go ahead and tell her! Don't be late!" He said, and floated off.

~~~

"Spike?" Fluttershy said, smiling as she handed him the camera, "Would you take a few pictures of us?"

Spike took the camera, nodding, "Sure thing, Fluttershy!"

He backed up a few paces, observing the two pegasi as they watched the passing butterflies. Or rather, Fluttershy was watching them, binoculars and all. Rainbow Dash was slumped over on the ground, bored out of her skull, and sulking. Spike knew this wouldn't make a good picture.

However, he then caught her line of vision. Rainbow's eyes were directed at other butterflies. Just not the ones passing through above their heads.

Grinning, Spike raised the camera to his eye and snapped a shot. That was just too good. For a little while, he kept snapping some pictures. After a while, he gave the camera back, to which Fluttershy thanked him for his help.

~~~~~~

"Here you go, Spike!" Fluttershy said, handing him a couple of copies of a few photos. "Thank you so much for helping us out at the Butterfly Migration! You helped take some very nice photos. Better than the ones I took."

"Hey, just helping out," Spike grinned, looking over the copies of photos. "Sorry that Rainbow Dash got a bit bored, though."

"Oh, it's okay. We do this every year, I'm used to it. Besides, if she really didn't want to come, she doesn't have to," Fluttershy said.

Spike smiled, tucking the photos away. He understood the sentiment, that spending time together with someone you cared about was more important than what you were doing. Spending time with Twilight brought on that same little bit of joy.

As the baby dragon headed back to town to get back home, he smiled to himself. It was all a job well done, and much more. He wondered if he could make more of this...

PreviousChapters Next