• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,064 Views, 132 Comments

The FlutterDash Group Collab - Dalek Saxon



A collection of short fics written by members of the FlutterDash group.

  • ...
21
 132
 3,064

PreviousChapters Next
Birdseed- jmartkdr

Written by jmartkdr

***

"Okay, so flowers are decided. Mixed pastels, for a rainbow palette, but uncut, so they're good for the bees and hummingbirds. It'll challenge those girls, but I think they can handle it." Pinkie looked strange to her friends, with her hair in a (poofy) bun and huge pink glasses, but apparently, this was her serious look.

And party planning is serious business, if you're Pinkie Pie. Especially wedding planning.

Dash nodded, "Yup. Sounds good."

Fluttershy nodded once. She had actually taken charge here, after hearing some of Dash's ideas, especially about 'entertainment.' Fluttershy, on the other hoof, had been dreaming of this day since she was a very small filly. Her wedding was going to be perfect.

Pinkie smiled. The flowers had been a tough point. Not all of Rainbow Dash's ideas were terrible; rainbow patterned decorations would actually look really pretty and be much more festive than the usual choices. This was something to celebrate, after all.

Pinkie cleared her throat. "So: we've gotten the reception all planned out, and I'll let you know as soon as I can be certain the flowers will be there. The ceremony will be as close to traditional as possible, excepting those changes we had previously discussed." For a moment Dash thought she was talking to a lavender unicorn, not a pink party pony. "You will exit the chapel as ride the carriage to the pre-reception--"

"Will ponies be throwing rice?" Fluttershy asked. She squeaked when the other ponies looked at her.

"I... suppose?" Pinkie responded.

"Um, I'm, um, not sure that's a good idea..."

"Wait, doesn't rice make birds explode or something? I think I heard that somewhere. That would not be radical, even though it's an explosion," Dash said.

"Um, actually, no, rice isn't bad for birdies. It's good for them really, um, but, Mr. Gander really, really likes rice, and he doesn't really like to share. I've been trying to convince him to be nicer, but he doesn't want to listen really, but, um, if there was a bunch of rice, um, he might try to, um, hog it all. Just a tensy bit. So it would be better if we used birdseed. Then all the birdies could come." Fluttershy said. "I'd really like to have all the birdies there who can make it, except for Mr. Gander. He's not coming."

Pinkie blinked a couple time before responding. "Okie dokie lokie. Birdseed it is. Where should I get it?"

"Oh! I can get that for you, and set it aside. I'll send it over to Sugarcube Corner a week before the wedding."

"Excellente! Then after you leave, ponies will throw birdseed, that you will provide, out of little baggies, that I will provide, and you both will get in the carriage to the pre-reception area..." Pinkie continued through the rest of the plans.

I'll have to have another meeting with Apple Bloom. Cutie Mark Crusader Rice throwers are done. Cutie Mark Crusader Birdseed throwers are go! I wonder if we'll need to adjust the cannon...

PreviousChapters Next