• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,061 Views, 132 Comments

The FlutterDash Group Collab - Dalek Saxon



A collection of short fics written by members of the FlutterDash group.

  • ...
21
 132
 3,061

PreviousChapters Next
Thunder- The Princess Rarity

Thunder


There was a light whimper on the other side of the bed.

Rainbow Dash didn't know how exactly she heard it, but... she just did. Even over the deafening booms and cracks of the storm outside, somehow, she managed to hear that soft, squeak of a whimper that was no louder than a mouse's sneeze.

"Flutters?" she muttered, rubbing the sleep dust from her eyes and looking over her shoulder, only to see that her marefriend had the covers pulled way over her head and she was lightly shaking. "Hey, Fluttershy... you ok?"

This prompted the shy pegasus to slightly stall, and peek out from under the comforter, meeting the magenta-eyed gaze of her lover. Surprisingly, somehow Fluttershy managed the courage to give a small nod, as in a response to say that she was alright, but once a loud ear-splitting roll of lightning and thunder rippled throughout town, the Element of Kindness let out a shrill squeak, and her expression melted into fear and helplessness.

"Hey," Rainbow Dash murmured in concern, wrapping her forelegs around her marefriend. "You're scared of the thunderstorm, aren't you?"

Hiding behind her mane bashfully, Fluttershy cuddled into the fast flier and whimpered as she nodded yet again, wincing at the sound of the storm once more.

With a small smile, Rainbow nuzzled Fluttershy and looked into those stunning cerulean eyes, that seemed to sparkle even now, when they were glossed over with tears of fright. "Hey, it's ok." she whispered. "I don't care if this scares you. It's cool - I got ya covered."

"B-b-but," Fluttershy let out another light squeal as the thunder cracked. "D-d-don't you think it's foalish for, well... me to be frightened of just a simple-" She whimpered as the lightning flashed across the window again, followed by yet another loud boom. "s-s-storm?"

"It's fine," Dash said simply. "Really."

Managing a small smile, the meek pegasus snuggled into her marefriend's grasp and lightly sighed as she suddenly felt the courage not to wince at every rough, violent action nature brought...

She was safe now.

She realized nothing could hurt her.

PreviousChapters Next