• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,064 Views, 132 Comments

The FlutterDash Group Collab - Dalek Saxon



A collection of short fics written by members of the FlutterDash group.

  • ...
21
 132
 3,064

PreviousChapters Next
Allergies- NintendoGal55

Written by NintendoGal55

***

Rainbow Dash walked through Ponyville, looking as cool and awesome as ever. At least, to the naked eye. But inside, she was nervous and panicking, though trying hard not to show it. She was trying hard to wrap her brain about Rarity's dating advice, along with Applejack's own string of suggestions.

"Jeez..." She mumbled to herself, staring at the ground. "This whole girlfriend thing is tougher than I thought..."

But she couldn't give up. She wouldn't. Not when Fluttershy was completely worth all the effort in the world. She was not about mess this up, not for anything. Rainbow vowed not to let her past screwups and inexperience within the realm of dating hold her back.

I've gotta do something nice for Fluttershy... Now, what the hay did Rarity say I should do? Chocolates? Flowers? Yes! Flowers! Fluttershy's going to love them! She likes flowers! Who doesn't?

As if by sheer coincidence, she happened to stop by Roseluck's flower cart. Just as Rainbow was approaching the cart, she paused.

'Wait...what kind of flowers should I get? The kind she likes? Or those that symbolize all this mushy lovey-dovey stuff? How many should I get???'

Groaning, the cyan pegasus approached the cart, overlooking the display of flowers. She wasn't a flower expert, but she knew a few of the types. Cosmos, tulips, carnations, narcissus, roses, daisies, lilies, and the like. Biting her lip, she dug deep into her memories, trying to recall of Rarity had made any suggestions for the types of flowers she could get.

"Hey, Rainbow Dash!" Roseluck suddenly spoke up, looking to her with a smile. "In the mood for some flowers?"

"Huh?" Rainbow looked from Roseluck to the flowers, and shook her head. "No, not like that! I'm just...uh... getting some...for my friend, so that she can give them to her girlfriend!"

The flowery pony gave her a look, clearly unconvinced. "Yeah, you can stop using the 'I'm doing this for a friend' cover-up and just admit you're getting them for Fluttershy," she deadpanned.

Rolling her eyes, Rainbow sighed heavily, "All right, fine! Look, I just want to get Fluttershy a nice bouquet and I don't know what to get her!"

This made Roseluck smile as she indicated to a bouquet at one end of her cart. "It just so happens that I have a Couples Bouquet right here on special, since Hearts and Hooves Day is next week, and all. So, why don't you get her that? I'm sure she'd love it!"

Studying the arrangement, Rainbow Dash had to admit that it looked really nice. It consisted of lilies, bell flowers, a couple of yellow roses, red tulips, a purple cosmos, and a few other various flowers she didn't know the name of. It was even wrapped up in an ivory bow, adding to the look.

Satisfied, she bought the bouquet, and decided to head over to Fluttershy's right then.

---

Upon arrival, the cyan mare quickly spotted her love, seeing that Fluttershy was frolicking in the grass outside her cottage. A perfect opportunity for a fun entrance came to mind as Rainbow swooped down, the bouquet in her mouth, and landed on the ground; just a few feet away from the creamy yellow pegasus.

"Rainbow!" Fluttershy exclaimed, her surprise becoming a happy smile.

"Hey, Fluttershy!" Rainbow greeted, going over to her and placing the bouquet into her hooves. "This is for you! For...you know...no reason! Just because! I uh...know you like flowers...and they're pretty...so...I figured you'd like 'em...since you're pretty, too! Yeah!" She smiled sheepishly.

Giggling, Fluttershy nuzzled her as she took hold of the flowers. "Thank you, Dashie! They're beautiful!" She raised them to her snout, taking a sniff. Her brown knitted as her face scrunched a bit, especially at her snout. Before Rainbow could ask what was wrong, Fluttershy let out a soft, delicate sneeze.

"Fluttershy? Y-You okay?" Rainbow asked, a feeling of dread washing over her.

"O-Oh no...Rainbow, I'm so-achoo!-sorry!" Fluttershy handed it back to her, looking ashamed. "I-I'm....I'm allergic to some of those flowers in there...n-not all of them, but a few..."

Ears drooping, Rainbow Dash looked down to the ground in shame. "...Oh...sorry, Fluttershy..."

'You IDIOT! How could you have forgotten that?! Why didn't you ask her first about what flowers she was allergic to?! Yeah, I know that would've ruined the surprise, but at least you wouldn't have ruined things! You're the worst girlfriend ever!'

Sighing, she placed it onto her back, deciding to eat them later. Turning to go, she couldn't even look at the shy pony. "I'll just go..."

"Why?!" Fluttershy whimpered, coming around to face her. "Rainbow, why are you leaving? I'm not angry... You don't have to be sad..."

"No, you just don't get it! I should've known better, Fluttershy! You're my best friend, and my girlfriend now! I should pay more attention, I should realize these things! But all I ever do in relationships is screw them up somehow!" Rainbow half-yelled, more at herself than at Fluttershy. "How can I even be a good marefriend to you if I can't even give you the right flowers?"

"...Rainbow..." Fluttershy came closer and hugged her, nuzzling into her mane. "Please don't say that. It's not true. Allergies can develop at random times, and I didn't even really ever say what I was allergic to, at least in terms of flowers. I didn't expect you to know something I might not have even told you. It was an honest mistake, and it doesn't reflect how bad of a girlfriend you are."

"...Really?" The cyan pegasus managed, hesitantly bringing a hoof around her back.

"Of course." Fluttershy pulled back a little, giving her a gentle kiss. "I love you, Rainbow. We can work out these mistakes and learn from them. It's okay."

A happy, relieved grin overcame Rainbow's face as she hugged her lover in return. "And I love you too, Fluttershy. Thanks for that. I think I needed it."

"You're welcome. Now...why don't we go inside and have a snack of flowers? You can eat the ones I'm allergic to."

PreviousChapters Next