• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,063 Views, 132 Comments

The FlutterDash Group Collab - Dalek Saxon



A collection of short fics written by members of the FlutterDash group.

  • ...
21
 132
 3,063

PreviousChapters Next
Dance- Jondor

Written by Jondor

***

“Darling, you’re not going to find a much better time before the night is over. Just go ask her.”

Fluttershy sighed as Rarity put a hoof on her shoulder. She’d had her head down on the table, staring longingly across the Canterlot Castle ballroom toward Rainbow Dash. Almost an hour had passed since Dash sat down to talk to Spitfire and a couple of the other Wonderbolts attending this year’s Grand Galloping Gala and Fluttershy hadn’t made a move yet.

“Go on.” Rarity urged, as the other two Wonderbolts left the table. “She’s almost alone now, and I’m sure Spitfire will remember you. Go or you’ll regret it later.”

Fluttershy gulped and then set her jaw and finally stood up. “You’re right, Rarity.”

Fluttershy’s way was blocked as the orchestra had just started to play a lively waltz and the dance floor was suddenly crowded with ponies. Rarity motioned toward the ceiling with her hooves as Fluttershy looked back for support. Taking her meaning with wide eyes, Fluttershy flexed her wings and took flight, skimming over top of the dancing crowd to land beside Rainbow Dash.

“Hey, Fluttershy! Spitfire, you remember Fluttershy, right?”

“Sure do. That was a nice bit of flying, jumping inside the tornado at speed like that and recovering quickly enough to boost it over 800 wing power.” Spitfire grinned as Fluttershy’s cheeks turned pink.

“Th.. thank you.”

“What’s up, ‘Shy?”

“I um.. well, I..” Fluttershy stuttered a bit and Spitfire, guessing correctly, helpfully turned her attention off in another direction. “I came over to ask you for a dance, Dashie.”

“Here? Now? In front of all these ponies?” Dash’s eyes widened in surprise with a hint of stage fright. “It looks pretty crowded over there.”

“If you don’t want to, I understand.” Fluttershy tried to squeak out. However, her quiet tone was covered up by another voice.

“If Dash doesn’t want to, I’d be happy to take this dance.” Spitfire said casually, turning back to the ponies across from her. Spitfire hid her smirk behind her wine glass as Dash stood up and took Fluttershy by the hoof, leading her toward the dance floor.

When they reached the edge of the dance floor however, Dash dropped Fluttershy’s hoof in dismay. “It is really crowded, how are we supposed to dance anyway?” Dash scowled. A soft breeze on her cheek and the sound of beating wings answered her as she looked up to see Fluttershy hovering next to her, above the level of the crowd.

Fluttershy smiled down as she extended her hoof. “May I have this dance?”

Above the crowd of waltzing ponies below, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash danced the way only two pegasi could. They swooped forward and back, side to side, low over the crowd and high in the air. They danced upright and sideways, prone, supine and even corkscrewing through the air at one point, eventually drawing almost every eye in the room.

Dash continued to hold onto Fluttershy as they hovered low over the floor toward an empty table.

“You know, you really are a great flier when you want to be, ‘Shy.”

“Thank you, Dashie.” Fluttershy breathed out before leaning in slowly, her lips slightly parted. When Dash made no move to stop her, she closed the rest of the gap and they shared a long kiss.

PreviousChapters Next