• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,064 Views, 132 Comments

The FlutterDash Group Collab - Dalek Saxon



A collection of short fics written by members of the FlutterDash group.

  • ...
21
 132
 3,064

Chapters Next
Introductions- jmartkdr

Written by jmartkdr

***

"Are you sure you're okay? I mean, I don't want to sound worried, but you seem more nervous than you were when we at my parents' house..." Fluttershy said.

If you keep asking if I'm nervous, I'm going to scream. "No, no, I'm fine. It's cool. They already know you, right? We've been friends since forever! They like you! There's nothing to worry about!" Dash's heart rate was up in the pre-race levels.

Dash didn't even quite get to the door when it opened. Her father stood there, smiling. "Dashie! Welcome home! It's been to long!" he scooped her up in a hug.

"Hi, dad." Dash tried to squirm out of his embrace, while Fluttershy giggled.

"Hello, Fluttershy!" said dash's mother from behind the doorway.

"Hello Mrs Dash," Fluttershy responded.

"Ugh, don't call me that. I just got ma'amed at the grocery store this morning and now I'm Mrs. Dash." Dash's mother frowned a bit. Fluttershy did notice the wrinkles it formed in her face.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend you! You look great, by the way! What shampoo do you use?"

Dash's mother gave Fluttershy an indulgent look. "Thank you, dear. Now come inside, please."

They went into the kitchen and took seats at the table. There was already a salad prepared; Mrs. Dash never missed an opportunity to feed guests. Or family. Or complete strangers.

They ate in silence for a little while, enjoying the meal. After a bit, Dash's father asked "So what brings you two to Cloudsdale? I know you both love living in Ponyville even if you can't make me understand it."

"Well, actually, I... kinda have and announcement to make." Dash couldn't quite meet her parents' eyes. "I... I've... I've found a special somepony. A... very special somepony."

Both of Dash's parents' eyebrows raised at the same time, and the same amount. Fluttershy thought that was adorable, that two ponies could grow to be so similar.

"Er... who is it?" Mrs. Dash asked. Her eyes flicked about.

"I know this isn't traditional, and I know there will be problems, but... well, it's a mare." Dash said. "It's... it's Fluttershy."

Fluttershy would have shrunk down at the sudden attention if 'shrunk down' wasn't her default state.

There was silence in the house for about half a minute. Dash's mother reached into her purse, pulled out five bits, and slid them across the table to her father.

Chapters Next