• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,458 Views, 5,764 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,764
 20,458

PreviousChapters Next
Boasting is Bad, Buster

Twilight Sparkle,

Isn't your talent... magic? Like, just being really good at magic? I have to confirm this, because reading this report implies that you didn't want to use it at one point to help your friends.

Twilight, how often do you see a grounded Pegasus who put restraints on their wings just so they can't fly, or refuse to push a cloud for fear of a static shock? Do you see Earth ponies not doing... whatever it is they should be doing? How about Unicorns actually grasping a teacup in their hooves?

My point is you shouldn't be afraid to use your magic, even for trivial things. My mane would be a nightmare to brush if I didn't use magic, for example. I'm serious, I tried it without magic once. Scared near half the maids and guards in the castle that day.

Don't try it yourself. I don't want to hear about another Nightmane incident.

Speaking of incidents, I received a report earlier this evening about an Ursa Minor that appeared in Ponyville. I assume you handled that? Because if not, that means I'll have to come down there.

You don't want that to happen.

Love,

Princess Celestia

Luna, don't touch my hair.

Yes, I know we brushed each other's manes before, but you always put glitter in mine. You know how I hate gli--

I get to put ribbons in yours? Really?

...I'll think about it.

PreviousChapters Next