• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,459 Views, 5,764 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,764
 20,459

PreviousChapters Next
Triple Threat? No Thanks, Just One is Enough

Dear Spike,

When I met with Twilight some time ago, she approached me with a hoofful of ludicrous worst case scenarios as a result of her former student leaving her castle to go off and help with friendship. Bluntly put, they were about as sensible as hay fever dreams, but at least she came to me to discuss them as opposed to acting on these awful ideas she had conjured in her mind. You, however, have helpfully answered the “what if I tried to prevent that?” question with the only answer it provides: making a complete arse of yourself for no good reason.

Why Twilight decided to let you follow through with your keepaway plan (and even openly participate in it) based off of one such ridiculous imaginary event after our discussion on this exact topic escapes all notions of logic and reason to me. Frankly I’m bothered that Starlight was roped into this as well, but at least she has the excuse of being a friendship “graduate” greenhorn.

Yet they likely wouldn't have gotten involved were it not for your paranoia leading to a situation that can only be described as “making a friendship problem when there wasn’t one to begin with.” The last time that happened, I had to leave my castle. I’m happy it didn’t come to that, but to say this entire ordeal left me baffled, flummoxed, and outright confused likely paled in comparison to how Thorax and Ember felt about your plan.

However, the Mayor’s report noted there was a reconciliation. I certainly hoped so, otherwise this theoretical war would have had a dumber reason to start than the current Strappleberry War—gods, that name will never sound right no matter how many times I say it.

Anyway, I think you learned something important here today, because what you’ve learned is the one thing I’ve hammered into so many skulls by now I really should have a “Don’t jump to conclusions” stamp commissioned for my personal use. At this point, that stamp would quite literally help me save my breath.

Speaking of which, I do need to breathe. All this shouting has left me light-headed. Okay, where was I?

Right. This. Carry on, Spike. However, if you happen to find yourself on the precipice of making a phenomenally dumb decision again, at least look before you leap. Or if you can’t look, then think twice before jumping. And for the love of all that is good in the world, buy a planner in a notebook format so you quit dragging around a scroll that’s the length of a town street.

That last part is not from me. That’s the mayor’s suggestion after she identified it as a tripping hazard. Personally. By tripping over it.

Wishing You’d Stop Tripping Up Others With Your Nonsense,

Princess Celestia

Oh, Luna. I’m fine. Not really, but I’m just… done with today. How about you—why is a chunk of your mane missing?

So, a hungry blue dragon ate your hair after noticing it was sparkly, therefore it looked tasty. Well, it… kind of makes sense? I mean, I know it isn’t crystal, but dragon logic is inherently dense. You know that!

Also, her name is Ember. Please do not commit this name to memory strictly for her hair-grazing crimes.

Yes, I’ll see that Ember apologizes in a letter proper for her munchie attack. In the meantime, maybe try a shorter look until it grows back? Not a secretary-style look, though. I mean it!

PreviousChapters Next