• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,461 Views, 5,764 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,764
 20,461

PreviousChapters Next
Daring Shrubbery Design is Done, Panned by Ponyville Paper

Dear Ponyville Chronicle columnist Truth B. Told,

Thanks for the unabashedly brutal assessment of the latest shrubbery I’ve just put in the garden. Who would’ve thought an untrained pair of eyes couldn’t tell the difference between a rounded, slightly bulbous bush and the artistic intent that was the Princess’s Covering Phalanx? Not me, that’s who.

Sure, on the outside it happens to look exactly like somepony tried to replicate a smashed bunch of grapes. And maybe hiring a former guardspony that had an artistic phase best described as “almost not a complete waste of time” could have gone through a better screening process. However, I applaud his effort to design this with a space big enough to comfortably fit a princess inside, which is exactly what I wanted from this. Even if it looks like a mildly engorged Smooze blob, as you’ve so eloquently put it in your column.

In all fairness, I cannot fault you for coming up with descriptions like these. But at the very least recognize that I can get more use out of it than leaping onto it from an eagle’s perch. I assure you, by the way, that such a maneuver is in no way safe or sanctioned within my castle walls. Only an idiot would try—

...Never mind. A certain idiot I know did just try it. Begrudgingly, you have a point with its design in that regard. I’ll see to it that it looks less cushioning and more shielding.

Say Hello to Zesty Gourmand for Me,

Princess Celestia

Oh great. She dove in headfirst too, like a… graceful white lawn dart.

Sunny, quit flailing your hind legs! I’ll be down there in just a minute.

No, I don’t plan on taking a blind leap of faith! We have wings, and we should be using them when we can!

PreviousChapters Next