• Published 23rd Sep 2011
  • 1,897 Views, 61 Comments

Rite of Passage - Wheller



Twilight has been thrust into a role of a parent, a task of which she is frankly not prepared for. Ponyville readies itself for war against the Twin Gryphon Kingdoms, but when people start going missing, it's up to an unlikely group to investigate.

Comments ( 13 )

6480
Plot Armour comes off when plot dictates it.

"They're dead Jim" - Leonard McCoy.

6481

Holy shit, did not see that one coming at all. I can only wonder where that can lead from here. I'm assuming that since it was Overdrive's visions of the future that he subjected Rainbow to, she did not see this one coming and they are well and truly dead.

Curious to see where you'll take this although the last chapter and epilogue seemed a bit rushed in comparison. Out of curiosity it wouldn't be because you're painting yourself into a corner or running out of steam would it? If not I'll breathe a sigh of relief, just worried that Kaleidoscope/cancellation is where this one is going. Can't say I can fault Ponyman for it, grand story that got swept out of control and here you are with a ten story series. Just hoping you're not getting frustrated.

6484

Ha. No. The epilogue is supposed to be short to bridge the gap between this story and the next.

However, there is only one part left. So stay tuned for: "The Long Road Home".

6491

Oh believe me I intend to, you are one of my favorites on this site. I latched onto the series around the time you were doing the seventh story and then read the entire thing in one swoop. Been following it pretty much religiously since. Quite a beautiful piece you've crafted here and no amount of canon can dismantle what I am pretty much accepting as alternate universe.

6491
Whatever it is, I hope it's as good as that which preceded it. Also, good call on the "Anypony can die" part; while it's not good to see that the two Pegasi are dead, it's good to know that Overdrive can't get his own way all the time. Also, he's forgotten about the fourth player in their game: Luna.

6531

True, he can't. Problem is, that the Elements of Harmony are useless unless you have all six, and the Elements of Harmony are the only thing that can hurt the Siblings Nightmare.

Harmony and Order are synonyms after all.

6536
Which is probably why their turning Fluttershy into Murdershy was their trump card; to think that they feared it would blow up in their faces.

7256

I've been told it's worth the time.

Oh my Luna, what the Buck did I just read... :pinkiesick:

A third of the Mane 6 is dead, ANOTHER third is under the control of Overdrive, Tia is suffering from food poisoning that would make Sweeney Colt's lady fair proud, one of the CMC is half crazy, another is homeless, and the last was crushed like a tin can by her own sister. ...and Spike STILL isn't back.

...teatotaler or no, I'm too sober to think strait right now... :facehoof:

6536
A "False" synonym, really. It is closer to "Balance", from my point of view. In other words, a combonation of BOTH Chaos and Order is required to have Harmony. Otherwise, Overdrive wouldn't be the Bad Guy, now would he? :derpytongue2:

Well, there's your problem!!!! No more element bearers!!!

GOD DAMMIT ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY KILL OFF MURDERSHY! THAT IS THE UNWRITTEN RULE OF FICS INVOLVING LOTS OF DEATH!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

ok, i don't care how it happens, but give dash back, give her back now.

to be honest this has upset me more than i would have thought.
but i love it and i hate it, if you know what i mean.

7632695 I doubt anyone in authority would notice by this point, but probably best to do it anyway.

Login or register to comment