• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 9,618 Views, 1,058 Comments

Looking Through the Pokeball - Magical Trevor



Pokemon start to appear in Equestria, but they don't seem to be the same as the stories in the myths once claimed...

  • ...
34
 1,058
 9,618

PreviousChapters Next
That's How the Cookie Crumbles Part 1

Disclaimer: This chapter is, aside from the journal entries, and a couple other brief moments, told from the Point of View of Kaye. Improper word use is intentional, and may make your eyes burn a bit, and/or force you to think about what she meant. Reader Discretion is advised.

Dear Kyra,

Today was... Well, if I'm perfectly honest, I think that, sadly, this was a 'normal' day for Ponyville. Either that, or they have nerves of steel. Though, considering that they have magic, I'm guessing it's more 'normal' than anything. I mean, today was hard work for me, but with how much my muscles hurt, that's a good thing. Plus, I got a job, so I'll be able to start saving up for... Something. I'll have to see if I can take the money with me or not, because, unless there's something wrong with my eyes, they use actual gold! Even if I only got to take five coins that they call 'bits' back home, I'd be rich!

But anyway, what made today so exciting was a certain little Eevee that has no right to be that cute... nor that destructive...

“Come, Kaye, it is thine turn to talk to Miss Wind and answer Princess Twilight's inquiries about thine world. Dost thou not wish to be able to talk to your new friends at the school-house?”

I sighed, exasterbated that Aunt Loony just didn't seem to understand! “Nu-uh, is Mister Fluffy's turn! I'm not supposta go for 'nother fifty billion-trillion-fillion years! Plus tax!”

Yush! Aunt Loony is smiling! That means it's fun times again! See, I told Glenny that you just gotta be patient and be willing to exclaim things to adults, cause they just don't understand the important stuffs sometimes. Once you exclaim things patient Lee, then they's gonna change their minds! Satisfied that Aunty Lune understood, I jumped onto her back so that I could see betterer. She bees really really super duper luper tall! Plus her hair is all wavy and filled with stars! How does she does that? I want stars in my hairs too! Ish super pretty!

So while Aunty Lune bees walking, I gets to relaxify and stuff, and do fun things, like give my tail brushies! Having a tail is, like, the bestest thing ever in the history of things! A tail ish, like... Super floofy, and really prettyful, and can even grab stuff if you practice really long and hard! I’m gonna learn how to do that, cause that looks like fun!

So I was in the middle of giving my tail the brushies it needs to be as floofy as, as Unc Fluffy, which is really super hard, when Aunt Loony dropped me onna ground!

“Hey, that hurted!” I rubbed my leg with a paw, before seeing the conditioner of my previously brushied tail. “Nu! My, my tail ish all dustified again! You, you ruineded my tail! Now I has to brushie it again before I can play!” Stoopid Aunt Loony, dropping me onna ground like that! That was just mean!

“Hello, little one! I’m Whispering Wind, but you can call me Wisp. What’s your name?”

I look up, an there’s another new pretty pony! Wispy? That, that sounds like she’s a cloud! But what kinda cloud is she? Polly Geara never saided much about the different kinds of clouds, so how’s I supposta know if she isn’t the kind of cloud that makes the thunder go kaboom? She could be dangerous!

“You know,” she said quieter, laying down on the floor next to me. “My favourite ice cream is mint. What’s your favourite? I promise I won’t tell anypony...”

Oh my goshness! Another pony who knows what bees most important! Looking around to see how far away everyone else was, I leaned up and whispered in her ear, making sure that, that my paw blocked the way. After all, five out of five friends agreed that was the bestest way to make sure dat adults can’t hear you! “It, it bees Cookies an Creames!”

“Cookies and... I’ve never heard of that kind before,” Wispy said, her ears deciding to take a nap.

How, how can they never has heard of Cookies an Creames?! Dat bees horrible! “It, it bees eyes creame wiv lotsa Oreo cookies in it!” I exclaimed to her.

“O-oreo? Is that a secret recipe?”

“Whut? I, I dun know... It comes inna blue bag, and it gots two chocolate cookies wiv frost in the middle!” They dun has Oreo cookies here? That, that’s depressed!

“I don’t think anypony has invented those yet,” she said sadly, laying her head on the ground.

“Nu! No, no saddy faces! You dun wanna have The-The Sads, or else I gots to cure you, an I isn’t a birdy!”

“T-the sads? You’re not a birdy?”

I sighed, trying to have virtuals. Polly Geara always said that having virtuals is important, cause it detonates what you does when faced with right or left. “Yeah, I don’t cheep! So dun make me hafta curify you!”

“But if you don’t cure me, then what if I’m stuck like this forever and ever? That would be horrible, wouldn’t it?”

Hmm... She has a pointer... Besides I’s hungry! Gotta work if I wants to get paid! “Okies, I’ll fix you! I just needs a what is that?!

Why does that always work? Miss Wispy turned around, fooled by my distracton, so I pouncified! “Tickle Tiems!

It was a tough battle, The Sads putting up an admiral fight, but the power of teh tickling just cannot be stopped! Once she started leaking, I knew that I was victorious! “Ish you healeded of The Sads now, or does I need to-”

“N-no, no more! T-the sads are gone, vanquished, defeated, bye bye,” Wispy confirmed, still giggling like a hyena. Though, she isn’t as mean as a hyena... Or is she? Maybe I should askify her if she’s eber tried to hurt cute lions.

“So Princess Luna says your name is Kaye?”

Well, if she knows Aunt Loony, then she’s not a stranger... “Uh-huh! And you, you’s Wispy.”

“That’s right! Bet you can’t guess how old I am, though.”

Oh no she did not! I, I’s smarter than that! I’ll show her! “Let’s see...”

Time to put on my thinking hat! Except that it bees back with Miss Polly Geara... I’ll just have to imagination I’s wearing it! “You, you is big...” Gotta make sure to lookit all angels and stuff. “You has super long hairs... No wrinkleses...”

Let’s see, what else... Oh! I know! I jumped onto her back, then started bouncing. “Weee! You, you’s strong! Dat means you must be... Umm... How long has you been older than ten?”

“About nine year... Oh, oh you’re good...” Wispy said, narrowing her eyes.

Not sure what else she said, cause I was too busy doing my victory dance! Dancing around, I shook my tail at her, singing my victory song! “Ah ah! Ah ah! Ah ah! Who’s the best? I’s the best!

As I shook my tail at her some more, I came to a horrible realization. “Y-you’s nineteen! You, you is almost old! You dun cry youself to sleep, does you? No wonder you has The Sads!” Poor Wispy! She, she’s almost old! She, she needs a hug!

“I’m not that old!” Wispy tried to reassure herself, though she did accept my hug. “I mean, even if I had a filly of my own, she’d only be a few years old at the most! It’s not like I’m thirty, or forty, or something like that! I can still find a stallion...”

“... Now I really want to get that translation spell figured out,” a voice said behind me. I-I wasn’t startled! I was just, um, testing out my leg muscles! Yeah! I dun know how high I can jump, so I was just seeing how high I could go! Yeah!

And that wasn’t a scream! It was, um... It was a... An excited explanation of how egg salad I was to meet new friends! Yeah. Cause I totally wasn’t scared! Only little kids get scared.

“Wow, you’re extremely athletic! Perhaps this species is related to felines? But the canines and shape of the tail suggests something more vulpine in relations... If Fluffy is correct, then this species must be an Eevee, but how do they spell it? How many e’s are there? Hmm...”

Wow, another princess, just like Aunt Loony! She’s even almost pink, like I am! So... why is she such a boring McNerd Head?

“So how old is ‘Kaye’, anyway?”

“Six anna half, but I’s gonna be seven next month!” I’ma big girl, I is! I even know some of the multiple numbers!

“You’ll be seven next month, wow!” Wispy said, clearly impressed. “So grown up already! Listen, we have some super boring stuff to do, but I promise that it’s important. So important, in fact, that we’re going to have to pay you! Did you already have breakfast?”

My poor tummy protected, yelling as loud as it could. Nuuuu, bad tumbily! You, you’s not s’posta be rumbly in lie berries! Ish rude! Big girls isn’t supposed to be rude! Now my face is all reddened, an Wispy is laughing at me...

“Well, tell you what. I’ll make my special cinnamon roll pancakes, and while we cook and eat you can answer a few questions, okay?”

“Hmm...” I tapped my chin, because that’s how you’re supposed to think seriously. Seven out of nine cartoons told me so! “Can I has icing too? Ish not cimmamin rolls if there isn’t any frostings too.”

“Hmm...” She tapped her chin too! She must be a super smart pony like me! I like her. “I suppose... But only if you tell me what your favourite color is.”

“Deal! Ish pink, just like starberry milks!”

“That’s my favourite drink too! Tell you what, go get washed up for breakfast, and I’ll have food ready for you on the table when you’re done, alright? Does that sound fair?”

“Yush! Yayificatons! I love love love cimmamin rolls! I, I gonna be super fast cleaning up! Fasterer than, than Sonic! I’ll show you!”

Yushness! I just gotta take a baff? I can bees faster than, than ledge frogs, just you wait an see!

Whispering Wind heaved a sigh of relief as the hyperactive filly ran off for the bathroom to get cleaned up. Only five minutes with Kaye had left her feeling drained, but perhaps some food would help. Good thing she had promised the little one some food, right?

“Have you made any progress so far, Twilight?” came a regal, mature voice behind her.

“P-Princess Celestia?!” Twilight jumped in surprise, her wings flaring out. “I-I didn’t know you… I mean I…”

Luna brought a hoof to her sister’s head, glaring with a hint of a smile as they started to bicker about proper etiquette on unannounced visits, even if they were supposed to be kept quiet.

“Um, Princess Celestia? Why do you have a large plate of cookies with you?”

“It’s quite simple, Miss Wind,” Celestia said as she popped a cookie in her mouth. “I happen to be quite fairly stressed, and as everypony knows, stressed spelled backwards is desserts! So there,” she said, sticking her tongue out before popping yet another cookie into her mouth, a faint ‘nom nom nom’ being heard.

“That….” Wisp blinked, thinking about it for a moment. “... That makes a strange amount of sense… Wait, so wouldn’t that mean that ponies get stressed because they aren’t eating enough dessert?”

“Which is precisely why I make dessert breakfast, my little pony.”

Luna took the platter away from her sister, setting it down on the table. “We have told thee that it ‘tis bad for thine health! And what of thine teeth? Thou-”

“Are such a worry wort!” Celestia retorted, sticking her chocolate spotted tongue out. “I’m a big mare, Lulu! You are such a mother hen!”

“Well at least We care about our figure!” Luna retorted, sticking her muzzle in the air.

“Oh no thou didst not!” Celestia retorted, her eyes burning.

“Oh wow,” Twilight said blandly, blinking as the two sisters started fighting. “Celestia reverted to… She must really be pissed. I’ve only ever seen her like this once.”

Wisp was about to reply, when she heard a quiet crunching sound originating somewhere behind her. Turning around, Wisp blinked in shock as a cookie just disappeared from the platter, going over the edge of the table. There was a quick munching sound, before another cookie mysteriously disappeared. Wisp narrowed her eyes, before jerking her head back in surprise as she saw a brief flash of pink.

Suspicious, Wisp trotted on the tips of her hooves, as quietly as she could, peering around the corner of the table. There, sitting with a grin that threatened to tear off her face, sat little Kaye, inhaling each cookie with quick, calculated bites, hardly chewing before swallowing, another cookie ready in her paws. Wisp watched in amazement as cookie after cookie disappeared, the large pile slowly diminishing.

Wisp opened her mouth, but stopped as Kaye paused as well, head tilting this way and then that, staring at the cookie in apparent fascination. Wisp looked at the cookie closely as well, blissfully ignorant of the drool starting to appear. The cookie was utter perfection. The dough was a healthy, golden brown, just firm enough not to fall apart while being held, but clearly soft enough that the cookie would melt in your mouth. The chocolate chips were on the verge of melting, liquid enough to be ice cream, but solid enough not to drizzle out of the cookie. Each chip was clearly placed with a precision bordering on obsession, evenly spaced to get a mouthful of cookie and chocolate with every bite from the ideally circular cookie.

Wisp whimpered as Kaye ate it in one bite, barely savoring the flavor or texture of the cookies. How could she not taste the wonderfully abundant sugar and perfection of those cookies? It was practically a crime!

The ‘mental ward’, if it can be called that, while not ‘unkind’, they did limit or omit certain… luxuries that most ponies wouldn’t think to add on a list of their top ten most important items. Namely, sugar. While they do eat many vegetables and fruits, there isn’t a pony alive that doesn’t love a good sugar cube, or any pastry or dish made with sugar. And Wisp had been forced for a number of months to be sugar free...

I continued to ignore Celes as she ranted, though I did giggle as she continued to use old curses. Celes made fun of us for so long for not switching to ‘modern’ language, but we don’t care! Tis fun to rile her up so, and we can speak however we liketh!

“Thou art such a- an elderberry sniffer!”

We heard Twilight gasp, but we don’t know why. Tis not like such an insult was particularly bad. We prepared our rebuttal, when a strange noise attracted our attention.

*munch munch munch munch*

The three alicorns turned their heads towards the kitchen, where a mostly empty tray sat, barely more than a dozen cookies left. There, sitting next to the tray, happily munching away, sat Kaye and Wisp, the former sitting on the latter’s back as they ate the diabetes-inducing goodies. They paused in mid-bite as they noticed all the attention the three royals were giving them. It occurred to the two that they thoughtlessly, though thoroughly, tore through the therapeutic treats.

We blinked, utterly stupefied at the brazen audacity of the two, when a strangled choking reminded us that there was no time to waste. We charged our magic, preparing to hinder Celes for as long as possible. “Fly, you foals!”

Author's Note:

Oh, trust me. Next chapter is going to delve into the weird shenanigans that you all were likely expecting with this chapter. Splitting it up into two parts so that they better fit the length of my other chapters.

So! A needle pulling thread! La! A note to follow so! Ti! A drink with jam and-
Knock it off, Brian, we have an Author's Note to do!
orite. I knew that. So, let's see, what to say first...
How about thanking everypony for being patient while we get back into the school rhythm, and for giving us 200 likes?
Nah. Like they wanna waste time reading crappy, sappy shit like that. Gotta be funny. Remember that 'Comedy' tag thing?
Oh yeah... Huh. Meh, whatever! So anyway, second part should be out shortly, so stay tuned sometime this week! Ideally tomorrow-
But realistically speaking, in a week or more... What? Don't glare at me like that, brah, I'm being realistic!
I'll realistic you in the face...

Anyway, forgot what I was originally going to say, but I hope this is good enough! If the description of that cookie wasn't enough to make you hungry/drool, then I failed, so... Lemme know how hungry you guys got, m'kay?

(And to those who felt their eyes burning reading Kaye's speaking, I'm sorry.)

Whoever sees the references first gets a cookie! (Only one cookie per person, so save some reference finding for the others, alright? Don't be a cookie hog! That's just mean! >:( )

PreviousChapters Next