• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 9,615 Views, 1,058 Comments

Looking Through the Pokeball - Magical Trevor



Pokemon start to appear in Equestria, but they don't seem to be the same as the stories in the myths once claimed...

  • ...
34
 1,058
 9,615

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter the Sixth

Luna heaved a sigh of satisfaction. After countless interrogations, she finally had a hint about what to start researching. Of course, it was also very nice to end the interrogation by letting loose some of the anger and frustration that the others had given her. All of the others had either known nothing, were driven insane, or were outright malicious towards her, trying to injure her. In retrospect, however, the last one she visited had at least amused her slightly, as it tried to make light of its situation, and was trying to have fun. And, after some thought, if it was new to the world, how would it know that she was royalty? Luna frowned, trying to remember if she had been wearing her regalia or not, before shrugging her wings. It didn’t matter now. Winter or whoever he was knew now not to disrespect her, and would surely apologize to her when he saw her outside of his dreams, assuming he ever gained that honor, of course.

Still... Pokemon... That was a name she had not heard in a very long time, ever since she was a filly. She knew she knew the word from somewhere, but she couldn’t remember where from. Turning to her bed, she frowned in thought, gazing at the creature laying upon it. It was a cross between a dog and a cat in shape, with white fur covering its body. It has a light blue ring on its forehead, as well as one on each leg. A single band of light blue also went around each elongated ear and tail. According to what he had told her in his dreams, he used to be a pony, but after the spell went awry, he woke up like this, and couldn’t use his magic anymore.

Luna walked over, resting a hoof on his forehead to check his temperature, which had been alarmingly high when she first found him, enough to cook an egg, even through the fur. Luna waited as her hoof slowly warmed, smiling as she noted how long it took. Certain that it would still be some time before he awoke, Luna sighed, leaving her room to find her sister and Twilight. Twilight is a most learned scholar, surely she has heard or read of Pokemon somewhere... Though perchance We should check on our... guests, first.

Nodding to herself, Luna teleported to the castle’s west wing, where the other ‘guests’ were currently being detained. She had, of course, taken the precautions to turn the rooms into comfortable cells, making sure that the furniture would not be able to be destroyed, or the door broken open.

She looked into the first room, where a strange blue, metal-like creature seemed to be using its two arms to wrestle with each other, occasionally breaking off the fight to start hitting itself on the head. Luna winced when she heard a particularly loud clang, but shook it off and kept moving down the hall to the next door. That one is surely mad... Even in its dreams it has two voices, like its mind is broken! There will be no usefulness from that one.

She peeked into the second room, blinking for a second before choking down a startled scream. The large, blue, cat/fish animal with fins for a collar had hanged itself from its bed, using the bedsheets to create a makeshift noose. Luna took a step inside, visibly shaken as she saw the large rudder-like tail hang limply from the creature’s body, which had already faded from a bright blue to a sickly pale shade.

While Luna was the more experienced of the two sisters when it came to the darker side of ponies, things such as suicide were so very rare that it had shaken Luna when she heard about the dozen or so cases that had happened during her millenia away. After all, that was an average of more than one a century! But to have seen one happen practically before her eyes was too much for Luna to take. She staggered into the bathroom provided for their guests, expelling what little she had in her stomach.

Steeling herself, she investigated the third room, only to find it in tatters, the strange green bug-like creature having sliced the room to pieces with its arm-blade things. Luna gaped slightly, charging her magic as she looked around, in case she needed to defend herself. but relaxed when she saw the bipedal creature curled up, sleeping off its exhaustion. Luna’s ears perked when she heard a soft ‘Scy’ escape its mouth as a snore, but then sighed as she realized that it meant nothing.

She backed up, closing the door behind her, trying not to become frustrated at her lack of success. The other rooms were all the same as well. Either fitful sleeping, the room torn up, black, uncaring stares, like they weren’t even sentient, or even killed themselves. Luna had never felt more jaded as she made her way to find her sister, Celestia. We need to find that red, disrespectful one again. He seemed like he knew what was going on. Maybe We’ll get a straight answer from him once he realizes this is no joke.

.o.O.o.

“Introducing the Luscious and Alluring Trixie!”

Everypony turned to the main doors, which opened to reveal a blue unicorn mare, flipping her mane as her purple cape fluttered in the wind. Seconds later, a large, red stallion trotted up next to her, whispering something brief in her ear, causing her to fidget in embarrassment, before huffing. “T-Trixie will introduce herself however she feels best!”

“Eenope.”

Trixie opened and closed her mouth a moment, before sighing. Trixie blushed slightly in embarrassment, but she swore she wouldn’t let it impact her impression on the princess. Trixie took several steps forward, only to find Celestia and the Elements of Harmony all staring at her, as well as Big Mac, the latter of which refused to be embarrassed.

Trixie, on the other hoof, turned beet red as the seven mares all stared at her. Big Mac, pulling a small cart behind him, nudged Trixie’s muzzle with his own, forcing her to start moving. As they started to make their way forward, Applejack tilted her hat down, trying to hide the grin spreading across her face as Twilight inquired, “Big Mac? Trixie? What are you two doing here?”

“Trixie has found an amazing creature, your Highness!” Trixie exclaimed, rearing onto her hind legs as she looked at Princess Celestia. “Trixie has discovered a new species!”

“Nu-uh!” Sweetie Belle protested from behind Rarity, holding onto Fluffy’s tail. “We found him first, you can’t have him!”

“Him?” Trixie questioned, quirking an eyebrow. “What are you talking about? How dare you call this beautiful creature a him! Just look at her!”

Trixie used her magic to take the cloth off the top of the cart, revealing her precious cargo. Curled up into a ball, sleeping serenely, lay a light blue, fox-like creature. She had long, crystalline ears, and two long, flowing, oblong diamond crests falling to both sides of her face, originating from three diamonds attached to her forehead. She was lethe, and her tail was long, ending in three sides, like the tip of a gem.

Sweetie Belle gasped, tugging on her fellow crusaders as they all gaped at the new creature. “W-where did you find her?!”

“Trixie found her near Big Mac’s pond, where she was, um, practicing one of her newest tricks, and-”

Applejack snickered, doing her best to stay quiet, but Rarity was quick to notice, and watched as Big Mac blushed ever so slightly, though it was very difficult to make out under his red coat. What? She managed to land Big Mac?! What does that floozy have that I don’t?!

That’s it!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed, stars appearing in her eyes.

“What is it, little marshmallow?” Trixie asked, flipping her mane. “Jealous that mine is so much more beautiful and elegant than your mutt?”

Trixie’s ears wilted when she heard Big Mac’s snort behind her, telling her that she had gone too far, but it was too late. Applebloom rushed up to Trixie, poking her in her chest as she exclaimed, “Y’all take that back! You’re insulting her special somepony!”

Trixie blinked, before backing her head up a little, trying to understand where Big Mac’s youngest sister was coming from. “Wh... Huh?”

“Yeah!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed, jumping up. “See? Look at them! She’s just a little bit smaller than he is, and aside from the extra fur, and the different color, and that they’re slightly different, they’re the same! Besides, look at how they’re both kinda restless! Maybe it’s because they miss each other!”

Everypony looked back and forth between the two, noticing how they were both restless. Twilight debated internally for a moment, before Princess Celestia took the blue one in her telekinetic grasp, gently moving her from her place in the cart to Fluffy’s side. They waited on baited breath, before the two unconsciously settled closer together ever so slightly, Fluffy’s tail wrapping itself loosely around the blue one.

The cutie mark crusaders all let loose an “Awwww”, cooing at how adorable the two looked together. Trixie blinked, huffing as she sat down on her haunches and crossed her forelegs. “But... So what, Trixie had Macintosh bring her to Canterlot for nothing?”

“No,” Celestia said with a smile. “It seems that you’ve reunited a family together, firstly. Second, everypony has been ordered to report, and bring in, if possible, any strange animals that they find. We’re trying to figure out what they are, and where they came from, and what their purpose-”

“Auntie, save me!”

The doors to the left burst open, revealing a panicking Blueblood as he ran desperately towards Princess Celestia. He was, at that moment, being chased by a strange creature, apparently running on its hind-legs. It had a round, purple face with long blonde hair, purple hands, and appeared to be wearing a red, trailing dress. It chased after Prince Blueblood with its arms outstretched and its lips puckered, trying to catch and kiss Blueblood.

As he ran closer, he saw Twilight and her friends, and his eyes lit up. “Lady Twilight! Help me!”

Twilight frowned, but she did charge her horn, levitating the creature and wrapping it in a bubble, so it wouldn’t be able able to chase Blueblood anymore. Blueblood heaved a large sigh of relief, bowing slightly to Twilight. “Thank you, Lady Twilight. That... thing has been chasing me all over the castle!”

“And what a horror that must have been,” Rarity scoffed quietly, rolling her eyes.

Twilight, on the other hoof, merely sighed, deadpanning to Blueblood, “Blue, how many times do I have to tell you to just call me Twilight, or Twi?”

Blueblood blinked, then coughed, turning his head to the side as he answered, “One more time, as always, Lady Twilight.”

Celestia sighed, hanging her head for just a moment, disappointed that Blueblood still hadn’t done anything, despite all of her encouraging. Rarity, on the other hoof, had turned back to Prince Blueblood, observing him questioningly. Lady Twilight? How long has he been calling her that? And why has he only ever address me as ‘Miss’?! It’s not like Twili-

Rarity blinked, her brain suddenly running on overdrive, trying furiously to figure out this particular conundrum. Unfortunately, she was disturbed from her thoughts as the doors on the other side of the hall opened with a boom as Princess Luna exclaimed loudly, “Celes! There have been complications!

As Luna entered, several things happened all at once, thus proving that there were, indeed, complications. Twilight’s magic imploded from the surprise, the strange monster disappearing entirely. Everypony jumped in shock, turning to face Princess Luna as the chandelier shook, threatening to drop as its crystals shook violently.

Lastly, however, was the most important complication, as its ramifications would last many a moon. Fluffy and his ‘special somepony’ woke up at the same time with a start, both of them gasping for breath, saw each other, and then scrambled away, screaming at the top of their lungs. Gummy 2.0 also awoke, jerking around as it tried to see what was going on, its eyes bugging out as it saw many things it knew just weren’t possible.

Luna blinked, then sighed, “Drat. We had hoped that he would have calmed down by now... Oh well. Anypony wish to join Us for some tea?”

Author's Note:

So yeah! Short chapter, but I figured it would be better to split it up into two parts. This part,as you could tell, focused mostly on the ponies. Next chapter, now that Fluffy and Co. are awake, will be focused mostly on them, though I think first person will still be saved mostly for Fluffy, as, while I CAN do first person for every character, as time goes on, it’ll be harder and harder to keep them all different and unique, so I’ll keep that for Fluffy, to make him more special and stuff. So... Yeah. X3

Silly CMC. Y u no learn not to meddle in other’s love lives? And Blue! Y u no be nice to Rarity when u so nice to Twilight?! Y U NO MAEK SENSE?!

Because they don’t make cents and dollars here, moron. They make bits.

Oh shut up, Brian! No one asked you! I was just being Heretical!

Don’t you mean rhetorical, you dork?

... I’ve heard it both ways...

Anywho, for those of you who don’t know, my home internet? Dun work anymore. School internet? Dun work anymore. My laptop refuses to work with the internet at all, aside from Gdocs. Literally, it is THE only thing that works on my laptop. Not even Skype is still working any more. So I get to get up at 5AM tomorrow morning in hopes that it’s enough time to get all of the homework I have due completed, before my night class starts... So yeah. With no internet, aside from Google Docs, I’m writing, if only because I’m TRYING to relax, because I won’t be able to tomorrow, and if I don’t do something, I will go crazy from not relaxing when I should be, since I can’t do anything else here at home, and-

Sorry, ranting and stuff again. That happens when I’m nervous and whatnot. I’m just going to shut up and keep writing.

P.S. If you’re reading this, it means I was able to copy and paste the chapter using my phone. So yeah, leaving some comments would be AMAZING, thanks. Keep me from going insane tomorrow. And who knows? It’s only 7PM. I’ve got 5 more hours to write. You never know, I could have another chapter for you guys tonight...

Know what, screw my phone. Its internet can’t be bothered to work either. Well know what? Buck you! *Pulls out a PokeBall* OminousBrony, I choose you! Post this crap for meh!

PreviousChapters Next