• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 9,614 Views, 1,058 Comments

Looking Through the Pokeball - Magical Trevor



Pokemon start to appear in Equestria, but they don't seem to be the same as the stories in the myths once claimed...

  • ...
34
 1,058
 9,614

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter the Eighteenth Part Two

As the majority of the class erupted into chaos, panicking and running to the back of the room, Cheerilee, now having reason to panic, screamed, before rushing to her student’s sides, preparing to defend them if necessary.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders, however, didn’t join their classmates, much to Cheerilee’s horror. Instead, they practically bounced up to the strange creature, surrounding it. “G-girls, get back from that! It could be dangerous!”

“Huh? Moony’s not dangerous!” Sweetie Belle said in protest. “He’s nice!

“Indeed,” Luna agreed, nodding. “Though he is lacking in his ability to dodge Kaye.”

“W-who is Ka-”

“Vee!”

Half the class screamed again as a pink furball ploughed into Princess Luna, who staggered only one hoof’s distance before regaining her poise. “Kaye, what didst We tell you about fighting indoors? Now apologize to Moonstone for tackling him into the classroom and disrupting Mistress Cheerilee’s lessons!”

“F-fire! The playground’s on fire!”

Sweetie Belle growled viciously as she rushed out of the schoolhouse, followed by the rest of the occupants as she screamed, “Fluffy!”

.o.O.o.

Crap! Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap cr-

As much as I hate to break your pattern of thought... You really need to do something about that seesaw, brah. I don’t think that ponies can use one that is currently enflamed, but seeing all of the other crazy stuff they can do, it wouldn’t surprise me if they could...

I know, I know! I’m looking, I’m looking!

Okay, I know what you’re thinking, and this was totally not my fault, alright? See, I was just taking a walk through the playground, right? To see what I wanted to play on first. So first I tried the swings, but found that it was much harder without being able to sit like a human, and I was not about to sit like that without... you know, clothes?

So then I headed to the jungle gym, but I was just big enough that I couldn’t really do much goofing off, so that was a bust. After that, I decided to just take an enthusiastic walk through the playground, in case I became inspired. So I was just walking along, when this gigantic, hairy, eldritch abomination from the very depths of Hell came along and nearly killed me!

So I tried to make the best of the situation: I burned it with fire. Lots and lots of fire. And that brings us to the part of my walk where I’m panicking about how to now put out said fire of the seesaw.

So let me get this straight... You were taking a walk through the playground-

An enthusiastic walk through the playground.

... So you were talking an enthusiastic walk through the playground, and you stumbled upon a gigantic, hairy, eldritch abomination, and so you freaked out like a sissy before killing it with fire.

Lots of fire.

Right... Lots of fire... And so you burned it to death.

Enthusiastically.

Yeah... Words fail to express just how... Wait, isn’t that a water pump right over-

I’m saved! Just gotta... What luck! There’s a bucket right there, too! Okay, just gotta fill it up... Yes, I’m saved!

I staggered a bit on the way back, but I was able to save enough water to put out the fire on the seesaw. As I watched the leftover water soak into the wood and slowly drip onto the dirt beneath, I had only one thought: I was saved!

Ignis Fluffy Solaire Flareon, you’re so busted!

I’m screwed! If I could see myself, I’m sure I paled a good five shades or more. You know you’re in trouble when someone uses your full... Wait a sec...

Since when was my name Ignis Solaire Flareon?

Wait, weren’t the first two her name suggestions way back when?

Err... I don’t know, sure?

She probably made up a ‘full’ name for you so that she can shout it when you’re in trouble. Good luck surviving.

... Gee, thanks. Yeah, I wish me luck too...

I grinned nervously and uneasily at Sweetie Belle as she stormed towards me, righteous fury in her eyes. I would have thought it insanely cute if I weren’t so damn nervous.

“Just what do you think you’re doing?! I told you not to get into trouble! That means not setting stuff on fire!

Fire, what fire? I don’t know what fire you’re talking about! Please, somepony, notice the lack of fire in the near vicinity so that she’ll stop being ticked at me!

“Interesting... Fluffy, didst thou set fire to this wood?”

Oh shit! Princess Luna?! I am so royally screwed now...

... Please tell me you did not just say that...

Huh? Why? Why would you care if I... Oh... Well, that certainly gives that phrase a whole new meaning...

Swallowing hard, and ignoring the slowly growing crowd of foals from the school, I nodded, but was quick to point out the bucket of water and that the board was still dripping.

“Thine fire did not damage the wood at all.”

Say wat?

“But we all saw the fire,” Dinky said, protesting as she pointed at the scorch marks around the seesaw.

“Quite,” Luna agreed, nodding as she sat down, ignoring Kaye as the Eevee started playing a game of tag with some of the braver foals. “But how didst Fluffy not destroy anything? What, exactly, were you trying to destroy?”

“Demon spawn from the depths of Hell that would make Cerberus play dead, demons wet themselves, and Hades go crying home to mommy!”

As I ranted and raged about the one creature that God should have never allowed to exist, I failed to not only remember that they couldn’t understand me, but also failed to notice some certain ponies sneaking up behind me carrying...

“Hey look, it’s Princess Luna! Maybe she’d want to see the spider we caught, mate!” a small grey pegasus colt exclaimed, nudging his earth pony friend covered in brown spots.

Yes, I screamed like a little girl. No, I feel no shame in admitting that. I jumped I don’t know how high into the air, screaming, before landing on all four paws, shoving Sweetie Belle in front of me as a shield, screaming, “Kill it! Kill it with fire!”

“Eek! G-get it away from me!” Sweetie Belle screeched, her hooves frantically trying to backpedal away from the small spider in Pipsqueak’s hoof. “Kill it! Burn it, fry it, get it away from me! Get a flamethrower!

I’m sure my eyes went slightly glassy as I spaced out. I knew that Sweetie Belle hadn’t meant to give me an attack command, but as she did inadvertently, I could see in my mind’s eye how to perform a proper Flamethrower attack, and not that weak ember-like attack I did on the first spider.

Dodging around Sweetie Belle, I opened my mouth, took a deep breath, and then released it with... It’s hard to explain, really. I mean, you know how you can breathe with your lungs or with your diaphragm? Well, it’s kinda like that, but there’s another... Fire Pokemon, heck, maybe all Pokemon have some sort of variant, or a third option, I don’t know. All I know is I knew Flamethrower now, and I was not going to hold back!

Of course, I didn’t mean to hit Pipsqueak and Rumble as well, (found out their names later), but even though they were bathed in the flames, they only got covered in soot. Their captured spawn from Hell, however, was promptly returned to the lake of fire, where it shall continue to roast for the rest of its undeath. Huzzah!

While everyone else gaped at the two colts who were now entirely black, I pranced back to Sweetie Belle, sickeningly proud of myself for having murdered the bane of my existence in one attack, and saving Sweetie Belle in the process.

Fluffy - 2, Eldritch Demon Spawn - 0.

“O-oh my gosh! Rumble, a-are you okay?!”

I blinked as Sweetie Belle ran past me, stopping in front of the pegasus colt. “Y-yeah, just fine, Belle,” the black colt coughed, before shaking himself vigorously, a black cloud exuding from his body. “That... Umm... S-sorry I forgot you hate spiders...”

“Princess Luna, Princess Luna!” Pipsqueak exclaimed, bouncing forward. “Look, I’m all dark like you now! Does this mean I can be your guard in the future?”

“Like, seriously? You and that blank-flank are both scared of spiders? That’s, like, totally pathetic, right Tiara?”

… Oh, you did not just say that... No one, and I mean no one, scoffs at the fear of the abominations known to others as the dreaded ‘Spe-eye-der’! (I can only assume that Spe means eight, and der is an anagram of Demon Eldritch Revived, since they keep coming back, no matter how many times I kill the damn things!)

Turning around to take a gander at who had spoken, I failed to choke down a snarl as I saw what were clearly two ‘popular girls’. They’re all the same: disinterested facial expressions, nose (or snouts, in this instance) in the air, and a general attitude of being holier-than-thou. Oh, and a condescending tone of voice, how could I forget?

The pink one with a crown thing on her head seemed to be the one in charge, since the silver one had deferred to her, standing half a pace behind. Ugh, it’s like looking at a young version of Miss Peacock from Clue (but without the proper manners and general politeness.) Horn-rimmed glasses and a large, fairly fake-looking pearl necklace. Either her father was rich, her boyfriend was rich, or... Nah, I doubt her mother’s dead, so it can’t be hers. Maybe an older sister she stole jewelry from? That happens, right? Sisters borrowing jewelry? Hell if I know! (I grew up with two brothers, so heck if I know what sisters do and don’t do.)

“Is it snarling at us?” the pink one exclaimed indignantly, glaring at me. “Sit! Heel! Stupid mutt! If you bite me, my daddy will make you pay!”

… Yeah, wow, I am so scared. I mean, what could possibly be more dangerous to me, a fire-breathing dog, than her father? Whelp, I guess I’d better just go ahead and surrender and grovel for my life, since I obviously won’t win in a fight against a rich jerk.

With a smug-ass deadpan, as I sat in front of them, I raised my right paw, then flexed my paw just so, revealing my claws. Now, it needs said that I don’t have claws claws, but all dogs, cats, and so forth have nails, so yeah.

Oh man, their faces... Absolutely priceless! They ran away, screaming in fear, yelling that their dads would get me in trouble, and blah blah blah. I wasn’t really paying attention, because I was too busy laughing my furry butt off. At least, until a certain blue bitch of a fox decided to tackle the fluff right off me.

Oh, it is on! And there’s going to be hell to pay!

“What the hell is your problem?!”

Snark mode activated! “A train leaves Canterlot at a speed of 80 miles per hour. At the same time, The Friendship Express leaves Ponyville-”

She scratched me. Crystal just-

Okay, screw chivalry! She wants to play with fire, I’ll give her some freakin fire!

.o.O.o.

Yeah, that went well...

Oh shut up! You’re not the one who got into a fight... Why the hell did I even follow your advice?!

Okay, so here’s what happened. I mean, it all happened pretty fast, so sorry if my thoughts are a bit scattered. I had taken a breath to use flamethrower, figuring that would be an amazing place to start. Of course, you kind of need to be able to, you know, take deep breaths, and with her on top of me, yeah, couldn’t exactly breathe that well. Oh well, who needs fire when you can just use an old-fashioned Headbutt?

Got her off me, but if she was mad before, she was pissed now. I swear she snorted freaking ice! If I wasn’t just as pissed at her, I probably would have thought that was hot.

Sadly, hindsight’s a bitch. If I had thought a bit more about Flareon and Glaceon’s natural stats, I would have realized that, really, I didn’t have much of a chance, outside of the type advantage. See, Flareon and Glaceon have the same base stats for Hit Points and Speed, firstly. With how the rest of the stats are split up, her attack and my defense were equal, and my special attack and her special defense were equal. So really, the only advantage we each had over each other was that I had an extra twenty in my ‘base’ attack stat, and she had hers in her special attack comparative to our defense against those types of attacks.

tl;dr, she kicked my ass all over the field. Sure, she used physical attacks instead of special attacks, but there was no type disadvantage for her that way, and on top of that, she’s freaking fit. She’s like... Crap, think... Jillian! Yeah, you know, from Biggest Loser? She’s like Jillian levels of fit, and I’m... yeah, super fat. Doesn’t take a genius to realize that she’s going to win.

See, I said we had the same ‘base’ stats, right? Well, levels aren’t really a thing, right? They’re just a game mechanic to show how a character is getting stronger, more experienced, and so forth. So with my being fat, and her being highly fit, it’s like a level five starter trying to fight a gym: you aren’t going to win.

I mean, not that she got away unscathed, but I definitely took more damage than she did. The only thing that saved me, really, was the fact that there were foals around.

I learned many things over the course of the day, but one of the most important I learned that concerns my safety... never, and I’m not one to curse, but I mean f(buy some apples!)ing never threaten kids when Moonstone is around. He might only be, like, fifteen or sixteen, but he will wreck your ever-loving freaking shit.

Now, I had always wondered about the move Protect, because, and correct me if I’m mixing moves up, but in the show, (Team Rocket) Jessie’s Wobbuffet knew both Protect and... Reflect, I think? And there was an episode somewhere where it kind of focused on how they both not only protected against physical and special attacks respectively, but also freaking reflected them back to their source!

Turns out, it works like the show... Well, either that, or Moonstone’s Protect did shit, because I definitely felt like I got run over by a truck. See, Crystal and I had charged each other at the end, and by that point, I was angry enough that I was able to use Flare Blitz to help with my speed. Well, right as we got close, all of a sudden Moonstone came bounding forward, and the air shimmered a little bit, then... Blackout.

*Sigh*

I am getting really, really bloody sick and tired of getting knocked out... I’m getting an entirely new appreciation for Pokemon, though, and how they’re treated...

Author's Note:

Okay, sorry, I know it’s short, but after some thought, I realized that having one’s PoV for a whole day, and then the diary entry at the end for the other, just isn’t going to work. The diary entry would have to be HUGE to cover everything that happened to the other character, so I’m just throwing caution to the wind and writing whatever I need to when I need to. If that leads to focusing too much on Fluffy instead of Crystal, or vice-versa, then I’m sorry. This chapter took so long because I was stuck telling it from ONLY Fluffy’s PoV, so I don’t want to get myself stuck like that on purpose again. Sorry again for the delays! Next chapter/part should be coming along within a week, so... Yeah.
(Turns out the Fallout idea worked. Just an hour or two of that, and I’m so pissed that I would just LOVE to write!)

PreviousChapters Next