• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 9,619 Views, 1,058 Comments

Looking Through the Pokeball - Magical Trevor



Pokemon start to appear in Equestria, but they don't seem to be the same as the stories in the myths once claimed...

  • ...
34
 1,058
 9,619

PreviousChapters Next
In Which Music is Acquired? Part 2

“But why not ask Princess Cadance for help?” Rarity protested, stomping a hoof. “She's the princess of love!

Blueblood snorted. “No, she is not, and she would tell you so herself were she here!”

“But it’s her special talent!” Rarity wailed, both hooves slamming onto the table.

Blueblood took a deep breath, held it, then exhaled slowly as he shoved his foreleg through the air. “No, it is not,” Blueblood said, keeping his tone even. “That is a common misconception, certainly, particularly after her wedding, but no. If you will recall, her cutie mark is a crystal heart. Her special talent is not love. It is bringing ponies to work together. Love is merely where ponies struggle most often with working together in true harmony as couples often get into fights. They might have fights often, or not often at all, but they still, nevertheless, fight.”

“She… brings ponies together. That’s it?” Rarity asked, sagging in her seat.

Blueblood nodded. “Yes. That is it. If it weren’t for her, actually, I’m not sure if Lady Twilight and I would have been friends or not.”

“Oh? What did she do?” Rarity nickered, tilting her head.

“Well, it all started when I was a colt, I suppose,” Blueblood said, eyes slowly glazing over as he stared at the wall behind Rarity. “I was still learning my way around the castle, so Auntie was escorting me to her room, where she was going to start teaching magic.

“When I arrived, however, there was already another filly there, with her muzzle buried in a book. She looked from it, obviously nervous, but still tried to smile. Auntie introduced us to each other, and Twilight… Twilight did something different…”

“Oh?” Rarity prodded, raising an eyebrow as she leaned forward. “What happened?”

“Well, most fillies tried holding their hoof out right in front of me, wanting me to either shake it or kiss it. I could never tell,” he admitted, lowering his voice.

Rarity tittered, trying (and failing) to hide a smile behind her hoof. “Who knows indeed.”

Blueblood’s face tinged red, but he continued on. “Regardless, they tried to get close, leaning towards me, trying to touch me, and I could not stand it. That is when my… disability first showed itself.

“Regardless, Lady Twilight was different. She waved meekly, and shied away a little when I drew close, but not completely. It was then that I realised we were kindred spirits, at least, of sorts.”

“I… may have developed a crush, due to that, but I wanted her to be my friend, in the hopes that she would help me overcome my fear of being near mares. But if she was as scared of me as I was of her, then the odds of that were… far from our favour, to say the least,” Blueblood said, before taking a sip of tea to whet his throat.

“I did not wish to bother Auntie with such a conundrum, so I turned to the only other pony I knew: cousin Cadance.”

“You’re cousins?” Rarity asked, a quill pausing from its scratching on the parchment paper.

“It is… complicated,” Blueblood amended, shrugging. “Regardless, I turned to her for help. She was thrilled there was a filly I wasn’t scared of, and agreed to do her best to help me make friends with her. When we shared magic class with Auntie next, ‘Dance snuck in and used her magic, and we slowly became friends. I learned as time went on that Twilight loved studying more and more, so I started studying more too, so that I could join her and help her study for her tests.

“And that is how Lady Twilight and I became friends,” Blueblood ended, nodding as he finished his tea.

Rarity blinked. “That… is… so romantic!” she exclaimed, stars appearing in her eyes. “Foalhood friends, slowly falling in love even though one does not realize it yet. It’s so tragic!”

Blueblood blinked, then asked, “And how the heck does that make it romantic? You just said it was tragic!”

“It is required for a truly romantic romance!” Rarity explained, stomping a hoof as she glared at Blueblood. “The more tragic it is in the beginning, the more romantic it becomes at the end when obstacles are overcome, and they fall in love to live happily ever after!”

“That… makes no sense,” Blueblood said. He facehoofed, sighing as he tried to understand the minds of mares.

“I’m with him,” Jess said, shaking her head. “That makes no sense.”

“That’s only because you don’t have a romantic bone in your body!” I retorted, defending Rarity. “It totally is too romantic! Maybe not… quite as much as what she’s trying to make it, granted, but it’s still romantic!”

I hope you realise how weak that argument sounds, brah.

Yeah, well, my body is still whipped from yesterday, so what do you expect? My muscles are protesting, so of course I’m weak!

… Carry on…

“Still,” Rarity continued from the next room, causing all of us to lean in towards the door again. “Cadance is the best pony to ask for advice. Unless you know of a better married couple that knows about Twilight better?”

“Anyone else feeling totally lost?” Wisp whispered, the rest of us nodding.

“W-well… Uh…”

“I did not think so,” Rarity nickered, bouncing her coiffeur several times. “While she might not be quite as helpful as I first thought, there is still no one who knows Twilight better than Cadance and Shining Armour.”

“What about her parents?”

Gah!

Everyone jumped as Rarity and Blueblood found out they had an audience, and we jumped as we realised that Sweetie Belle hadn’t been singing for awhile, as she and Star had also joined in on the eavesdropping in the rear.

*Sigh* Lady Starlight, you just had to open your muzzle and let them know we were listening, didn’t you… You aren’t quite as much of my favourite anymore, for snitching on us.

Jess and I looked at each other, realising that we had mere seconds, if that, to be doing something else when Rarity came around the corner so we wouldn’t get caught and get in trouble. Only one idea came to mind, and I could tell by Jess’s feral grin that she had the same idea I had, causing me to groan.

Dammit past Glenn…

Author's Note:

I know it's short, but it just ends so naturally there! So yeah. Trying to get chapters out more often, even if they're smaller, so I hope you enjoy!

PreviousChapters Next